do we delete the previous update folder when installing new froyo update?

This is a discussion on do we delete the previous update folder when installing new froyo update? within the Nexus One forums, part of the Google Phones category; I have previously updated to 2.2 I have downloaded the file for the patch . After naming it update and copying it to the sd ...

Thread: do we delete the previous update folder when installing new froyo update?

Exclamation do we delete the previous update folder when installing new froyo update?

I have previously updated to 2.2 I have downloaded the file for the patch . After naming it update and copying it to the sd card I noticed that I now have two files named update only the last one has a 2 in parenthesis after it. Do I delete the first one and rename the other to just update? Or do I just go ahead and complete the update hoping the system will pick the right one? I am concerned about deleting the first update as I have not read about it anywhere. And and all help is GREATLY APPRECIATED.

2. Android.net is the premier Android Forum. Registered users do not see these ads. .

Just rename it so you don't get confused on which one you're looking for. :nexusx:

After you update, you no longer need the update file. You can rename it or delete it.

Thanks so much for the info and input. I renamed both one as oldupdate and the other to update. Everything seemed to go fine. Just a couple of things I noticed which are: speedtest.net does not work now and had to reinstall Swype. the browser does seem faster and the 3g signal seems just a bit stronger. Also handcent was a bit quirky but seemed to straighten out.

Remove Ads

http://www.scramblerducati.org/

Sponsored Links