new nexus build FRF72

This is a discussion on new nexus build FRF72 within the Nexus One forums, part of the Google Phones category; I'm Gonna Wait for the Rooted Version of FRF72...

Page 2 of 10 FirstFirst 1234 ... LastLast

Thread: new nexus build FRF72

I'm Gonna Wait for the Rooted Version of FRF72
    [PHONE] Nexus 4

[ROM] CM11 Nightlies

----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

[TABLET] Nexus 7

[ROM] CM11 Nightlies

i uninstalled all of the swype on the phone and then reinstalled swype installer that was on my sd card then the app made me sign in and downloaded version by itself. Same as I did the first time.

Quote Originally Posted by mightytalldude View Post
    Quote Originally Posted by iPhoneSlayer View Post
    Nice find! I downloaded it and will just wait a day or so just to see if anyone is having any problems. Hope this doesn't mean that the final froyo is still not ready.
    I still feel lucky to have the version we do have as others are still waiting for anything. Thanks for the swype tip as I use it too.
    Ya I feel 2. All the missing apps make me feel very very lucky!

I downloaded and installed this morning. No problems to report yet but nothing new to report either. I think it probably just fixed a couple bugs like some other sites suggested.

How do I apply this update? Same steps as when I upgraded to 2.2?

I want to do it for practice prior to trying to root after Official OTA. Been reading hours and hours on rooting.

Asking because, and I can post instructions if needed, there are two different instructions on web. The one I used to get to 2.2 is different then the one posted on AndroidCentral to apply this update.

One has you holding volume dowm and power as the first phone step, the othe other has you holding down trackball and power. The one with the trackball speaks about bootloader the other doesn't.

Are they six of one etc, or two different guides for a reason.

I had no problem updating 2.2, just want to follow correct steps.

Ken
    Phones Owned: Nokia 6200; Nokia 6126 2ea; BB 8700g; BB 8900; MyTouch 4G; Nexus One: HTC One S; Carrier-TMobile

[SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]

San Francisco Giants

cxm
    I used the following instructions

http://www.androidcentral.com/how-ma...your-nexus-one

I had no issues.

That's one of the ones I was referring to. Just don't know why that is different from the ones I used to install 2.2 where you used volume down and power instead of tackball and power. Just trying to learn. May get to the same end either way.

Thanks for the reply,

Ken
    Phones Owned: Nokia 6200; Nokia 6126 2ea; BB 8700g; BB 8900; MyTouch 4G; Nexus One: HTC One S; Carrier-TMobile

[SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]

San Francisco Giants

Thanks OP. I downloaded it, but I'm gonna wait a few days before I put it on the phone. I got a feeling the official is pretty close...

For those that updated to FRF72, do you see your missing apps on the market yet?

The one you posted has you selecting bootloader, the one I used to upgrade to 2.2 bypasses that. Must just be the way you power the phone up. Each may have their own uses. Will do the one you posted above, since it is different and I am learning.

Ken

[SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]

San Francisco Giants

Page 2 of 10 FirstFirst 1234 ... LastLast

Remove Ads

http://www.scramblerducati.org/

Sponsored Links