iPhone 4 and Nexus One Side-By-Side Pictures?

This is a discussion on iPhone 4 and Nexus One Side-By-Side Pictures? within the Nexus One forums, part of the Google Phones category; has anyone come across this already? the iphone 4 was already released but i have yet to see side-by-side pictures. just curious on how they ...

Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Thread: iPhone 4 and Nexus One Side-By-Side Pictures?

iPhone 4 and Nexus One Side-By-Side Pictures?

has anyone come across this already? the iphone 4 was already released but i have yet to see side-by-side pictures.

just curious on how they differ in size... plus also curious if the "retina" display really makes a difference in side by side macro shots. seen a close up pic of the iphone 4 and the evo 4g and it didnt make much of a difference. im sure the smaller screen of the nexus + amoled screen will fair better.

2. Android.net is the premier Android Forum. Registered users do not see these ads. .

Yes I too would like to see photos. I still have iPhone lust, especially in white. Someone talk me out of it!
    Was the only Australian N1 I have seen but my mate now owns one.
    32gb Sandisk.
    CM all the way baby.

The iPhone 4 has not been released to the public yet - it is only available for pre-order...

And the nexus one screen is bigger than the iphone's, however, the iphone's screen does have a higher resolution...

As much as I hate to admit this...

I am a little bit impressed by the latest iPhone. Admittedly I have always thought that Apple makes good hardware and has impressive design, it is the other part of their business that drives me away (talk about control freaks, though it does prevent fragmentation). Because of the iOS 4 and my inability to forgive their controlling ways I will not buy the iPhone 4.

However, I would love to see some screens of that resolution with Android flickering behind them (not literally, that would be bad).

Also, the battery life impresses me, I think 1Ghz is probably enough for me for now, but I would love a more battery friendly processor and screen technology.

So: Android Phone manufacturers (cough HTC, Motorola cough) please step to the fight and answer with some high res, long battery Androids (compatible with T-mobile 3g) and you know what? Would it kill you to throw qwerty in?

EDIT: Got a little carried away, but yeah, I am worried when I see them side by side I will fall even more in love with the iPhone's screen though Apple's OS will keep me from purchasing

Quote Originally Posted by NPuter View Post
    The iPhone 4 has not been released to the public yet - it is only available for pre-order...

And the nexus one screen is bigger than the iphone's, however, the iphone's screen does have a higher resolution...
    some people have them already.

Quote Originally Posted by Luchyres View Post
    I am a little bit impressed by the latest iPhone. Admittedly I have always thought that Apple makes good hardware and has impressive design, it is the other part of their business that drives me away (talk about control freaks, though it does prevent fragmentation). Because of the iOS 4 and my inability to forgive their controlling ways I will not buy the iPhone 4....

i have to say that apple only make good looking stuff and thats it, cos all the internal parts of the Macbook is crap, u can buy it for $500. the motherboard is an intel crap one, the ram is generic or samsung, the CD drive is from china.... Mat****a, the HD was generic...

i had a macbook pro with all that stuff, it cost me like $2000 for a notebook that cost less than $1000
    i paid like $1000 for the case and the OS.. thats why i dont like Apple, the iphone is nice, but still dont worth it..... with $2000 i could buy an alienware or something like that and install OSx on it like i did on my Asus Netbook and u will have a way better notebook than that mac.

and now... no flash player??? more crap

Quote Originally Posted by Luchyres View Post
    I am a little bit impressed by the latest iPhone. Admittedly I have always thought that Apple makes good hardware and has impressive design, it is the other part of their business that drives me away (talk about control freaks, though it does prevent fragmentation). Because of the iOS 4 and my inability to forgive their controlling ways I will not buy the iPhone 4.

However, I would love to see some screens of that resolution with Android flickering behind them (not literally, that would be bad).

Also, the battery life impresses me, I think 1Ghz is probably enough for me for now, but I would love a more battery friendly processor and screen technology.

So: Android Phone manufacturers (cough HTC, Motorola cough) please step to the fight and answer with some high res, long battery Androids (compatible with T-mobile 3g) and you know what? Would it kill you to throw qwerty in?

EDIT: Got a little carried away, but yeah, I am worried when I see them side by side I will fall even more in love with the iPhone's screen though Apple's OS will keep me from purchasing
    Well first of all you have to step back a little from the hype and do your research. Samsung claims the AMOLED is a much better screen than the retina display. The retina has a high PPI, but it is higher than the human can distinguish, the AMOLED is in the same part of the spectrum where it is more or less not distinguishable between them, however the AMOLED as everyone knoows has very vivid colors, which makes the AMOLED screens appear more appealing to the eye. This is why Apple put the Retina against the 3GS screen and not a competitor, the diff would not have really been seen and to many the AMOLED would have looked better.
    The iPhone has a high res, but a smaller screen. Samsung Galaxy S should be coming to T-mo and uses Super Amoled 4" screen with high res and thinner screen.
    Nexus One and luvin it
    Rooted 5/6/2010
    Enomther 2.10.1 Froyo Release

Quote Originally Posted by NPuter View Post

Tell us something we don't know.
    Was the only Australian N1 I have seen but my mate now owns one.
    32gb Sandisk.
    CM all the way baby.

AMOLED is to phones what Plasma is to TV's. Self-emitting pixels, as opposed to backlit. Much better and more vivid in my opinion.

I'm sure Apple vamped up the resolution on the iPhone partially so iFans could brag.

That said, I DO like the glass on both sides thing.

<digression>
    Mark my words though: That company is run by an ego maniacal megalomaniac. Someday, they're going to slip, and it will be bad. Stocks will drop, people will be angry... I think it will come when an iDevice gets hacked, and hacked bad. The more people there are on them, the more they look interesting to hackers... iFans have a heightened sense of false-security.. Apple Store "Geniuses" have been known to tell people they never need to worry about viruses or attacks. Safety in obscurity is about to end.
    </digression>

The Engadget review for the iPhone4 has a macro shot of both the N1 and iPhone4 screens - and judging from the closeup - there is a noticeable difference. With that said - I don't think I would be able to even read the text at that size - so I don't really see the point to the higher PPI aside from bragging rights or maybe movies - since the N1 fonts look amazing when its at normal size. Plus when you factor in the 3.5" screen size... I would much rather have an overview shot to see the full impact.

http://www.blogcdn.com/www.engadget....0/06/n1ip4.jpg

Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Remove Ads

http://www.scramblerducati.org/

Sponsored Links