Whose got the Official OTA of 2.2?

This is a discussion on Whose got the Official OTA of 2.2? within the Nexus One forums, part of the Google Phones category; Originally Posted by d1mitrov iphoneslayer that picture in you signiture always creeps me out............................................... .. LOL. I don't wanna give you nightmares so I changed ...

Page 5 of 21 FirstFirst ... 3456715 ... LastLast

Thread: Whose got the Official OTA of 2.2?

Quote Originally Posted by d1mitrov View Post
    iphoneslayer that picture in you signiture always creeps me out............................................... ..
    LOL. I don't wanna give you nightmares so I changed it for ya. Better?
    Come here little sheep; I have a nice juicy apple for you!
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]

Nexus One: Locked and Rooted
    ROM: CM7

yes i like this one much better
    do you have a similar one but with steve jobs instead?
    :nexusx: Nexus One Beta Tester

Quote Originally Posted by d1mitrov View Post
    yes i like this one much better
    do you have a similar one but with steve jobs instead?
    LOL...no. I really don't want the FBI breaking down my door.
    Come here little sheep; I have a nice juicy apple for you!
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]

Nexus One: Locked and Rooted
    ROM: CM7

mah
    Quote Originally Posted by FlyingsCool View Post
    Don't you think Google will announce it when it's ready to OTA Froyo for real to everyone?
    I don't recall any official announcement from Google when the first OTA was made available a few weeks after release. Since the volume of N1 in the field is rather small, I'm not expecting to hear anything from Google -- I expect to log into this forum one day and find out about it.

Does anyone know if anyone reputable has received the OTA Froyo?
    :nexusx: Serious Android Fan :nexusx:

Don't see anything in a newer phone that gives me a temptation to leave my Nexus One!

/ who's...not whose...whose is possessive, who's is the contraction...

Quote Originally Posted by mah View Post
    I don't recall any official announcement from Google when the first OTA was made available a few weeks after release. Since the volume of N1 in the field is rather small, I'm not expecting to hear anything from Google -- I expect to log into this forum one day and find out about it.
    What OTA was that, exactly?

I maintain my position: these "OTA updates" people are talking about were just to a select few, mainly Google employees and the press version of the N1. There has not been, to date, ANY OTA update for the general public on the N1, at least in regards to going to 2.2. These "OTA updates" being talked about by forum users are not OTA. Going to a website, downloading a file, and then flashing that file onto your phone, by its very nature, is NOT OTA.

mah
    Quote Originally Posted by Demiurge View Post
    What OTA was that, exactly?
    The N1 had an OTA a few weeks after its release. This was from 2.1 to 2.1-update1, as I would have hoped would have been understood by my statement "when the first OTA was made available a few weeks after release".

I maintain my position: these "OTA updates" people are talking about were just to a select few, mainly Google employees and the press version of the N1. There has not been, to date, ANY OTA update for the general public on the N1, at least in regards to going to 2.2. These "OTA updates" being talked about by forum users are not OTA. Going to a website, downloading a file, and then flashing that file onto your phone, by its very nature, is NOT OTA.
    You're correct; noone has disputed this (excluding the single and not-so-believable post claiming to have received a Froyo OTA).

Quote Originally Posted by colinsteadman View Post
    I'm using a Vodafone supplied N1 on contract.

1) Will I get the OTA update at the same time as others who bought the phone from Google?
    2) Will the update be deployed through the applications application, ie will I update the OS in the same way I update the other apps on my phone?

Thanks.
    1. I'm on Vodafone Uk too, and as I understand it, we should get the OTA at roughly the same time (perhaps a little later) as our 'pardners' the other side of the pond. I read that the update is issued in order by IMEI numbers. that indicates to me that the US released nexus's will get it first, with UK following close behind.

2. The OTA update should come through the 'system update' in settings. Go to: settings ---> About phone ----> system updates.

i dont understand why people lie about the smallest and stupidest things. for the person who said that they got the frf83 from 2.1 update 1, i highly doubt that. what benefit do these people get from posting this information. guess they're just trolls

Page 5 of 21 FirstFirst ... 3456715 ... LastLast

Remove Ads

http://www.scramblerducati.org/

Sponsored Links