Assigning Ringtones to Email, Messages.. (Assigning Tones To Ringtones I am fine with

This is a discussion on Assigning Ringtones to Email, Messages.. (Assigning Tones To Ringtones I am fine with within the Nexus One forums, part of the Google Phones category; Other than the ringtones supplied. i.e. can you assign a ringtone like ones you put in your music or ringtone file to your notifications or ...

Thread: Assigning Ringtones to Email, Messages.. (Assigning Tones To Ringtones I am fine with

Assigning Ringtones to Email, Messages.. (Assigning Tones To Ringtones I am fine with

Other than the ringtones supplied.

i.e. can you assign a ringtone like ones you put in your music or ringtone file to your notifications or emails?? I can find a way to do it with ringtone assignments, but not for emails or notifications?

(p.s. I cannot get voice dial app to work for the life of me. It pulls up some crazy stuff. does anyone else have that prob. I should not worry about it because the google search button works much better for that....just curious)

2. Android.net is the premier Android Forum. Registered users do not see these ads. .

Cool

Why don't you download Mabilio or Zedge ringtones from the Android market and use them for your email and sms ringtones. I do. Works great.

Quote Originally Posted by NexusNuckie View Post
    Why don't you download Mabilio or Zedge ringtones from the Android market and use them for your email and sms ringtones. I do. Works great.
    Thanks, I will do that. so what you are saying is it does it in such a way, different than I , not putting them in the ringtone folder

For instance, I want the droid email ringtone from the droid

I downloaded the tone when I had my Blackberry, put it in my ringtone folder worked great

where would I put it here?

Doesn't work like that? Need a special program like this, and have to choose from their selection, and it places it where it goes?
    thanks so much...

Cool

don't worry, just download both cause both will have different abilities to find the song or ringtome you want. Mabilio seems to find more. Zedge seems to only seek NON COPYWRITED songs. But either is good for previewing the song and then you have to the option to download. After download you can play your downloaded tune and be able to set it as your notification tone. You can even assign the tone to a select contact in your phonebook. Hope this helps

PS. Make sure you go into your email app and choose your email you want to use, then click on the 4 line menu button to pull up the account settings menu where you can assign a selected ringtone to that particular email

It says to "allow the install of non-market applications" and I know how to do that. But will that void warranty? ...because it does give a warranty saying that we will be doing it at our own risk?

Also, I notice on Zedge, it does download the Wallpapers onto the phone, and the tones stay in the download section of the program. And both the wallpapers and ringtones stay in the download section of the program of Mabilio -- But if / when I were to uninstall those programs those files would not be on my phone, would they?

And if not, is there an alternate setting I could choose to have them save directly to the phone??

Thanks so much
    Eric

Create these folders on your SD Card:
    Media>Audio>Notifications
    Media>Audio>Ringtones
    Put your sound files in these folders and then the files will show when selecting a ringtone

thanks Della...Thanks NexusNuckie

....how can I telll what those other weird named files are...or are they system files I should not touch. ....simply not as simple as a blackberry, more like a computer right?

Sponsored Links