Automatic Brightness?

This is a discussion on Automatic Brightness? within the Nexus One forums, part of the Google Phones category; When i set my nexus to automatic brightness my screen continually brightens and dims over and over again without the light in the room changing. ...

Thread: Automatic Brightness?

Automatic Brightness?

When i set my nexus to automatic brightness my screen continually brightens and dims over and over again without the light in the room changing. Why does it do this? Anyone else have this same problem?

2. Android.net is the premier Android Forum. Registered users do not see these ads. .

cxm
    i've only experience the same thing when moving the phone so it faces towards / away from a light source, e.g. angled towards / away from the window, or when in landscape mode when my own fat fingers keep blocking the sensor

I now keep mine full brightness. The auto setting drove me nuts.

I only notice it when mine is in the car dock as i am driving other than that i never really notice it without a change in light.

It was killing battery life, so I stopped using it. :nexusx:

Quote Originally Posted by mightytalldude View Post
    It was killing battery life, so I stopped using it.
    :rofl3:

The auto brightness saves battery

Quote Originally Posted by lilcapo2003 View Post
    When i set my nexus to automatic brightness my screen continually brightens and dims over and over again without the light in the room changing. Why does it do this? Anyone else have this same problem?
    My problem is finger placement. The sensor is on the top of the screen (where your ear would be), and my thumb sometimes creeps over it. I'm usually like, "wtf", then I notice my thumb

I also turn off automatic brightness. it's quite useless when using the car dock during the day.

I turned mine off also, drove me nuts, constantly dimming... I use about 50% now, and it works fine.

I kept mine on for about a week, and then it drove me crazy because it would always dim on me while I was doing something, so now I keep it about half or 3/4 brightness.

Remove Ads

http://www.scramblerducati.org/

Sponsored Links