Andriod 2.2 Froyo Available Today

This is a discussion on Andriod 2.2 Froyo Available Today within the Nexus One forums, part of the Google Phones category; Why does it have to be OTA... why can't they give you the option to download it yourself manually!? It would make a whole lot ...

Page 7 of 10 FirstFirst ... 56789 ... LastLast

Thread: Andriod 2.2 Froyo Available Today

Why does it have to be OTA... why can't they give you the option to download it yourself manually!? It would make a whole lot more sense and please the ones who actually know what Froyo is. Yeah I really am hoping this is true and they FINALLY are releasing the Official Froyo... but now this could take another 2 weeks for everyone to get it. So while the ones who don't even know what Froyo is are getting it about the ones who do know... may not even get it for a while yet. Its like if I was a child and waiting for Christmas to come... only its as if Santa is stuck in a snow storm so he may not make it in time for Christmas Day. LOL aahhhhh!!! I am losing it.

Super Moderator AndroidIsTheTruth's Avatar
    I feel real pathetic right now. I took off half day of work cause I was exhausted today and needed some rest. Sadly I have been glued to any possible updates about 2.2.
    Androidfied.

got this link from twitter

Mobided « Another Froyo OTA update beginning to roll out to Nexus One users

really? is there an OTA out already? not much details there.... any news of an OTA from 2.1 or just from FR72?

Hello? I already posted the link to the patch file a few posts back.

Quote Originally Posted by funbunzsf View Post
    Hello? I already posted the link to the patch file a few posts back.

Hehe, I saw that, surprised no one else said anything.

Thing is that's from FRF50 to FRF83. Most of us got the patch the other day to go from FRF50 to FRF72. So it's pretty useless to everyone that updates to 72, including myself.

Re: Andriod 2.2 Froyo Available Today

I actually prefer the update to be pushed as an OTA update straight from google than manually downloading and installing it. Keep in mind that many users aren't that tech savvy to be able to manually install it poperly. So an OTA update is the ideal solution.

Sent from my Nexus One using Tapatalk

Quote Originally Posted by AhmedEltawil View Post
    I actually prefer the update to be pushed as an OTA update straight from google than manually downloading and installing it. Keep in mind that many users aren't that tech savvy to be able to manually install it poperly. So an OTA update is the ideal solution.

Sent from my Nexus One using Tapatalk
    same here. but im willing to go the update.zip route if its available. im on an ATT nexus so nothing yet and i dont want to root.

If wouldn't be that hard for Google to post it on their server with directions on what to do? I mean seriously... how hard could it be? Once you open the zip or whatever everything should take its own course. Before OTA you had to manually download from a site in order to update your phone. The OTA way just makes it easier and that way you know that there is indeed an update. Heck if someone wanted to they could update say their PS3 or PS3 manually by installing any updates on a thumb drive or pro duo card. Its NOT that hard.... especially with instructions.

Quote Originally Posted by JBLmobileG1 View Post
    Why does it have to be OTA... why can't they give you the option to download it yourself manually!?
    OTA is just a download. Don't make it out to be something completely different, it's not.

I know its not different... thats why I don't understand WHY Google can't post it on a site if its officially is out. Its like instead of them bringing it to you... you go get it yourself. Instead of Delivery its carryout. Thats what I mean.

Page 7 of 10 FirstFirst ... 56789 ... LastLast

Remove Ads

http://www.scramblerducati.org/

Sponsored Links