new nexus build FRF72

This is a discussion on new nexus build FRF72 within the Nexus One forums, part of the Google Phones category; I guess my original question was skipped over... If I download this, would I still be able to get the OTA?...

Page 9 of 10 FirstFirst ... 78910 LastLast

Thread: new nexus build FRF72

I guess my original question was skipped over...

If I download this, would I still be able to get the OTA?

Sweet....I'm not up on Froyo 2.2 FRF72. Thanks for the help all (and especially jjcgolf72).

Now the fun of testing it out. I can tell you that Facebook now works....thought it's not anything I really cared about.

Quote Originally Posted by ThatGuy88 View Post

Since no one here works for Google, that can't be answered. Anything anyone thinks they know is just conjecture.

I just went ahead and installed it, definitely a change in the browser speed and pages with Flash work almost flawlessly. One definite change I see is in the quality of the speaker, I got a call a few minutes after installing and the ringtone came out distorted. I tried out some songs on my music app and noticed a HUGE difference in sound quality, very full bass and everything sounds crisp even on low volume. This was a pretty good update, from what I can tell they fixed and improved on most of the phone's weaknesses.

Quote Originally Posted by keyplyr View Post
    Quote Originally Posted by ThatGuy88 View Post

Since no one here works for Google, that can't be answered. Anything anyone thinks they know is just conjecture.

I've read somewhere (sorry, lost the source) that you will still get OTA updates, but that was for FRF50, I'm not sure if this is still true for FRF72

As for updating I'll just jump on board now and update.

Yeah, I couldn't wait any longer. It was pretty easy to do, and I don't seem to have lost anything, except for access to the Verizon FIOS apps in the market. Where did they go?

The HTC keyboard is definitely faster. I like it, but was getting frustrated because it was clearly slowerin 2. 1. Browser seems way faster even with flash installed.

I updated this morning to FRF72.

I haven't noticed anything different to FRF50 in particular. I STILL can't play some facebook flash games (Restaurant city) on the stock browser.

Apparently, FRF72 is not the final build (well, we're not too surprised about that right?):

"Hey guys,

Just dropping in to let you know that the FRF72 build that is floating around is not the official update. The Android team is feverishly working to get a final version out the door, but like passion-ate has mentioned this will only happen once a release candidate meets our quality criteria.

Since today is the Summer Solstice, we know things will be heating up a bit so hopefully Froyo will be on its way shortly. Thanks for your continued patience!

-Ry Guy"
    when will be available the Nexus One update to Android 2.2 Froyo? Will be the OTA? Thanks - Android Help

I just went and checked Cyanogen's changelog for its most recent version... its very tempting!!

Froyo FRF72 update

One thing I have noticed for sure is the much better EDGE data reliability. Before Froyo FRF50 I could stream Pandora without any hits on the way to work. After Froyo The streaming data would always drop out at the same place on the way to work and back consistently. After FRF72 no problems at all. The problem before was reproduceable every time and now after FRF72, perfect. FRF72 did break the keyboard sounds on my custom Gimpsta keyboard. The company I works for owns the cell sites I use and I designed the backhaul network for them so I think it was a pretty fair test result.

trn
    I feel like my 3G signal is more temperamental than before. Now when I drive around my 3G flashes in and out while my iphone 3Gs holds the signal.

I just did the FRF72 update yesterday and noticed that bluetooth voice dialing now works with my Parrot CK3100. With FRF50 it would only connect as bluetooth audio and would not allow control of the phone with the CK3100.
    As of now I can confirm that bluetooth dialing works with the CK3100, Scala Rider G4, and Alpine iDA-X305 with KCE-400BT module. FRF50 did work with the other devices in my list.

Page 9 of 10 FirstFirst ... 78910 LastLast

Remove Ads

http://www.scramblerducati.org/

Sponsored Links