Andriod 2.2 Froyo Available Today

This is a discussion on Andriod 2.2 Froyo Available Today within the Nexus One forums, part of the Google Phones category; Understood, that's all we can do. I want 2.2 out and froyo cyan 6. Ken...

Page 3 of 10 FirstFirst 12345 ... LastLast
Results 21 to 30 of 97

Thread: Andriod 2.2 Froyo Available Today

  1. #21
    Android Master rugmankc's Avatar
    Join Date
    Apr 2010
    Posts
    1,955
    Understood, that's all we can do. I want 2.2 out and froyo cyan 6.



    Ken
    Phones Owned: Nokia 6200; Nokia 6126 2ea; BB 8700g; BB 8900; MyTouch 4G; Nexus One: HTC One S; Carrier-TMobile

    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]


    San Francisco Giants

  2. #22
    Senior Member cbroberts2010's Avatar
    Join Date
    Feb 2010
    Posts
    251
    Oh goodie, oh boy, oh boy, oh boy....I am more excited about what cyanogen is going to do with it....than the official froyo...LOL cyan is the man....BTW the source dropping is what the devs have been waiting for...so they can drop all the delicous goodness to the official froyo...i will take strawberry with chocolate sprinkles cyan, paul, leo, evil d...there's some good stuff out there.
    CM7.0.3
    Overclocked 1113

  3. #23
    Senior Member dimmakherbs's Avatar
    Join Date
    Mar 2010
    Posts
    475
    AOSP is the Open Source Alliance dealing with handsets. Although it is all opensource, Google does not work on the code in an opensource format, they finish the code to their liking and then 'dump' it on the AOSP for everyone to use including Devs and handset manufactures.
    I have a suspicion that handset manufatures may receive this code before its put on AOSP but oh well. It is then this code that brings us ROMs, hacks, add on and such and where those Tablet guys are pulling from to put Android on etc...
    Nexus One and luvin it
    Rooted 5/6/2010
    Enomther 2.10.1 Froyo Release

  4. #24
    Member zippy's Avatar
    Join Date
    May 2010
    Posts
    58
    Taken from www.gadgetventure.com



    Update 2: Gizmodo's 2pm EST comment has been removed. Engadget however, say that the source code is available and it is expected to be pushed out to Nexus One's soon.



    Back to square one then

  5. #25
    Junior Member Beer Goggles's Avatar
    Join Date
    May 2011
    Posts
    2
    Quote Originally Posted by dimmakherbs View Post
    AOSP is the Open Source Alliance dealing with handsets. Although it is all opensource, Google does not work on the code in an opensource format, they finish the code to their liking and then 'dump' it on the AOSP for everyone to use including Devs and handset manufactures.
    I have a suspicion that handset manufatures may receive this code before its put on AOSP but oh well. It is then this code that brings us ROMs, hacks, add on and such and where those Tablet guys are pulling from to put Android on etc...
    I don't know about the alliance, but ASOP stands for:
    Android Open Source Project

    Frequently Asked Questions | Android Open Source

  6. #26
    Super Moderator sliceburgslim's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2011
    Location
    Ohio
    Posts
    66
    Thanked
    14 times
    Quote Originally Posted by Beer Goggles View Post
    Quote Originally Posted by dimmakherbs View Post
    AOSP is the Open Source Alliance dealing with handsets. Although it is all opensource, Google does not work on the code in an opensource format, they finish the code to their liking and then 'dump' it on the AOSP for everyone to use including Devs and handset manufactures.
    I have a suspicion that handset manufatures may receive this code before its put on AOSP but oh well. It is then this code that brings us ROMs, hacks, add on and such and where those Tablet guys are pulling from to put Android on etc...
    I don't know about the alliance, but ASOP stands for:
    Android Open Source Project

    Frequently Asked Questions | Android Open Source
    This will Explain:

    Open Handset Alliance
    [PHONE] Nexus 4

    [ROM] CM11 Nightlies

    ----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

    [TABLET] Nexus 7

    [ROM] CM11 Nightlies

  7. #27
    Senior Member d1mitrov's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2010
    Posts
    339
    basically all of you people scared to root your phones will have to wait for the OTA so it can be pushed to your phone(or so it can leak and you can manually update). For the rest since the source code is out today, hopefully cyan will have something delicious done within a few days and we can finally have the best of both worlds!
    :nexusx: Nexus One Beta Tester

  8. #28
    Senior Member dimmakherbs's Avatar
    Join Date
    Mar 2010
    Posts
    475
    Quote Originally Posted by d1mitrov View Post
    basically all of you people scared to root your phones will have to wait for the OTA so it can be pushed to your phone(or so it can leak and you can manually update). For the rest since the source code is out today, hopefully cyan will have something delicious done within a few days and we can finally have the best of both worlds!
    Hopefully Cyan will be able to do something while vacationing.
    Enom has also already set up a full workup ready for the source dump which was today, so we should see that as well.
    Paul is also no doubt coding away as we speak as well!
    Cyan 6.0
    Enom 2.0
    and the new Modaco are all on the way!!!
    Nexus One and luvin it
    Rooted 5/6/2010
    Enomther 2.10.1 Froyo Release

  9. #29
    Senior Member cbroberts2010's Avatar
    Join Date
    Feb 2010
    Posts
    251
    I hope I wasnt wishfully thinking, but Cyan tweeted a few hours ago that CM6 would be ready tonight....if that is true, man they had it built, but waiting on couple plug-ins....MAn I so hope I didnt read that wrong...already did a nandroid backup and titanium backup 2 hours ago....LOLOLOL
    CM7.0.3
    Overclocked 1113

  10. #30
    Super Moderator AndroidIsTheTruth's Avatar
    Join Date
    Feb 2012
    Posts
    8
    Thanked
    10 times
    Quote Originally Posted by cbroberts2010 View Post
    I hope I wasnt wishfully thinking, but Cyan tweeted a few hours ago that CM6 would be ready tonight....if that is true, man they had it built, but waiting on couple plug-ins....MAn I so hope I didnt read that wrong...already did a nandroid backup and titanium backup 2 hours ago....LOLOLOL
    So say this comes out tonight and I decide to Root. Will I still receive the OTA notification for Froyo from Google?
    Androidfied.

Page 3 of 10 FirstFirst 12345 ... LastLast

Remove Ads

http://www.scramblerducati.org/

Sponsored Links

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •  

Similar Threads

  1. How to enjoy Blu-ray and DVD movies on Samsung Epic 4G?
    By Epic Forums User in forum Samsung Epic 4G
    Replies: 0
    Last Post: 10-13-2010, 04:39 AM

Search tags for this page

android contact list is being updated please wait
,
android contact list is being updated#gsc.tab
,
contact list being updated
,

contact list is being updated please wait

Click on a term to search our sites for related topics.
Android Forum