Good - REALISTIC - uses for a spare Nexus One

This is a discussion on Good - REALISTIC - uses for a spare Nexus One within the Nexus One forums, part of the Google Phones category; I had some issues with my Nexus One, so I got a warranty replacement. In the interim though, I picked up a MyTouch 3G slide ...

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
Results 1 to 10 of 15

Thread: Good - REALISTIC - uses for a spare Nexus One

  1. #1
    Junior Member JWhipple's Avatar
    Join Date
    Feb 2010
    Posts
    7

    Good - REALISTIC - uses for a spare Nexus One

    I had some issues with my Nexus One, so I got a warranty replacement. In the interim though, I picked up a MyTouch 3G slide , and to be 10000% Honest, I LOVE IT - more so than then Nexus One!

    I only have 1 line of cellular service, I don't want to sell (or give away - forget it vultures ) the Nexus One, and I'd hate to just have it laying there.

    There's going to be no SIM card in the phone - just WIFI connection at my house.

    With that in mind, if you were me, what good uses could you come up with to keep your Nexus One active and useful ?

    My first thought is Slacker Radio - hook it to some decent speakers and enjoy it that way.

    Any others that you can come up with? Yes - I'm dead serious !

  2. Android.net is the premier Android Forum. Registered users do not see these ads. .

  3. #2
    Android Addict alphawave7's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2011
    Posts
    609
    Thanked
    62 times
    My first reaction, too, is music. Check out subsonic in the market...with wifi, bluetooth and stereo earbuds, your entire music collection is mobile, and accessed via N1 at home, or MT when out and about.

  4. #3
    Member Sweetrice80's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2010
    Posts
    46
    My first reaction was WHATTTTTTTTTT???? Then settled down a bit and thought it be a good piece (expensive) of equipment for music.
    Have not I commanded thee? Be strong and of good courage;be not afraid, neither be thou dismayed: for the Lord thy God is with thee whithersoever thou goest. Joshua 1:9

  5. #4
    Senior Member Gone's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jun 2010
    Posts
    268
    Yeah the mytouch slide is a good phone. I just can't get pass the g-d awful sense/slide ui!

  6. #5
    Senior Member iPhoneSlayer's Avatar
    Join Date
    Feb 2010
    Posts
    1,386
    Quote Originally Posted by Sweetrice80 View Post
    My first reaction was WHATTTTTTTTTT???? Then settled down a bit and thought it be a good piece (expensive) of equipment for music.
    LOL. That was my first reation too.
    Hey, since your N1 is an "extra" phone for you, why don't you root it and try out different roms for it. May be a cool experiment and who knows, you may find it better than before.
    Come here little sheep; I have a nice juicy apple for you!
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]

    Nexus One: Locked and Rooted
    ROM: CM7

  7. #6
    Junior Member JWhipple's Avatar
    Join Date
    Feb 2010
    Posts
    7
    Quote Originally Posted by iPhoneSlayer View Post
    Quote Originally Posted by Sweetrice80 View Post
    My first reaction was WHATTTTTTTTTT???? Then settled down a bit and thought it be a good piece (expensive) of equipment for music.
    LOL. That was my first reation too.
    Hey, since your N1 is an "extra" phone for you, why don't you root it and try out different roms for it. May be a cool experiment and who knows, you may find it better than before.
    First one was rooted, as will this one :-)

    I actually like the slide because of the UI - but even more because of the keyboard... The on-screen keyboard on the N1 was a PITA for me.

  8. #7
    Senior Member iPhoneSlayer's Avatar
    Join Date
    Feb 2010
    Posts
    1,386
    Quote Originally Posted by JWhipple View Post
    Quote Originally Posted by iPhoneSlayer View Post
    Quote Originally Posted by Sweetrice80 View Post
    My first reaction was WHATTTTTTTTTT???? Then settled down a bit and thought it be a good piece (expensive) of equipment for music.
    LOL. That was my first reation too.
    Hey, since your N1 is an "extra" phone for you, why don't you root it and try out different roms for it. May be a cool experiment and who knows, you may find it better than before.
    First one was rooted, as will this one :-)

    I actually like the slide because of the UI - but even more because of the keyboard... The on-screen keyboard on the N1 was a PITA for me.
    Try the Swype Keyboard.
    Come here little sheep; I have a nice juicy apple for you!
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]

    Nexus One: Locked and Rooted
    ROM: CM7

  9. #8
    Junior Member JWhipple's Avatar
    Join Date
    Feb 2010
    Posts
    7
    :
    Quote Originally Posted by iPhoneSlayer View Post
    Quote Originally Posted by JWhipple View Post
    Quote Originally Posted by iPhoneSlayer View Post
    LOL. That was my first reation too.
    Hey, since your N1 is an "extra" phone for you, why don't you root it and try out different roms for it. May be a cool experiment and who knows, you may find it better than before.
    First one was rooted, as will this one :-)

    I actually like the slide because of the UI - but even more because of the keyboard... The on-screen keyboard on the N1 was a PITA for me.
    Try the Swype Keyboard.
    - NOOOOOO - that is NOT an option! Sorry - I'm rather opinionated when it comes to these "draw on the screen" keyboards.

  10. #9
    Senior Member N1David's Avatar
    Join Date
    Feb 2010
    Posts
    866
    Quote Originally Posted by iPhoneSlayer View Post
    Quote Originally Posted by JWhipple View Post
    Quote Originally Posted by iPhoneSlayer View Post
    LOL. That was my first reation too.
    Hey, since your N1 is an "extra" phone for you, why don't you root it and try out different roms for it. May be a cool experiment and who knows, you may find it better than before.
    First one was rooted, as will this one :-)

    I actually like the slide because of the UI - but even more because of the keyboard... The on-screen keyboard on the N1 was a PITA for me.
    Try the Swype Keyboard.
    I started using the Swype keyboard on Tuesday, I love it so far. Except for when the screen get's smudged, then it takes on a mind of it's own.

  11. #10
    Junior Member Roninjinn's Avatar
    Join Date
    May 2010
    Posts
    12
    No reason to keep it for any other purpose if you're not going to use it as a phone. You can sell it and buy a device for half of what you sell it for to use as a much better music 'electronic device', and still have money left over.

    Not wanting to sell it doesn't make sense to me... I would understand if you refused to sell because you had plans to use it for something that would make sense. But to keep it simply to listen to music when you can purchase a device for that purpose for a 1/3 of what you will get if you sold it... just doesn't make sense. That's like purchasing a car and saying you just want to keep it in your driveway so you can honk the horn and play the stereo every once in a while, but you won't ever drive it. Why do that when you could sell the car, purchase a stereo and a horn for a small portion of the money you sell the car for, and keep the extra cash.

    Just doesn't make any type of logical sense to me.

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Remove Ads

http://www.scramblerducati.org/

Sponsored Links

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •  
Android Forum