new nexus build FRF72

This is a discussion on new nexus build FRF72 within the Nexus One forums, part of the Google Phones category; Originally Posted by nexus1inAZ Try naming the file update, not update.zip. Also make sure you download it to your sd card and not into a ...

Page 7 of 10 FirstFirst ... 56789 ... LastLast

Thread: new nexus build FRF72

Quote Originally Posted by nexus1inAZ View Post
    Try naming the file update, not update.zip. Also make sure you download it to your sd card and not into a file.
    Thanks. Already had the update.zip.zip thing....fixed that a few hours ago, and the error specifically stated it couldn't find the file.

My new error is as I posted before. As for downloading to my sd card, I downloaded on my PC, renamed the file update, then copied from my pc to the phone sd card (after mounting the SD card).

Wonder if I just need to wait for the OTA.

Quote Originally Posted by bigjsturm View Post
    Quote Originally Posted by nexus1inAZ View Post
    Try naming the file update, not update.zip. Also make sure you download it to your sd card and not into a file.
    Thanks. Already had the update.zip.zip thing....fixed that a few hours ago, and the error specifically stated it couldn't find the file.

My new error is as I posted before. As for downloading to my sd card, I downloaded on my PC, renamed the file update, then copied from my pc to the phone sd card (after mounting the SD card).

Wonder if I just need to wait for the OTA.
    Try to download it from your phone. Just press the link on the first page from your phone. Then once you download it, rename it and move it from the download folder to the root of the sdcard. That's what I did and it worked flawlessly for me.

BTW, you do have the TMobile Nexus One right?
    Also you need to have FRF50 already installed before you can install FRF75.
    Come here little sheep; I have a nice juicy apple for you!
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]

Nexus One: Locked and Rooted
    ROM: CM7

Will this work on AT&T phones too, or just Tmobile?

I'm on AT&T with a Nexus One running 2.1, getting really sick of waiting for the OTA.

Quote Originally Posted by pc_michael View Post

I'm on AT&T with a Nexus One running 2.1, getting really sick of waiting for the OTA.
    Sorry, only on TMobile Nexus Ones already running of Froyo(FRF50).
    Come here little sheep; I have a nice juicy apple for you!
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]

Nexus One: Locked and Rooted
    ROM: CM7

Quote Originally Posted by iPhoneSlayer View Post
    Quote Originally Posted by pc_michael View Post

Sorry, only on TMobile Nexus Ones already running of Froyo(FRF50).
    and orange uk

I downloaded this the other day but I haven't installed it on the phone just yet. One of the reasons is that I believe the OTA is pretty close since this leak was supposed to fix the bugs of the last leak, so why install this when this is a sign of a finished product? My real question though is if I do install this, will I still receive the OTA update whenever they release that?

Oh I forgot, I DID try a different file when I downloaded a second time.

http://www.teslacoilsw.com/nexusone/...619-signed.zip

I'm rooted and on AT&T, and it works. It even fixed my camcorder/reboot problem.

Quote Originally Posted by RalphieSpeaks View Post
    From androidcommunity.com: Updated Android 2.2 Froyo FRF72 for Nexus One leaks | Android Community

"A new version of Android 2.2 Froyo for the Google Nexus One has emerged, the FRF72 build, seemingly another beta version of the more widely available FRF50 build. Shared by a source at xda-developers, the new ROM requires FRF50 to be installed first, and so far there have been no significant changes noticed by those who have tried it out.

If you’re feeling brave and experimental, however, you can download it yourself from http://android.clients.google.com/pa....bc033f9e.zip; we’re not sure how long that link will last, though there are mirrors linked here. Instructions for installing the new beta are here. As ever, installing beta software can leave your phone less than stable, though there are multiple people who have tried FRF72 and supposedly experienced no issues as yet.
    [via Android Police]"

for those that haven't seen it
    Does anyone know where I can get a copy of FRF50? Did anyone happen to save it somewhere and not erase it? Can this be emailed?

Does anyone know where I can get a copy of FRF50? Did anyone happen to save it somewhere and not erase it? Can this be emailed?
    I've got a couple files. One was the first to hit that was the "FRF50-from-ERE27" version. I also have this one that didn't change the radio...which is the one I used, update-nexusone-FRF50-noradio-signed.zip

The first file is 45-ish mb and the second one is 74 mb. I don't have the ability to email so I'd have to find some hosting site to upload to if you're interested

EDIT:
    looks like from your info I think you'd want the first file named: signed-passion-FRF50-from-ERE27.1e519a24.zip

I definitely want to update, so yeah. I'm on TMO with ERE27. Does that make a difference in terms of the versions you're referring to? Which one should I go with?

Page 7 of 10 FirstFirst ... 56789 ... LastLast

Remove Ads

http://www.scramblerducati.org/

Sponsored Links