Adobe Flash 10.1 to phone makers 6/21/10

This is a discussion on Adobe Flash 10.1 to phone makers 6/21/10 within the Nexus One forums, part of the Google Phones category; Read the rest here, it says Froyo 2.2 is required to use it. From MaximumPC: "Android users will no longer have to put up with ...

Thread: Adobe Flash 10.1 to phone makers 6/21/10

Adobe Flash 10.1 to phone makers 6/21/10

Read the rest here, it says Froyo 2.2 is required to use it.

From MaximumPC:
    "Android users will no longer have to put up with websites pocked with vexatiously barren patches. The full version of Flash 10.1 for Android will be be in the hands of handset makers on Tuesday. It has been redesigned from the ground up to provide an identical experience across various devices, including PCs , smartphones and tablets. A device with at least Android 2.2 (Froyo) is needed to run the rich media player in its new, mobile-friendly avatar.

"We may not see a huge number of these devices available on Tuesday, but the pipeline for Christmas, CES, Mobile World Congress next year is really exciting," Anup Muraka, director of technology strategy at Adobe, told IDG News Service. Though the mobile version promises a rich media experience on par with PCs, it boasts some new mobile-specific features, including support for multi-touch and accelerometers.

The latest version of the Flash player will soon debut on BlackBerry, Palm webOS, Windows Phone 7, LiMo, MeeGo, and Symbian phones ."

2. Android.net is the premier Android Forum. Registered users do not see these ads. .

all we need now is froyo! hahahha.

Well, I'm thinking that they may have been holding back release of Froyo 2.2 so that they could integrate the Flash player into it. Who knows?

seems logical to me. Seems to me, though, that if they only just released flash to developers yesterday, that we're still looking at a couple of weeks to Froyo (hence, i updated my stock phone to FRF72 last night. I couldn't wait. I had the shakes, I couldn't sleep, it was hell).

Quote Originally Posted by Evil Claw View Post
    Well, I'm thinking that they may have been holding back release of Froyo 2.2 so that they could integrate the Flash player into it. Who knows?
    Flash is actually a part of the Android Market in 2.2 so there is no need to hold off the release since they can push updates with it through the Market at anytime.

Quote Originally Posted by bozzy View Post
    Quote Originally Posted by Evil Claw View Post
    Flash is actually a part of the Android Market in 2.2 so there is no need to hold off the release since they can push updates with it through the Market at anytime.
    Yeah, I suppose there is no need to hold back on the update as long as you don't mind releasing code that's not tested, I mean, who cares that this whole Flash thing is a major differentiator over their top competitor? If there's bugs in it, meh?

Did you notice that the code in the marketplace was called "beta"?

Remove Ads

http://www.scramblerducati.org/

Sponsored Links