question on stock browser on FRF83

This is a discussion on question on stock browser on FRF83 within the Nexus One forums, part of the Google Phones category; so when i use the browser and go to a website, and if i then kill the browser using a task killer, everything seems fine. ...

Thread: question on stock browser on FRF83

question on stock browser on FRF83

so when i use the browser and go to a website, and if i then kill the browser using a task killer, everything seems fine. before i had froyo, if i were to open the browser again, it would start at the home screen.

with froyo, if i reopen the browser, it goes to the last page i was on. is anyone else having this issue or know how to fix it to show the home page? also, shouldnt the task killer kill the task?

i dont need any responses saying task killers are not necessary, etc.

2. Android.net is the premier Android Forum. Registered users do not see these ads. .

Personally, I have a bookmark for my home page and I just close all the windows until it's the only one left open or I navigate back to it before closing.

froyo changed the way app are opened or closed, so, if u close all aps with a task killer, all the app will just reopen again, that why Advanced Task Killer changed

Quote Originally Posted by Budske View Post
    froyo changed the way app are opened or closed, so, if u close all aps with a task killer, all the app will just reopen again, that why Advanced Task Killer changed

thanks, but for other apps, it actually closes them and starts fresh, like the facebook app. is that just for the stock browser?

its the cache i think... just close all windows

thanks, just tried clearing cache and still same result. not that big of a deal, guess i'll have to live with it

What works for me is I tap the menu key. Then tap Windows, there is a list of open windows - tap the x of each of them and after the last window is closed, that closes and you are back to your browser on it's home page.

I noticed the same issue with this latest update. Kind of annoying to now have to take extra steps to get to home page.

Remove Ads

http://www.scramblerducati.org/

Sponsored Links