Did Froyo fix screen issues?

This is a discussion on Did Froyo fix screen issues? within the Nexus One forums, part of the Google Phones category; Hey i have a question to all the people using froyo right now. Remember the nexus having that crazy screen problem [ame=http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=qzhUzq6bTPg&feature=related]YouTube - Motorola Droid ...

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Did Froyo fix screen issues?

Did Froyo fix screen issues?

Hey i have a question to all the people using froyo right now. Remember the nexus having that crazy screen problem [ame=http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=qzhUzq6bTPg&feature=related]YouTube - Motorola Droid vs Nexus One: Multitouch Test[/ame]
    Can someone do me a favor and either download the test app in this video or this game and try to play a 2player game and tell me if it works properly Air Hockey: EM Ellis Markov

thx
    :nexusx: Nexus One Beta Tester

2. Android.net is the premier Android Forum. Registered users do not see these ads. .

Short answer, no it's not fixed.

There is a long thread on xda explaining why this happens. My take on it was, HTC basically can't fix it without infringing Apple patents. But since I don't know what I'm talking about, I'm not sure I would believe me.

well i played that game on my friends evo and it worked perfectly fine
    thats the only thing that i wish my nexus would have....

Quote Originally Posted by d1mitrov View Post
    Remember the nexus having that crazy screen problem
    I've never experienced any "crazy screen problem" on my N1. It's always worked perfectly.

Quote Originally Posted by keyplyr View Post
    I've never experienced any "crazy screen problem" on my N1. It's always worked perfectly.
    No it hasn't worked perfectly.....but like you said you haven't noticed the problem.

The issue is still 100% present in the latest Froyo and I'm starting to believe it will always be present until we get a new piece of hardware (Nexus 2)

This isn't a software related issue, it has to do with the specific multi touch sensors chosen by HTC to be used in the Nexus. Once you get past that truth this whole thing is easier to handle. They may have improved the situation slightly, but I can easily duplicate the axis flipping issue with multi touch by just going into the gallery and using the new "expanding-pinch" to preview feature. As soon as my fingers cross on the screen the thumbnails swap sides compared to where my fingers are.

Quote Originally Posted by InS0mNiAc View Post
    No it hasn't worked perfectly.....but like you said you haven't noticed the problem.

The issue is still 100% present in the latest Froyo and I'm starting to believe it will always be present until we get a new piece of hardware (Nexus 2)

This isn't a software related issue, it has to do with the specific multi touch sensors chosen by HTC to be used in the Nexus. Once you get past that truth this whole thing is easier to handle. They may have improved the situation slightly, but I can easily duplicate the axis flipping issue with multi touch by just going into the gallery and using the new "expanding-pinch" to preview feature. As soon as my fingers cross on the screen the thumbnails swap sides compared to where my fingers are.
    thats weird a friend of mine who has froyo tried the hockey game and said it worked fine now. i guess ill just go ahead and get froyo and try it out for myself!

I am thinking the same thing. It will not fix until new hardware for replacement.

I have a very irritating touch screen problem with the N1 that may or may not be the same thing as described in the video. Often it will happen that when I touch the screen in one place it registers the touch in a different place on the screen. For example, sometimes when I tap an email in the list of emails in my Inbox to open it, the Delete button an inch lower on the screen highlights and the email is deleted. Very irritating. But it is not limited to the email program. It even happens on the Home screen. The only solution is to turn the phone off and then back on (not a full power-down/power-up). This doesn't appear to be a multi-touch issue because I do not deliberately do multi-touch, but it might happen after accidentally touching the screen with my the hand holding the phone while tapping somewhere else. 2.2 did not fix the problem.

I have had 2 Nexus Ones. Both ran 2.1:

The first one had the screen problem. I ended up selling it as it drove me crazy.
    It also over heated and the battery life was brutal (not even half a day).

I bought another Nexus for cheap but ended up keeping it. This one had NO screen issues at all. Not even one screen freak out during the month or so I have owned it for. Battery life is over 12 hours with solid use, and it never gets hot.

This leads me to believe that the issue is hardware, and the first one I got was a lemon

Quote Originally Posted by InS0mNiAc View Post
    No... I didn't say "noticed."

There has never been problem with my touch screen. As other have testified, it seems to be just a few handsets that have the so-called problem, possibly the earlier builds.

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Remove Ads

http://www.scramblerducati.org/

Sponsored Links