Whose got the Official OTA of 2.2?

This is a discussion on Whose got the Official OTA of 2.2? within the Nexus One forums, part of the Google Phones category; Originally Posted by eric1589 im on tmobile usa bought my phone straight out from google last week of may got froyo update thursday morning when ...

Page 9 of 21 FirstFirst ... 789101119 ... LastLast

Thread: Whose got the Official OTA of 2.2?

Quote Originally Posted by eric1589 View Post
    im on tmobile usa
    bought my phone straight out from google last week of may
    got froyo update thursday morning when i woke up for work.
    its 2:06 AM sunday as i post this, so ive had it for a couple days.
    im not rooted or downloaded or hacked or anything like that. phone said system update required when i woke up thursday and now the screen goes into landscape mode if i turn it either direction.

says android version 2.2
    and build number FRF83
    in the about phone section of the setting menu

:/ i am jealous
    i haven't gotten anything

Haven't you guys figured out that no one has the official OTA because it isn't out yet?

When it is finally released it will be announced by Google- you won't have to come to a forum like this to find out- it will be all over Gizmodo and Engadget and similar tech sites.

im on tmobile usa
    bought my phone straight out from google last week of may
    got froyo update thursday morning when i woke up for work.
    its 2:06 AM sunday as i post this, so ive had it for a couple days.
    im not rooted or downloaded or hacked or anything like that. phone said system update required when i woke up thursday and now the screen goes into landscape mode if i turn it either direction.

says android version 2.2
    and build number FRF83
    in the about phone section of the setting menu

i call 100% bs. thanks but other people have already lied about this just like you

here we go!
    Other phones will make fun of your virgin phone. Then your virgin phone will feel ugly and fat. It will have self esteem issues and start to hang around iPhones. Then it will end up in a dark drawer next to a dirty iPod and a whole lot of regrets. Is this want you want WERA!!
    For the love of God and your Nexus One. Root it!!!:rofl3::rofl3::rofl3:

im serious. not lying. i registered on this forum after getting the phone so i could browse for things like most recomended apps and find out how to change the phone around.
    its my first android phone and first smart phone. i came in here looking after the update to see if anyone had any problems or praises about the new update. then i found out not everyone is getting it yet.
    i realise my first post was to say i have it just like some one on the first page didnt believe of someone else; but theres nothing i can do about that except make some more posts....like this one.

i assume they are doing a slow small release and checking for problems before they go with the final release. they have alot of new phones to update.

i just used the mobile hotspot and worked for my desktop and my Gf's laptop.

wifi tethering - Android Forums

im serious. not lying. i registered on this forum after getting the phone so i could browse for things like most recomended apps and find out how to change the phone around.
    its my first android phone and first smart phone. i came in here looking after the update to see if anyone had any problems or praises about the new update. then i found out not everyone is getting it yet.
    i realise my first post was to say i have it just like some one on the first page didnt believe of someone else; but theres nothing i can do about that except make some more posts....like this one.

i assume they are doing a slow small release and checking for problems before they go with the final release. they have alot of new phones to update.
    Hi Eric,

I'm sure no-one intends any offence by not believing what you are saying, it's just that for the past month or two, there has been so much talk and hype, and people giving false info about the froyo OTA updates, that we take news like this with a pinch of salt.

I'm pleased for you that you seem to have froyo already, and the screen rotating in both directions will be a definite plus when i finally get the OTA. However, i was wondering if you could send a screenshot of your system update page, build no etc. that would be a good way of verifying what you are saying

As i stated earlier on this post i to have recieved the ota but i had build frf72 when i got it an now i have frf83 an im sure some of you may think im lyin or whatever but honestly i really dont care cause i have nothin to gain by lyin. I wouldve manually downloaded it anyway if i didnt get so either way i would have it. As far as people wantin screen shots of the update not everyone thinks to go grab a camera when they get an update. Im not tryin to be an asshole or anything im just sayin that not e eryone is lyin about gettin the ota

I think it's entirely possible a few OTA updates exist, as we all know Google OTA servers aren't exactly acting like clockwork in recent weeks. Some are reporting the inability to get update1 on their new units, let alone anything FroYo related...and this was first reported here BEFORE RyGuy said the OTA servers were being tended to...therefore I'm more than willing to accept a report from even a newb member that they indeed received the OTA.
    Proof would be nice to convince the doubters, but there's no onus on those members to 'make' anyone believe them, especially if those making the claim could care less if anyone believes them or not. The threads title asks 'Whose(sp) got the official OTA of 2.2?' and a few who did responded...if you don't believe them, fine...say you don't believe them, but please refrain from calling them liars (and namecalling in general), it's disallowed.

That makes as much sense as anything else I've read. This has been one weird experience - or should I say "lack" of experience. I guess it will happens as it happens.
    :nexusx: Serious Android Fan :nexusx:

Don't see anything in a newer phone that gives me a temptation to leave my Nexus One!

Page 9 of 21 FirstFirst ... 789101119 ... LastLast

Remove Ads

http://www.scramblerducati.org/

Sponsored Links