Whose got the Official OTA of 2.2?

This is a discussion on Whose got the Official OTA of 2.2? within the Nexus One forums, part of the Google Phones category; Originally Posted by iPhoneSlayer Originally Posted by Freya Froyo FRF85b Officially Rolls out for Nexus One : AndroidSPIN | Your No.1 source for Everything Android. ...

Page 14 of 21 FirstFirst ... 41213141516 ... LastLast

Thread: Whose got the Official OTA of 2.2?

Quote Originally Posted by iPhoneSlayer View Post
    Quote Originally Posted by Freya View Post
    Froyo FRF85b Officially Rolls out for Nexus One : AndroidSPIN | Your No.1 source for Everything Android.

Nexus One people should be getting it before the end of the week.

I don't have it yet. Sigh.
    You could be tasting some delicious froyo within 10 minutes if you do it manually.
    <whispers> do it....do it....
    I've taken a look at it....it's too complicated....just like how rooting is too complicated. Oh well.

Quote Originally Posted by Larry View Post
    How do I install it manually? I've googled and nothing relevant comes up. I've downloaded the file, don't know the procedure for installing.
    http://www.nexusoneforum.net/forum/n...ta-update.html

mah
    Quote Originally Posted by Freya View Post
    I've taken a look at it....it's too complicated....just like how rooting is too complicated. Oh well.
    It's not really complicated. Here's my verbose version of the steps needed (paraphrased from http://www.androidcentral.com/how-manually-update-your-nexus-one):

1. Get the update file. It will be named something like "signed-passion-blah.zip". You will need to rename (or copy) it to "update.zip".
      • if you don't see ".zip" on the original, don't use it in the rename either... your windows system is hiding the extension and you don't want to call it "update.zip.zip".

2. Attach your phone via USB
    3. Use the notification bar to enable your phone to be seen as if it's a hard drive
    4. Move update.zip to the top level of your phone (using the windows explorer and drag-and-drop)
    5. Take your phone off of USB
    6. make sure your phone is charged up... if it isn't, recharge the battery and come back later
    7. Power your phone off
    8. With the phone off, press the trackball in and hold it in
    9. Press the power button to turn your phone on (leave the trackball pressed! but release the power button)
      • You'll be taken to a mostly white screen

10. Release the trackball
    11. You should see "BOOTLOADER" highlighted in Blue. If you don't, change the highlight (using the volume keys) until you do.
    12. Press the power button (to select BOOTLOADER)
      • The screen will change a little... mainly the menu list will change.

13. See "RECOVERY" in green... you need to select that (again, using the volume button).
      • The selection might not move right away this time. It's ok... wait a moment while some text flies by, then try again.

14. Your phone will start to reboot, into recovery mode. You'll see a scary screen: black, with a green droid and an exclamation point inside a triangle.
    15. Press power and hold it in while you then press volume-up.
      • This takes you to a new menu list. This menu list doesn't use power/volume though... it uses the trackball.

16. Use the trackball to scroll to "apply sdcard:update.zip"
    17. Press the trackball to take the selection.
    18. Sit back while your phone does the rest.

Received OTA yesterday in the morning
    My N1:
    stock EPE54B
    non-rooted
    bought unlocked from google (Att version)
    Now is FRF85B

Smile

Got mine today, Denver, Colorado, T-mobile

Hello, I am from Hong Kong. I havent receive any notify from auto update yet. Yesterday I did manually install FRF85B, I wonder if I still get OTA notification from the system. I wonder if OTA better then the one I manually install. Would anyone can answer this? Thanks!

Quote Originally Posted by wingod View Post
    Hello, I am from Hong Kong. I havent receive any notify from auto update yet. Yesterday I did manually install FRF85B, I wonder if I still get OTA notification from the system. I wonder if OTA better then the one I manually install. Would anyone can answer this? Thanks!
    No OTA for you. Your version already matches the update server, so it won't download or alert you.

It really does seem like people think that the OTA is magic.

OTA is just like manual download in that you get the same result.

OTA is still a download from the Internet that replaces the original OS on your phone. That is all. Nothing mystical or anything. Same file gets downloaded. Same files get installed. Game, set, match.

Thanks for the answers, because I always worry about the manual one is missing something as now I still see no sound from phone rebooting while when I was 2.1 has it. So I donno if the OS made it or my phone really has bugs in hardware.

I'm glad that sound is gone..it kinda annoyed me. Anyways, those manual updates originally came off Google's own servers. They're as real as they can get.
    Come here little sheep; I have a nice juicy apple for you!
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]

Nexus One: Locked and Rooted
    ROM: CM7

Page 14 of 21 FirstFirst ... 41213141516 ... LastLast

Remove Ads

http://www.scramblerducati.org/

Sponsored Links