Andriod 2.2 Froyo Available Today

This is a discussion on Andriod 2.2 Froyo Available Today within the Nexus One forums, part of the Google Phones category; Understood, that's all we can do. I want 2.2 out and froyo cyan 6. Ken...

Page 3 of 10 FirstFirst 12345 ... LastLast

Thread: Andriod 2.2 Froyo Available Today

Understood, that's all we can do. I want 2.2 out and froyo cyan 6.

Ken
    Phones Owned: Nokia 6200; Nokia 6126 2ea; BB 8700g; BB 8900; MyTouch 4G; Nexus One: HTC One S; Carrier-TMobile

[SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]

San Francisco Giants

Oh goodie, oh boy, oh boy, oh boy....I am more excited about what cyanogen is going to do with it....than the official froyo...LOL cyan is the man....BTW the source dropping is what the devs have been waiting for...so they can drop all the delicous goodness to the official froyo...i will take strawberry with chocolate sprinkles cyan, paul, leo, evil d...there's some good stuff out there.
    CM7.0.3
    Overclocked 1113

AOSP is the Open Source Alliance dealing with handsets. Although it is all opensource, Google does not work on the code in an opensource format, they finish the code to their liking and then 'dump' it on the AOSP for everyone to use including Devs and handset manufactures.
    I have a suspicion that handset manufatures may receive this code before its put on AOSP but oh well. It is then this code that brings us ROMs, hacks, add on and such and where those Tablet guys are pulling from to put Android on etc...
    Nexus One and luvin it
    Rooted 5/6/2010
    Enomther 2.10.1 Froyo Release

Taken from www.gadgetventure.com

Update 2: Gizmodo's 2pm EST comment has been removed. Engadget however, say that the source code is available and it is expected to be pushed out to Nexus One's soon.

Back to square one then

Quote Originally Posted by dimmakherbs View Post
    AOSP is the Open Source Alliance dealing with handsets. Although it is all opensource, Google does not work on the code in an opensource format, they finish the code to their liking and then 'dump' it on the AOSP for everyone to use including Devs and handset manufactures.
    I have a suspicion that handset manufatures may receive this code before its put on AOSP but oh well. It is then this code that brings us ROMs, hacks, add on and such and where those Tablet guys are pulling from to put Android on etc...
    I don't know about the alliance, but ASOP stands for:
    Android Open Source Project

Frequently Asked Questions | Android Open Source

Quote Originally Posted by Beer Goggles View Post
    Quote Originally Posted by dimmakherbs View Post
    I don't know about the alliance, but ASOP stands for:
    Android Open Source Project

Frequently Asked Questions | Android Open Source
    This will Explain:

Open Handset Alliance
    [PHONE] Nexus 4

[ROM] CM11 Nightlies

----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

[TABLET] Nexus 7

[ROM] CM11 Nightlies

basically all of you people scared to root your phones will have to wait for the OTA so it can be pushed to your phone(or so it can leak and you can manually update). For the rest since the source code is out today, hopefully cyan will have something delicious done within a few days and we can finally have the best of both worlds!
    :nexusx: Nexus One Beta Tester

Quote Originally Posted by d1mitrov View Post
    basically all of you people scared to root your phones will have to wait for the OTA so it can be pushed to your phone(or so it can leak and you can manually update). For the rest since the source code is out today, hopefully cyan will have something delicious done within a few days and we can finally have the best of both worlds!
    Hopefully Cyan will be able to do something while vacationing.
    Enom has also already set up a full workup ready for the source dump which was today, so we should see that as well.
    Paul is also no doubt coding away as we speak as well!
    Cyan 6.0
    Enom 2.0
    and the new Modaco are all on the way!!!
    Nexus One and luvin it
    Rooted 5/6/2010
    Enomther 2.10.1 Froyo Release

I hope I wasnt wishfully thinking, but Cyan tweeted a few hours ago that CM6 would be ready tonight....if that is true, man they had it built, but waiting on couple plug-ins....MAn I so hope I didnt read that wrong...already did a nandroid backup and titanium backup 2 hours ago....LOLOLOL
    CM7.0.3
    Overclocked 1113

Super Moderator AndroidIsTheTruth's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by cbroberts2010 View Post
    I hope I wasnt wishfully thinking, but Cyan tweeted a few hours ago that CM6 would be ready tonight....if that is true, man they had it built, but waiting on couple plug-ins....MAn I so hope I didnt read that wrong...already did a nandroid backup and titanium backup 2 hours ago....LOLOLOL
    So say this comes out tonight and I decide to Root. Will I still receive the OTA notification for Froyo from Google?
    Androidfied.

Page 3 of 10 FirstFirst 12345 ... LastLast

Remove Ads

http://www.scramblerducati.org/

Sponsored Links