3G issue in Portland, OR or is it a FRF83 issue?

This is a discussion on 3G issue in Portland, OR or is it a FRF83 issue? within the Nexus One forums, part of the Google Phones category; I updated to FRF83 today (manually) and oddly enough I cannot get a data connection via 3G. Full bars of signal and the Up and ...

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: 3G issue in Portland, OR or is it a FRF83 issue?

3G issue in Portland, OR or is it a FRF83 issue?

I updated to FRF83 today (manually) and oddly enough I cannot get a data connection via 3G. Full bars of signal and the Up and Down arrows blink but I cannot connect to any data source. No email, no web, etc.

If I manually force Edge only I can connect to everything with no issues.

Coincidence or FRF83?

I've been from Troutdale or Hillsboro today and it was the same everywhere I went.

Neil

2. Android.net is the premier Android Forum. Registered users do not see these ads. .

I'm in Aloha and have had no 3g issues. I'm still on FRF50 so maybe it is something to do with the upgrade.

Quote Originally Posted by Lost Dog View Post
    I updated to FRF83 today (manually) and oddly enough I cannot get a data connection via 3G. Full bars of signal and the Up and Down arrows blink but I cannot connect to any data source. No email, no web, etc.

Coincidence or FRF83?

I've been from Troutdale or Hillsboro today and it was the same everywhere I went.

Neil
    Turn your phone off, wait a few minutes, and turn it back on. See if that helps.
    Come here little sheep; I have a nice juicy apple for you!
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]

Nexus One: Locked and Rooted
    ROM: CM7

Quote Originally Posted by iPhoneSlayer View Post
    Quote Originally Posted by Lost Dog View Post

Coincidence or FRF83?

Neil
    Turn your phone off, wait a few minutes, and turn it back on. See if that helps.
    I gave that a try and no 3G love for me... I may have to drop my version down.

Same 3G issue seen

Updated to FRF83, but I have no data connection now, as was mentioned in this thread.

I'm assuming you are T-Mobile.

No AT&T 3G problems along 26 between Streets of Tanasbourne and Bethany.

AT&T ne:nexusx:us S on AT&T
    AT&T ne:nexusx:us one on Taiwan Mobile [Missing in Taipei]
    Archos 70 with UrukDroid

If you're on T-Mobile, I'm thinking they are doing some preparations for their higher speed rollout. I didn't do anything to my phone today and I had little to no service for most of the morning. The service I had was E, something I have never seen on my N1 as I am in a solid 3G area. I was about to drive to the T-Mobile store (because calling would have been out of the question) when all of a sudden it cleared up and I've been on 3G ever since.

As I said, I did nothing at all unusual yet had the same issues today. Hopefully it will spontaneously clear up for each of you as it did for me.

Same 3G issue seen

Thanks for the updates. Now most of the time showing no data connection, not even E.

As an E connection, I could get data, but never with 3G.

On the way to work this morning (in Phoenix) my 3g was great and I was streaming away on my frf73. Updated to frf82 and on the way back I couldn't pick up a 3g signal to save my life (or stream music for that matter). Would temporarily go to 3g and smack back down to useless edge. Anyone else having issues in Phoenix or am I the only one that is getting screwed?

There are some people on the xda forum that have had the same issue (if I read correctly, someone overseas experienced it as well).

I think this may be just a big coincidence with FRF83. My 3G has magically started working again.

I just did a speed test (Troutdale, OR) and I'm 612kbps down and 418kbps up.

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Remove Ads

http://www.scramblerducati.org/

Sponsored Links