Whose got the Official OTA of 2.2?

This is a discussion on Whose got the Official OTA of 2.2? within the Nexus One forums, part of the Google Phones category; Originally Posted by NexusRocks Originally Posted by Demiurge Yes, the only person running stock AT&T (EPE54B) to get the OTA to FRF83 has a whopping ...

Page 4 of 21 FirstFirst ... 2345614 ... LastLast

Thread: Whose got the Official OTA of 2.2?

mah
    Quote Originally Posted by NexusRocks View Post
    Quote Originally Posted by Demiurge View Post
    Yes, the only person running stock AT&T (EPE54B) to get the OTA to FRF83 has a whopping 1 post.

No one claiming to get an OTA from STOCK to FRF83 has posted any proof whatsoever, and I have yet oto find a senior member of the forums (here, XDA, etc) to personally vouch for the character of anyone claiming to get the OTA.
    You only have 17 posts.
    I think the point was that a) the claim of having received an OTA for FRF83 is a bit hard to believe b) the claim is made by someone with no reputation to back it up, and no reputation to be lost if the claim is a lie. The poster with 17 posts was not making any claim that cannot be easily proven, so his post count really isn't relevant; nor is yours and nor is mine since neither of us are making such difficult-to-believe claims.

You only have 17 posts.
    Mah explains it pretty well. Glad to see someone gets it:
    Quote Originally Posted by mah View Post
    I think the point was that a) the claim of having received an OTA for FRF83 is a bit hard to believe b) the claim is made by someone with no reputation to back it up, and no reputation to be lost if the claim is a lie. The poster with 17 posts was not making any claim that cannot be easily proven, so his post count really isn't relevant; nor is yours and nor is mine since neither of us are making such difficult-to-believe claims.
    Yup, I'm new here, pretty new to the Nexus One. However, I've been at HoFo and XDA for quite a while. Not a post whore, so you want find large post counts there, either. I tend to aim for quality over quantity (BTW, if you do try to look me up on either those sites, I'm SoberGuy)

I'm not making any wild claims. Not looking to pick fights with anyone making claims. Just stating that everyone needs to be a bit more skeptical of the claims being made, particularly when there is NO evidence to support them, and NO reason to believe them. Hope does funny things, I suppose...

Quote Originally Posted by Demiurge View Post
    You only have 17 posts.
    Mah explains it pretty well. Glad to see someone gets it:
    Quote Originally Posted by mah View Post
    Yup, I'm new here, pretty new to the Nexus One. However, I've been at HoFo and XDA for quite a while. Not a post whore, so you want find large post counts there, either. I tend to aim for quality over quantity (BTW, if you do try to look me up on either those sites, I'm SoberGuy)

I'm not making any wild claims. Not looking to pick fights with anyone making claims. Just stating that everyone needs to be a bit more skeptical of the claims being made, particularly when there is NO evidence to support them, and NO reason to believe them. Hope does funny things, I suppose...
    <-----Post whore
    Come here little sheep; I have a nice juicy apple for you!
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]

Nexus One: Locked and Rooted
    ROM: CM7

I do my postwhoring at EuphoricArythmia.com, a great little off-topic forum for all kinds of fun, where "anything and everything" is our motto

<----Shameless plug whore

Quote Originally Posted by coldfusionb View Post
    I'm in Oklahoma on ATT and no ota.
    I'm sorry...not that you haven't got the OTA....but that you're in Oklahoma.
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]

Quote Originally Posted by iPhoneSlayer View Post
    Quote Originally Posted by coldfusionb View Post
    I'm in Oklahoma on ATT and no ota.
    I'm sorry...not that you haven't got the OTA....but that you're in Oklahoma.
    LOL

You're starting to remind me of SNL and New Jersey

Quote Originally Posted by keyplyr View Post
    Quote Originally Posted by chris6278 View Post
    Im n louisville, ky an i bought it from google back n feb.
    Go to Settings > About phone and tell us what it says for...

Firmware version:

Kernel version:

Build number:

What happened to Chris and is spec info?

Ken
    Phones Owned: Nokia 6200; Nokia 6126 2ea; BB 8700g; BB 8900; MyTouch 4G; Nexus One: HTC One S; Carrier-TMobile

[SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]

San Francisco Giants

Just to add a little more useless FUD out there, since there doesn't really seem like there is anything else to talk about, but, I'm reading all these stupid blog posts again from people who don't know s***. Just because FRF83 had been sent OTA to some people, AND Google apparently has recently released the Android code to AOSP or whatever the group is, ...

It doesn't necessarily mean to me that FRF83 is the final build. It's more likely, in my mind, that given that FRF50 and 72 broke the market, and Google DID want at least some people to be using these builds of Froyo, that the main purpose of FRF83 was to fix the market access problems for those who had FRF50, and that it was those people with FRF50 who were most likely to get OTA FRF83.

I would probably bet there will be at least one more build released. But who really knows? Don't you think Google will announce it when it's ready to OTA Froyo for real to everyone? I don't think I've heard of ANY person with a stock ERE27 or ERE54B phone who got the OTA. Only those with FRF50. Not that I'm any expert or anything.

Quote Originally Posted by FlyingsCool View Post
    Just to add a little more useless FUD out there, since there doesn't really seem like there is anything else to talk about, but, I'm reading all these stupid blog posts again from people who don't know s***. Just because FRF83 had been sent OTA to some people, AND Google apparently has recently released the Android code to AOSP or whatever the group is, ...

It doesn't necessarily mean to me that FRF83 is the final build. It's more likely, in my mind, that given that FRF50 and 72 broke the market, and Google DID want at least some people to be using these builds of Froyo, that the main purpose of FRF83 was to fix the market access problems for those who had FRF50, and that it was those people with FRF50 who were most likely to get OTA FRF83.

I would probably bet there will be at least one more build released. But who really knows? Don't you think Google will announce it when it's ready to OTA Froyo for real to everyone? I don't think I've heard of ANY person with a stock ERE27 or ERE54B phone who got the OTA. Only those with FRF50. Not that I'm any expert or anything.
    I agree. I've been reading and searching blogs and still haven't seen any official statements from Google. If Google starts to push the real OTA for everyone, they would atleast say "Here ya go, enjoy!" or something.
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]

iphoneslayer that picture in you signiture always creeps me out............................................... ..
    :nexusx: Nexus One Beta Tester

Page 4 of 21 FirstFirst ... 2345614 ... LastLast

Remove Ads

http://www.scramblerducati.org/

Sponsored Links