Update to Froyo 2.2 FRF83 from FRF72

This is a discussion on Update to Froyo 2.2 FRF83 from FRF72 within the Nexus One forums, part of the Google Phones category; I was on Froyo 2.2 FRF72, and Updated to FRF83, on my Nexus One unrooted and locked bootloader (This will not void your warranty) . ...

Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Thread: Update to Froyo 2.2 FRF83 from FRF72

Update to Froyo 2.2 FRF83 from FRF72

I was on Froyo 2.2 FRF72, and Updated to FRF83, on my Nexus One unrooted and locked bootloader (This will not void your warranty). Here is what I Did

(A) Revert back to 2.1

(1) go to androidtechnical.info
    (2) click on "ANDROID ROM LIBRARY"
    (3) type "Google OEM" into the search boy (of course without the "")
    (4) click on "Search"
    (5) click onto the "Google OEM" link that says "Nexus One Shipping ROM (Original)" in the "Version" column
    (6) at the bottom you will find the download link
    (7) happy downloading

Note: I found the link to be broken so Try this link for ERD79

(8) Do a Factory Reset, and skip all account setup. Copy the original OEM ERD79 and rename it PASSIMG.zip onto your SD-Card. Shut down your N1

(9) Reboot into Fastboot by pressing the power and the trackball, and boot it into fastboot and go into bootloader. Now the phone will regonize and load your PASSIMG.zip and ask you if you want to update.

(B) Then I updated to 2.1 Update1

(1) Skip all account setup. Download to your desktop and rename the file to "update."
    (2) Copy the zip file to your Nexus One's microSD card.
    (3) Power down your Nexus One.
    (4) Press the trackball and power button until the three skating Android show up.
    (5) Use the volume rocker to highlight "bootloader" and select with the power button.
    (6) Use the volume rocker to highlight "recovery" and select with the power button.
    (7) Your Nexus One will reboot and you'll be presented with an Android and an exclamation point. Press the power button and volume up button.
    (8) Select "apply sdcard:update.zip" with the trackball and you should be good to go after a few minutes.

(C) Then I update to 2.2 FRF50.

(1) Download 2.2 FRF50, and follow the steps in (B).

(D) And finally update to 2.2 FRF83.

(1) Download 2.2 FRF83, and follow the steps in (B).

2. Android.net is the premier Android Forum. Registered users do not see these ads. .

Dude...you've gotta be kidding me.

Wow. Thanks for the time and detailed guide. I'm sure a lot of people will find it helpful. But you lost me on "Factory Reset".
    Come here little sheep; I have a nice juicy apple for you!
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]

Nexus One: Locked and Rooted
    ROM: CM7

wait factory reset?

Super Moderator AndroidIsTheTruth's Avatar
    Does this work for AT&T
    Androidfied.

This is for T-Mobile

Thanks for the tutorial! doing this as we speak, i also find this funny that you've found this out for T-Mobile when your status info says you're ATnT.

Update: I got stuck at step one lol, the link that you provided to revert back to 2.1 says that it could not update because the main version is older.

Android and me just reported that he was about to update using this method when he received the FRF83 OTA and it installed fine. Does this sound right. If an OTA update of FRF83 does come from Google will it install without having to remove FRF72?

Wow, lol.... Is this simple little phone update worth doing all that?

Thanks for the lengthy guide, lionsson. My setup was the same as yours; running FRF72 on an unrooted and locked T-Mo Nexus. No matter which ROM I try reverting to as passimg.zip (ERD79, ERE36B, etc) which I also found here Index of /shipped/Passion (Nexus One), I get this error:

"Main version is older! Update Failed"

I've followed your steps to the "T" and get the same thing each time. Any idea what's up? I have a feeling it's something with downgrading the radio...but you were successful apparently. Thanks!

Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Remove Ads

http://www.scramblerducati.org/

Sponsored Links