Did Froyo fix screen issues?

This is a discussion on Did Froyo fix screen issues? within the Nexus One forums, part of the Google Phones category; I've lost my source for this information (I'll try to hunt it down later), but the maker of the touch screen for the Nexus One ...

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: Did Froyo fix screen issues?

I've lost my source for this information (I'll try to hunt it down later), but the maker of the touch screen for the Nexus One makes three different versions: A single touch; a dual touch; and a multi-touch. The Nexus One uses the dual touch, so it is not a true multi-touch screen.

Quote Originally Posted by Beer Goggles View Post
    I've lost my source for this information (I'll try to hunt it down later), but the maker of the touch screen for the Nexus One makes three different versions: A single touch; a dual touch; and a multi-touch. The Nexus One uses the dual touch, so it is not a true multi-touch screen.
    ClearPad 2000 (google it).

Yea, I'm running 2.2 FRF91 and I tested the Multi-touch and it's not 'fixed' or any different from the video shown, unfortunately.

Needless to say, I don't need multi-touch to be impressed with the Nexus One. Multi-touch or not, IMHO it ousts the iPhone =), but then again, that's just me!

Quote Originally Posted by alphawave7 View Post
    ClearPad 2000 (google it).
    Thanks... that's the one.

But, anyway, the point was that it's NOT a multi-touch screen, just dual touch. That's an important difference that will impact people that think that the Nexus One will have full support for "true" multi-touch gestures. It will not.

Quote Originally Posted by keyplyr View Post
    Quote Originally Posted by InS0mNiAc View Post
    Quote Originally Posted by keyplyr View Post
    I've never experienced any "crazy screen problem" on my N1. It's always worked perfectly.
    No it hasn't worked perfectly.....but like you said you haven't noticed the problem.
    No... I didn't say "noticed."

There has never been problem with my touch screen. As other have testified, it seems to be just a few handsets that have the so-called problem, possibly the earlier builds.

It does indeed cross the axis. Download that multi touch test app on market and it'll happen to you too. I've gone through 2 nexus ones, both of them were made very recent (att version) and they both had this "problem". You didnt notice it because it usually doesn't effect anything, especially with pinch and zoom because even though the fingers cross, it still works fine. So unless you have a specific app that tests your multi touch, it shouldn't effect it.

But, anyway, the point was that it's NOT a multi-touch screen, just dual touch. That's an important difference that will impact people that think that the Nexus One will have full support for "true" multi-touch gestures. It will not.
    Exactly - the trouble is that many (most) users keep calling it "multi-touch" which is a trademark of Apple. Frankly, I've never seen an official Google or HTC document that referrers to it as "multi-touch." All I've ever seen is "Pinch to Zoom." And in that context, the screen works perfectly.

Quote Originally Posted by d1mitrov View Post
    Hey i have a question to all the people using froyo right now. Remember the nexus having that crazy screen problem Can someone do me a favor and either download the test app in this video or this game and try to play a 2player game and tell me if it works properly Air Hockey: EM Ellis Markov

thx
    Downloaded the air hockey game on my Nexus, which is around a month old... and the problem is definitely there.
    Asus Transformer & Dock - Stock OS
    NookColor - Not Rooted - Running CM7 on mSD
    AT&T Nexus One - Not Rooted
    SquareTrade Warranty - Purchased
    Case-Mate Tough Case + Screen Protector
    Wave Secure + Lookout

I wonder if the switch to Slcd will fix the multi-touch issue (or to be more "correct" change the screen from dual touch to multitouch)

[quote=InS0mNiAc;59316][quote=keyplyr;59287]
    Quote Originally Posted by d1mitrov View Post

but I can easily duplicate the axis flipping issue with multi touch by just going into the gallery and using the new "expanding-pinch" to preview feature. As soon as my fingers cross on the screen the thumbnails swap sides compared to where my fingers are.

yep, same thing on my N1. lame.

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Remove Ads

http://www.scramblerducati.org/

Sponsored Links