Given up.. On to your opinions now!

This is a discussion on Given up.. On to your opinions now! within the Nexus One forums, part of the Google Phones category; Okay guys, here is the deal. I have been wanting to put music on my phone for a while now, I went out and got ...

Thread: Given up.. On to your opinions now!

Given up.. On to your opinions now!

Okay guys, here is the deal. I have been wanting to put music on my phone for a while now, I went out and got an 8GB micro card Class 4. I only got like 3-4GB of music that I want on my phone. Here is the situation, once I put all the music on my External card, the phone slows down or is unresponsive. I have tried everything, I looked through files to see if any were corrupted, I have formated the SD card. It shows that I am using 5.42 GB of the 8GB I have. This is getting extremely frustrating. When I take the music off of the card, the SD card works like a charm, but once the music goes onto the card, it just slows down everything, and freezes most of the time.

Any ideas on what to do, My next step is possibly going to an 16GB drive. I am thinking that even though there is plenty of space left on the 8Gb, I am thinking because there is more information on the card, its causing it to run slow. (if you do not think this will fix the problem let me know).

I also, know there are music hosting applications to stream your music to your phone, but I need it on my phone since I take the metro (subway) to work everyday(no 3G underground).

Any suggestions on what I should do?

David
    Have not I commanded thee? Be strong and of good courage;be not afraid, neither be thou dismayed: for the Lord thy God is with thee whithersoever thou goest. Joshua 1:9

2. Android.net is the premier Android Forum. Registered users do not see these ads. .

Re: Given up.. On to your opinions now!

Try defragmenting your sdcard with all the music still on it. Just an idea.

Has it finished indexing all the music? That could take quite a while.

I agree with FlyingsCool. You probably aren't allowing enough time for indexing. Also, if you are using album art, that adds to the time.

Quote Originally Posted by FlyingsCool View Post
    Has it finished indexing all the music? That could take quite a while.
    Holy Hell, Why didnt I think of this. This explains the reason why it keeps posting like a grey "loading" bar on the bottom of the screen (at the home screen). I think I am going to try that, give the it some time alone and let it Index all night long with some pretty music. I really think this is the answer, (or at least hope so).

P.S. I did defrag.
    Have not I commanded thee? Be strong and of good courage;be not afraid, neither be thou dismayed: for the Lord thy God is with thee whithersoever thou goest. Joshua 1:9

It shouldn't be a remaining space problem - I have ~100MB left on my SD card, and my phone has not slowed down...

Having that amount of music on the card shouldn't be a problem. I had around 6GB on my card for the first month I had the phone. After not accessing a single song for that whole month I decided to delete it all, but while it was there it didn't seem to have any performance impact. I didn't notice if I had a long indexing period at the beginning though.
    o- Nexus One running CyanogenMod 6.0
    o- Samsung Galaxy Tab running stock Froyo (update: running Gingerbread and virtually useless)

Remove Ads

http://www.scramblerducati.org/

Sponsored Links