Andriod 2.2 Froyo Available Today

This is a discussion on Andriod 2.2 Froyo Available Today within the Nexus One forums, part of the Google Phones category; Originally Posted by thargic update - one change I found. All those apps that I couldn't find in the Market (I think due to the ...

Page 9 of 10 FirstFirst ... 78910 LastLast

Thread: Andriod 2.2 Froyo Available Today

Smile

Quote Originally Posted by thargic View Post
    update - one change I found. All those apps that I couldn't find in the Market (I think due to the fact it was not the final build)..well they are showing up in the market now.
    Must be the final build.. ya think?
    That's great news! That was the major problem for me.

that is right... I manually updated to FRF72 a few days ago. Tonight I received, in the notification bar, a notice says .... "an update is available" and the choice to do it now or later. I did not check for updates, it just showed up.

Easy download..very quick...

Isn't it just easier to manually update it? That's what I did. Works absolutely perfect! :]

Thanks thargic, I really didn't want to do a factory reset and the process back to 2.1. Most other forums are now reporting the same thing, FRF72 to FRF83 from the OTA update.

Quote Originally Posted by iPhoneSlayer View Post
    Ok, since this is my first smartphone, I'm gonna ask a newbie question/comment.
    I thought Andriod was already an open source platform...so why is this froyo being open source big news? And what does it being open source mean for us? And do you have to be rooted to enjoy it?
    Sorry that was a few newbie questions.
    The news is that the code was released so people can see it. So the Froyo version became open source because google has apparently released it. Android code overall has always been open source.

That would be my understanding anyway.

Does anyone know how long it took between the release of the source and the official OTA update for everyone in the past?

Hi All,

I have the EPE54B from AT&T I live in Kuwait and connected to a WiFi connection now I have many times done a force check and no results for the OTA , can someone tell me why?

Thanks,

Rahul

Quote Originally Posted by rahulras1993 View Post
    Hi All,

I have the EPE54B from AT&T I live in Kuwait and connected to a WiFi connection now I have many times done a force check and no results for the OTA , can someone tell me why?

Thanks,

Rahul
    Because no one on EPE54B is getting an OTA update yet. The only move to FRF83 (Froyo) is 1 - a download that you have to flash yourself and is also 2 - an incremental move from the previous "test" of FRF50.

My theory on why is that FRF50 was easier to update to 83 than going from 72 to 83. Who knows why, maybe they issues to work out on that. Anyway, 50 and 72 are both 2.2 builds, so they'll probably be the quickest and easiest to get to the final of 83, hence they'd be first. "Newer" 2.1 builds would be up next, followed by the oldest 2.1 builds. Just seems logical that you do what's easiest and latest first. Again, just my theory.

Can I do the Froyo update mentioned here on an AT&T N1?

i have model number ERE27, are those also 2.2 builds and will they be in priority when the air-update releases?

Page 9 of 10 FirstFirst ... 78910 LastLast

Remove Ads

http://www.scramblerducati.org/

Sponsored Links