How to Enable HTML in posts?

This is a discussion on How to Enable HTML in posts? within the Nexus One forums, part of the Google Phones category; Like to embed a youtube video. How do I go about doing this? I cant seem to find the option anywhere. any advice is appreciated...

Results 1 to 10 of 10

Thread: How to Enable HTML in posts?

  1. #1
    Super Moderator sliceburgslim's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2011
    Location
    Ohio
    Posts
    66
    Thanked
    14 times

    How to Enable HTML in posts?

    Like to embed a youtube video. How do I go about doing this? I cant seem to find the option anywhere. any advice is appreciated
    [PHONE] Nexus 4

    [ROM] CM11 Nightlies

    ----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

    [TABLET] Nexus 7

    [ROM] CM11 Nightlies

  2. Android.net is the premier Android Forum. Registered users do not see these ads. .

  3. #2
    Senior Member iPhoneSlayer's Avatar
    Join Date
    Feb 2010
    Posts
    1,386
    Quote Originally Posted by SliceBurgSlim View Post
    Like to embed a youtube video. How do I go about doing this? I cant seem to find the option anywhere. any advice is appreciated
    There's a <embed> button right under the number of view info. Is that what you were looking for?
    If you wanna post the video, what I do is forward to the end of the video where I get two options "Share" and "Replay"
    I click on Share and the link is posted in a box below. I just copy and paste it to a post.

    Test
    [ame]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=I-91Vm0pIec[/ame]
    Come here little sheep; I have a nice juicy apple for you!
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]

    Nexus One: Locked and Rooted
    ROM: CM7

  4. #3
    Super Moderator sliceburgslim's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2011
    Location
    Ohio
    Posts
    66
    Thanked
    14 times
    Quote Originally Posted by iPhoneSlayer View Post
    Quote Originally Posted by SliceBurgSlim View Post
    Like to embed a youtube video. How do I go about doing this? I cant seem to find the option anywhere. any advice is appreciated
    There's a <embed> button right under the number of view info. Is that what you were looking for?
    Yes I know about that but it doesnt seem to be working. Just get a ton of HTML lines on the screen. It says my HTML is off in the Posting Rules window at the bottom left of my screen.
    [PHONE] Nexus 4

    [ROM] CM11 Nightlies

    ----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

    [TABLET] Nexus 7

    [ROM] CM11 Nightlies

  5. #4
    Senior Member iPhoneSlayer's Avatar
    Join Date
    Feb 2010
    Posts
    1,386
    Ya I noticed that too so I edited my post. Also put up a test video for your viewing pleasure
    Come here little sheep; I have a nice juicy apple for you!
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]

    Nexus One: Locked and Rooted
    ROM: CM7

  6. #5
    Super Moderator sliceburgslim's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2011
    Location
    Ohio
    Posts
    66
    Thanked
    14 times
    Quote Originally Posted by iPhoneSlayer View Post
    Ya I noticed that too so I edited my post. Also put up a test video for your viewing pleasure
    I guess I'm not allowed to post Videos
    [PHONE] Nexus 4

    [ROM] CM11 Nightlies

    ----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

    [TABLET] Nexus 7

    [ROM] CM11 Nightlies

  7. #6
    Senior Member iPhoneSlayer's Avatar
    Join Date
    Feb 2010
    Posts
    1,386
    Quote Originally Posted by SliceBurgSlim View Post
    Quote Originally Posted by iPhoneSlayer View Post
    Ya I noticed that too so I edited my post. Also put up a test video for your viewing pleasure
    I guess I'm not allowed to post Videos
    Did you try going to the end of the video and clicking "Share" to get the link? That's what worked for me.
    Come here little sheep; I have a nice juicy apple for you!
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]

    Nexus One: Locked and Rooted
    ROM: CM7

  8. #7
    Super Moderator sliceburgslim's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2011
    Location
    Ohio
    Posts
    66
    Thanked
    14 times
    Quote Originally Posted by iPhoneSlayer View Post
    Quote Originally Posted by SliceBurgSlim View Post
    Quote Originally Posted by iPhoneSlayer View Post
    Ya I noticed that too so I edited my post. Also put up a test video for your viewing pleasure
    I guess I'm not allowed to post Videos
    Did you try going to the end of the video and clicking "Share" to get the link? That's what worked for me.
    yes I found the Embedded link. It just doesnt work.

    Question: is your HTML enabled in your posting rules window thing at the bottom left?
    [PHONE] Nexus 4

    [ROM] CM11 Nightlies

    ----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

    [TABLET] Nexus 7

    [ROM] CM11 Nightlies

  9. #8
    Senior Member iPhoneSlayer's Avatar
    Join Date
    Feb 2010
    Posts
    1,386
    Code is OFF
    Come here little sheep; I have a nice juicy apple for you!
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]

    Nexus One: Locked and Rooted
    ROM: CM7

  10. #9
    Super Moderator sliceburgslim's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2011
    Location
    Ohio
    Posts
    66
    Thanked
    14 times
    Wow I'm slightly retarded I guess. Got it to work now. Thanks for the help!
    [PHONE] Nexus 4

    [ROM] CM11 Nightlies

    ----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

    [TABLET] Nexus 7

    [ROM] CM11 Nightlies

  11. #10
    Senior Member iPhoneSlayer's Avatar
    Join Date
    Feb 2010
    Posts
    1,386
    No problem. It's late and I'm feeling retarded too. Gonna sleep now.
    Come here little sheep; I have a nice juicy apple for you!
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]

    Nexus One: Locked and Rooted
    ROM: CM7

Remove Ads

http://www.scramblerducati.org/

Sponsored Links

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •  
Android Forum