the battery (again)

This is a discussion on the battery (again) within the Nexus One forums, part of the Google Phones category; in the last few days my battery is dying at an alarming rate,i will give you today as an example 6:45 am - 94% 9:30 ...

Thread: the battery (again)

the battery (again)

in the last few days my battery is dying at an alarming rate,i will give you today as an example
    6:45 am - 94%
    9:30 am - 71%(only made one call)
    13:45pm -40%(3 calls and two text)
    16:55pm -needing charged(3 calls,5 texts and 15 minutes trying to watch world cup).
    i'm rooted and on frf50 and really hope this will be fixed with update or its no good to me flash or no flash as whats the point in having it if i cant watch anything on it??battery is only 5 months old

2. Android.net is the premier Android Forum. Registered users do not see these ads. .

While I haven't yet played with the Slingbox app enough to verify this, I suspect that video streaming via ANY app is going to be a VERY battery intensive process. Up until you started watching World Cup, your battery usage could be considered relatively normal, depending on what you have running in your setup.

Quote Originally Posted by WERA689 View Post
    While I haven't yet played with the Slingbox app enough to verify this, I suspect that video streaming via ANY app is going to be a VERY battery intensive process. Up until you started watching World Cup, your battery usage could be considered relatively normal, depending on what you have running in your setup.
    it wasnt slingbox wera it was tvcatchup and those figures cant be normal,how can a phone drop 23% with one 3 minute call in 3 hours,going by this reate if i watch youtube on the train to work it will need charged at 10 am

Did you see your battery usage settings to see what was eating up your battery?
    Come here little sheep; I have a nice juicy apple for you!
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]

Nexus One: Locked and Rooted
    ROM: CM7

Quote Originally Posted by iPhoneSlayer View Post
    the ususal suspects with display at the top even though brightness is off

Quote Originally Posted by tonybhoy View Post
    If you're rooted, there's an app called juice defender that may help. I'm not rooted but others in this forum have said it helped. But you're battery shouldn't drain from 94% to 71% that fast. Could be a bad battery.
    Come here little sheep; I have a nice juicy apple for you!
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]

Nexus One: Locked and Rooted
    ROM: CM7

If you're rooted, there's an app called juice defender that may help. I'm not rooted but others in this forum have said it helped. But you're battery shouldn't drain from 94% to 71% that fast. Could be a bad battery.
    it sreally annoying me now as i want to show it off but cant as i will have no juice left for phone calls

it wasnt slingbox wera it was tvcatchup and those figures cant be normal,how can a phone drop 23% with one 3 minute call in 3 hours,going by this reate if i watch youtube on the train to work it will need charged at 10 am

Think about it...if display is your largest battery hog, and you're using your phone to watch TV (which needs the display by definition); then you're going to be putting a serious load on your battery. As to the other aspects that could be contributing, if you run WiFi, BlueTooth, GPS, and perhaps some other continuously running background apps all the time, they will also put a load on the battery. BTW, I'd think that Slingbox and TVcatchup use similar amounts of battery, as they both stream video. I can't, of course, confirm that however.

Please understand, I'm not suggesting that there's nothing wrong with your battery; just that there may be more to your issue than you may realize.

Think about it...if display is your largest battery hog, and you're using your phone to watch TV (which needs the display by definition); then you're going to be putting a serious load on your battery. As to the other aspects that could be contributing, if you run WiFi, BlueTooth, GPS, and perhaps some other continuously running background apps all the time, they will also put a load on the battery. BTW, I'd think that Slingbox and TVcatchup use similar amounts of battery, as they both stream video. I can't, of course, confirm that however.

Please understand, I'm not suggesting that there's nothing wrong with your battery; just that there may be more to your issue than you may realize.
    understand everything you say mate but the world cup game started at 15:00 and i only managed 15 mins of it so basically my battery lasts8/9 hours with little use and defo no gps bluetooth or wifi on, i will wait and check it for the next few days and it looks like i'm buying a new battery or using my nokia 6230i for work

understand everything you say mate but the world cup game started at 15:00 and i only managed 15 mins of it so basically my battery lasts8/9 hours with little use and defo no gps bluetooth or wifi on, i will wait and check it for the next few days and it looks like i'm buying a new battery or using my nokia 6230i for work
    check all the apps that need internet connections. The apps such as email pushing, weather, news, twitter, instant messengers etc all need internet connection and those apps can consume a lot of battery by using 3g connection frequently. So if any of your apps need a constant internet connection like a messenger then it will drain the battery like no other. And 15min of video streaming via 3g def hurt the battery. I never tested on N1 but my other phones with siimilar battery capacity only lasted 1 hr and 25min streaming video via 3g.

Remove Ads

http://www.scramblerducati.org/

Sponsored Links