Whose got the Official OTA of 2.2?

This is a discussion on Whose got the Official OTA of 2.2? within the Nexus One forums, part of the Google Phones category; I don't think the OTA has anything to do with carrier (except where the hardware is at issue, such as Tmo vs. AT&T GSM differences). ...

Page 6 of 21 FirstFirst ... 4567816 ... LastLast

Thread: Whose got the Official OTA of 2.2?

mah
    I don't think the OTA has anything to do with carrier (except where the hardware is at issue, such as Tmo vs. AT&T GSM differences). I have an N1 that's never had a SIM in it... it's used as a development device only. I have it on my local LAN, and it received the first (2.1-update1) OTA automatically.

Interesting, I was wondering about just that issue. Since I am on Telus who do not officially support the phone, if I was to wait for the "carrier" to push the update I suspect I'd be waiting forever...

I haven't received it yet. I live in Costa Rica and I have the AT&T N1 version.

Heya
    I'm in vancouver, bc, canada... been refreshin for the last 30 hours, I'm not usin a simcard... my build number is EPE54B, nuttin yet... i even forced checked for updates... to do so...
    Dial : *#*#checkin#*#* or *#*#2432546#*#*

Hey!

1. Country : Portugal
    2. Carrier: TMN
    2. Nexus One: Stock / Unrooted
    3. Firmware version: 2.1-update1
    4. Build number: EPF21B
    5. Current status: No OTA

Cheers!

You know... I have Tmobile with build number ERE27... should or will I get the newest updates to Android 2.2? Or do I need to update to atleast ERE50/ERE72 or whatever that is floating around manually? I have been waiting in what feels like forever (like everyone else) and still nothing. I have even checked the server every few times a day and nothing. want Froyo but I would prefer OTA just so I don't screw anything up... its just will I ever get it?

Amazing - 60 posts to say nothing has happened yet.

Google has not sent out the Android 2.2 (Froyo) OTA update yet. Everyone will get it when they get it. It could be a few days from now or several weeks. Nobody knows.

There is nothing you need to do to your phone. When the update is released, there will be a notification at the top of the phone saying "update available." Accept it and Voila!

I thought it had been released. When I do the system update thing, it says my phone is up to date. The major sites don't seem to mentioning an update. If it's been released that alone seems strange.
    :nexusx: Serious Android Fan :nexusx:

Don't see anything in a newer phone that gives me a temptation to leave my Nexus One!

I don't think it's been officially released for OTA updates yet. The official Google blog on 06/23/10 states "...we are open-sourcing the new 2.2 version of Android, which we call Froyo, to our partners who manufacture Android devices around the world." Open-sourcing to the manufacturers is all that's mentioned. Nowhere does it say that it's been officially released for any devices yet.

Official Google Blog: Celebrating Android

Everyone who has their panties in a bunch over 2.2 needs to chill out for a little bit longer.

so much for "in the next few weeks"...

Page 6 of 21 FirstFirst ... 4567816 ... LastLast

Remove Ads

http://www.scramblerducati.org/

Sponsored Links