Andriod 2.2 Froyo Available Today

This is a discussion on Andriod 2.2 Froyo Available Today within the Nexus One forums, part of the Google Phones category; Originally Posted by SliceBurgSlim 2.2 source = Cyanogen 6 is Coming! Edit: Just saw that Cyanogen Tweeted this after 2.2 Source dropped "It figures they ...

Page 2 of 10 FirstFirst 1234 ... LastLast

Thread: Andriod 2.2 Froyo Available Today

Quote Originally Posted by SliceBurgSlim View Post
    2.2 source = Cyanogen 6 is Coming!

Edit: Just saw that Cyanogen Tweeted this after 2.2 Source dropped

"It figures they would drop it right before I leave for the rest of the week."

Looks like we might be waiting for CM6 a lil longer than expected
    Maybe I spoke too Soon...

Uploaded with ImageShack.us
    [PHONE] Nexus 4

[ROM] CM11 Nightlies

----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

[TABLET] Nexus 7

[ROM] CM11 Nightlies

Also the OP is Misleading because the 2.2 Froyo SOURCE was released today. Not an official 2.2 OTA Rom
    [PHONE] Nexus 4

[ROM] CM11 Nightlies

----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

[TABLET] Nexus 7

[ROM] CM11 Nightlies

Also the OP is Misleading because the 2.2 Froyo SOURCE was released today. Not an official 2.2 OTA Rom

I think I said that. Give a newbie some credit.

Ken
    Phones Owned: Nokia 6200; Nokia 6126 2ea; BB 8700g; BB 8900; MyTouch 4G; Nexus One: HTC One S; Carrier-TMobile

[SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]

San Francisco Giants

Quote Originally Posted by rugmankc View Post

I think I said that. Give a newbie some credit.

Ken
    Ha! My bad Yo didnt see that. Good Call!
    [PHONE] Nexus 4

[ROM] CM11 Nightlies

[TABLET] Nexus 7

[ROM] CM11 Nightlies

Ok, since this is my first smartphone, I'm gonna ask a newbie question/comment.
    I thought Andriod was already an open source platform...so why is this froyo being open source big news? And what does it being open source mean for us? And do you have to be rooted to enjoy it?
    Sorry that was a few newbie questions.
    Come here little sheep; I have a nice juicy apple for you!
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]

Nexus One: Locked and Rooted
    ROM: CM7

Thanks,

My find made me, as a beginner, feel good.

Probably some old timers would remember how long after 2.1 ASOP release did the official 2.1 come out. If it even happened that way.

Ken
    Phones Owned: Nokia 6200; Nokia 6126 2ea; BB 8700g; BB 8900; MyTouch 4G; Nexus One: HTC One S; Carrier-TMobile

[SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]

San Francisco Giants

Taken from Gadget Venue - Tech News and Reviews

Many people are now wondering when it will hit their device. For those with devices such as the HTC EVO 4G, it could be a few months away while HTC make the necessary modifications. For the Nexus One from Google [GOOG] it should be a lot quicker. Update: Any moment now.
    Details are a little scarce at the moment but we expect to start seeing a lot more information about it shortly.
    Update: It appears that Google will be uploading the Android 2.2 build at 2pm EST today so that you can download and install on your Nexus One. That's just a few minutes away, so get checking. We'll let you know where you can grab it from shortly.

Quote Originally Posted by zippy View Post

Many people are now wondering when it will hit their device. For those with devices such as the HTC EVO 4G, it could be a few months away while HTC make the necessary modifications. For the Nexus One from Google [GOOG] it should be a lot quicker. Update: Any moment now.
    Details are a little scarce at the moment but we expect to start seeing a lot more information about it shortly.
    Update: It appears that Google will be uploading the Android 2.2 build at 2pm EST today so that you can download and install on your Nexus One. That's just a few minutes away, so get checking. We'll let you know where you can grab it from shortly.
    Edit: Cannot find any other place that confirms this.
    Come here little sheep; I have a nice juicy apple for you!
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]

Nexus One: Locked and Rooted
    ROM: CM7

Quote Originally Posted by zippy View Post

That's an inaccurate article and it was around 4pm EST at the time of your post. Wish it were true tho.

Ken

[SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]

San Francisco Giants

I may have posted it at that 4 est but I only searched for it and copied it. It doesn't have a time of original post on the page so it may have been sat there for more than 2 hours? Just saying and hoping and hoping and hoping

Page 2 of 10 FirstFirst 1234 ... LastLast

Remove Ads

http://www.scramblerducati.org/

Sponsored Links