Nexus vs Iphone4

This is a discussion on Nexus vs Iphone4 within the Nexus One forums, part of the Google Phones category; Originally Posted by Sheanzy I've owned and iPhone 3GS and still prefer the Nexus One. Apple will still constrain the consumer as Android based phones ...

Page 2 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast

Thread: Nexus vs Iphone4

Quote Originally Posted by Sheanzy View Post
    I've owned and iPhone 3GS and still prefer the Nexus One. Apple will still constrain the consumer as Android based phones give more freedom.

The Nexus One is capable of shooting 720p video and just lacks the front facing camera which would be no benefit to myself. Yes, it's a cool feature for the iPhone 4, but it's a feature that isn't an "OMG I WANT" factor.

However, I do like the iMovie app for the new iPhone OS 4.0... Nothing attracts more than in-phone video editing with transitions, able to add music and photos to your video, and set a theme. <--- That app or addition simply attracts me, but IMO Nexus One is still a better choice.

Freedom > Apple Constraints...
    can u shoot 720p without root?(without voiding warranty)

The Iphone (any gen really) is generally claimed to be SO good from Apple's marketing.

I mean, honestly, if Iphones weren't branded and marketed by apple, do you think they get all the credit and praise it does now? Don't get me wrong they are good phones, but they really don't deserve THAT much support. Look at the Ipad, everyone called it a failure, and yet heaps of people buy it... why? Marketing & Ads

If I were to compare them, they are both in the same league now. The nexus steps up the UI and software aspects for Android and the Iphone 4 stepped up in the hardware/spec aspect.

Sure the Iphone has the app store with HEAPS of apps, but to be honest, who actually downloads them all and says: "I have 100000 apps on my phone! see?!", I can find what I want on the Android market, and I can say the market is more than enough

Hmm... Both phones are good but imho Nexus One is better. Even now without the real Froyo, Nexus One p4wn3d iphone 4 already.

Nice build + nice UI + a very good marketing + innovation (doubt it very much)= iphone 4 win.

Nexus One? Got everything. So what else we want?
    "You don't know the power of the dark side!"

the iphone still has better apps overall though. plus it just works... simple but it works (most of the time).

Quote Originally Posted by antikryst View Post
    Apples marketing is so good that the iphone remains the top phone in the eyes of consumers
    Exactly!

Hard for any sheep to have an opinion when the entire media spectrum bashes the iPhone into their brains

I loved my iphone. Until iphone I had been using Windows Mobile, which until the iphone came along I thought was the bee's knees. The iphone made the WinMo look dated and awful. Its not surprising iphone has done well given its competition at the time. For me it was fast, easy to use and fixed loads of the things I didn't like about WinMo. You could just tell a lot of thought had been put into it. For example the picture library loaded pictures almost instantly and if you wanted to set the clock you got the lovely scroll wheels instead of the crappy little up and down arrows.... It was the little things like that which attracted me.

My contract has just expired so I had the choice of going iphone 4 or Nexus One. I've decided on the Nexus One. As an OS Android is far more exciting and IMO makes iphone look dated and old (even with the new updates). I really love its integration with Google services too.

I will say though that I think Apple have the better hardware and app store. But give it another year or two... and I think Google will have carpet bombed iphone into the stone age.

yea, iphones new software is simply playing catch up:nexusx::nexusx::nexusx::nexusx:

Quote Originally Posted by joelft View Post
    yea, iphones new software is simply playing catch up:nexusx::nexusx::nexusx::nexusx:
    It's amazing to me that Apple was on top of the entire smartphone world for 3 years since the original iPhone. To have every single manufacturer against you and still be on to for that long is quite an accomplishment.

Glad that Apple having the best phone is over since that gives less and less people a chance to drink the Apple cool-aid and convert to Applism to learn their smugness yuppie ways

The iPhone is already worse than both the Nexus One, Incredible, and EVO 4g. I cant imagine how far behind they will sink in the next year since they only come out with 1 version per year.

coming from an iphone (but i hated it), i still miss the responsive touchscreen. i think one of the biggest flaws in this phone are the soft buttons and the way the touchscreen responds (especially typing). it's kind of irritating since its a "touchscreen" phone haha

Quote Originally Posted by raccord View Post
    coming from an iphone (but i hated it), i still miss the responsive touchscreen. i think one of the biggest flaws in this phone are the soft buttons and the way the touchscreen responds (especially typing). it's kind of irritating since its a "touchscreen" phone haha
    Agreed, I almost took my phone back to the shop the day after I bought it I was that unimpressed with the soft buttons. But I read somewhere that they respond better if you touch between the top of the pictures and just below the screen (hope that makes sense). Doing this makes them respond properly... most of the time.

I'm not impressed though, this is a very bad design fault and Google really should have picked this up in testing and sorted it. Everyone that see's my phone wants to play with it. Its not good when the soft buttons dont respond the way they expect, which is not a good advert for the N1... and by extension Android.

Page 2 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast

Remove Ads

http://www.scramblerducati.org/

Sponsored Links