Whose got the Official OTA of 2.2?

This is a discussion on Whose got the Official OTA of 2.2? within the Nexus One forums, part of the Google Phones category; Looks real to me...

Page 8 of 21 FirstFirst ... 67891018 ... LastLast

Thread: Whose got the Official OTA of 2.2?

Looks real to me

You guys think Google will just spread the 2.2 update OTA without saying a word about it first? Just hold on to your horses and wait for an official word from Google. We're not dealing with an amateur company here.

Sent from my Nexus One using Tapatalk

Other phones will make fun of your virgin phone. Then your virgin phone will feel ugly and fat. It will have self esteem issues and start to hang around iPhones. Then it will end up in a dark drawer next to a dirty iPod and a whole lot of regrets. Is this want you want WERA!!
    For the love of God and your Nexus One. Root it!!!:rofl3::rofl3::rofl3:

Super Moderator AndroidIsTheTruth's Avatar
    At this point it don't really matter anymore when it's released, but regardless, Google fumbled badly on this release. To many crossed communication, to many leaked beta and to many uninformed bloggers putting out false information. 10 people in the world get the OTA and then we wonder if the validity of the release is real. Now there's talk about server maintenance on Google Forum and it might be another week or two and then having Nexus support giving different information on release of T Mobile and AT&T build.

There's not solid information coming from anywhere with Google. Soon, becomes, shortly, to in the next couple of day, to any time now. Android and Nexus One owners have every right to be upset about this poorly release of one of the most anticipated release of an OS other than iOS. I'm not going to say Google shot themselves in the foot. But they were excited to start the release of Froyo and this is what happened

[ame=http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=BaKaNQXJff0&feature=related]YouTube - Peter falls!![/ame]
    Androidfied.

Hear, Hear, or if you're from the other school of thought, Here, Here. Both ways have followers.

Like I've said before, I don't know. Maybe I should ask my 11 year old grand-daughter. She thinks she knows everything.

I do not understand the Google silence on this OTA issue. I can understand the Google server issue, but not that it will take a week or more to fix. With the normal redundancy policy, that just doesn't fly.
    :nexusx: Serious Android Fan :nexusx:

Don't see anything in a newer phone that gives me a temptation to leave my Nexus One!

Yeap, still waiting here.

The plot thickens...

(From AndroidGuys)
    Google Still Testing Froyo Builds; FRF83 Not Final Release
    Posted by: Chuck Falzone
    JUNE 26, 2010

Photo: Niall Kennedy
    Despite other sites' declarations that the Froyo build that starting going out a a few Nexus One owners last week, FRF83, was the final release build, AndroidGuys can confirm that Froyo for the Nexus One is still in testing and not yet in wide release.

A couple clues did point to FRF83 being the final release version: protected apps were visible in the Market to FRF83 users, and it started going out the same day the Froyo code was dropped into the Android Open Source Project. But it didn't quite add up to us: for one thing, why would Google not acknowledge the release with an announcement of some kind?

Today, a source inside Google let us know that Froyo builds for the Nexus One are still in testing, and that at least one build numbered higher than FRF83 has been OTA'd to a small testing group.

The pace of these releases--this one just a few days after the last--and the fact that most rough edges have been polished off, lead us to believe that the full release is imminent. My guess is that we'll see the final release version this week. And the source we spoke with is using a Nexus One on AT&T, so there is a possibility that FRF83 is the final build for T-Mobile-tuned Nexus Ones. (The Eclair builds for each version of the Nexus One did have different build numbers.) But take all that with a grain of salt-- it's just our speculation. We'll hold off on confirming anything until we know for sure.
    Come here little sheep; I have a nice juicy apple for you!
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]

Nexus One: Locked and Rooted
    ROM: CM7

One of the users claiming to have received the OTA claimed he was AT&T and stated the OTA was FRF83. That wouldn't be the case if T-Mobile was FRF83 would it? I've been doubting the Froyo OTA had been released.

However I want to be wrong.
    :nexusx: Serious Android Fan :nexusx:

Don't see anything in a newer phone that gives me a temptation to leave my Nexus One!

Super Moderator AndroidIsTheTruth's Avatar
    And even more thicker.

Froyo OTA Finally! - Page 66 - xda-developers

Oh how the world is spinning and spinning.

Now the latest "rumor" build is FRF85B
    Androidfied.

im on tmobile usa
    bought my phone straight out from google last week of may
    got froyo update thursday morning when i woke up for work.
    its 2:06 AM sunday as i post this, so ive had it for a couple days.
    im not rooted or downloaded or hacked or anything like that. phone said system update required when i woke up thursday and now the screen goes into landscape mode if i turn it either direction.

says android version 2.2
    and build number FRF83
    in the about phone section of the setting menu

Page 8 of 21 FirstFirst ... 67891018 ... LastLast

Remove Ads

http://www.scramblerducati.org/

Sponsored Links