"My phone number" says "Unknown"

This is a discussion on "My phone number" says "Unknown" within the Nexus One forums, part of the Google Phones category; So reprogram the China Unicom one then....

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: "My phone number" says "Unknown"

So reprogram the China Unicom one then.

First time I've been pissed off with Google

Today I spent 12 quid on an old Sony Ericsson phone just so I can program my number into the SIM card. Why can't my super phone do this!? Why do I have to buy a 10 year old phone to enable this function! Without it, all I get is an annoying grey square next to all my outgoing SMS since my number wasn't programmed into my SIM by default!

If an antique Sony can program my number to the SIM, why can't my Google super phone!? And even more frustrating, why did Google change the programming to rely on the phone number programmed into the SIM to work properly, the early FW versions worked just fine!
    Nothing is perfect, but we must not lose faith in perfection. If we did, everything would be a whole lot worse than it is now!

I put my SIM card in another phone and went to "own number" under settings, it showed my phone number as already being on the card...when I put it back in my N1 I still get "unknown number" under "about phone" and "status".

Anyone have any other solutions...would be nice to have it show my own number...

Quote Originally Posted by Reteb View Post
    Quote Originally Posted by sprocj View Post
    hi I had the same problem and yesterday borrowed a friends Sony Ericsson C902 on vodafone put in my sim card went to contacts then own phone number typed in mobile number clicked save removed sim put back in phone and up comes number under my phone number in status.
    julian
    I tried this and it works. Thanks Julian.
    The problem for some people is finding another unlocked phone to use.

Surely there must be a way of editing the phone number on the SIM from within Android, isn't there?
    Thank you so much! It saved me a alot of pain, that blank square on the message app was killing me. I just used an old samsung to set my "own number" and boom, switched the sim back to my N1, Done!

i had this problem also and i just let it go for awhile, but then it just seemed more complete to have the number show up and so I called tmo and they had it fixed in like 4 hours...it was on their end.
    CM7.0.3
    Overclocked 1113

Quote Originally Posted by cbroberts2010 View Post
    i had this problem also and i just let it go for awhile, but then it just seemed more complete to have the number show up and so I called tmo and they had it fixed in like 4 hours...it was on their end.
    It is true that your operator can apply the fix to the SIM card OTA, however, its also possible to "program" the number in yourself. Most people including myself used an old Sony Ericsson phone to do this. If anyone in the UK wants an old Sony Ericsson to program their number into their SIM, let me know, I bought it for 12.00 for this purpose only!
    Nothing is perfect, but we must not lose faith in perfection. If we did, everything would be a whole lot worse than it is now!

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Remove Ads

http://www.scramblerducati.org/

Sponsored Links