People with AT&T Nexus 1 Please Read

This is a discussion on People with AT&T Nexus 1 Please Read within the Nexus One forums, part of the Google Phones category; Originally Posted by sirrx7 Why are you guys blaming AT&T? Don't get me wrong. The way they handle Android is B.S. but the last time ...

Page 3 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast
Results 21 to 30 of 40

Thread: People with AT&T Nexus 1 Please Read

  1. #21
    Member Demiurge's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jun 2010
    Posts
    54
    Quote Originally Posted by sirrx7 View Post
    Why are you guys blaming AT&T?
    Don't get me wrong. The way they handle Android is B.S. but the last time I checked, those of us on AT&T paid full price for our phones so that we didn't have to deal with the B.S.
    If they in fact do let AT&T rape the AT&T N1 Froyo the fault lies only on Google. They are the ones that make the decision to crap on their loyal supporters in favor of the carrier.
    Keep in mind Google released the AT&T N1 unannounced and unsupported by AT&T. It was actually released in spite of AT&T but now since the web store is going bye bye they want to kiss AT&T's ass so that they'll carry the Nexus One. Crippled of course just like every other Android phone they have.
    Damn, the more I type the angrier I'm getting. I am completely livid over this even though there has been no confirmation. Unfortunately Ive been suspicious of this for some time now and have been bringing it up on Google's N1 support Forum. Of course Google never responded. Their silence spoke quite loudly. I'll say here what I said in the support forum... If Google does this they had better refund my money because I bought a phone with no ties or connections to AT&T. All I want is to use it on their network and thats what I pay them for.

    OK I gotta breath now...
    Not trying to pick a fight here, and I'm probably newer to Android, the Nexus One, and this forum than you, but I just have to ask: What evidence is there to support any of that? Maybe I'm just not aware, so please clue me in.
    What OTA updates were pushed out for devices on other carriers? I'm aware of some leaks that were upgrades to builds other than AT&T (54B). But those aren't true OTA updates; they're leaked builds. Unless, of course, there was a true OTA update for T-Mo, and not for AT&T.
    What evidence supports the theory that Google is caving in to AT&T?
    What evidence supports the theory that AT&T will offer the Nexus One subsidized, enabling them to cripple the OS and load bloatware?
    Quote Originally Posted by WERA689 View Post
    Ya know...this has no more validity at this time than any of the other rampant rumors surrounding FroYo. "My cousin's niece's friend's brother knows a guy that works at TMo, and his friend's sister's brother-in-law works for Google, and he says...blah, blah, blah" so it MUST be true.

    And Lo, the people were offended. And lo, the people rebelled en masse, flooding the interwebz, proclaiming Google and AT&T as the central devils of the universe, resulting in the end of the world as we know it; for now and for all future generations. So it is said. So shall it be done. Hallelujah.
    Amen, man. A-freakin-men. Everyone wants to quickly dismiss anyone reporting they recieved the OTA for 54B to 83, but most of that same lot quickly believes ONE guy claiming to have talked to ONE rep (and we all know how knowledgeable those reps can be...).

  2. #22
    Junior Member Beer Goggles's Avatar
    Join Date
    May 2011
    Posts
    2
    The "AT&T Nexus One" is used all over the world, just like the AT&T iPhone.

  3. #23
    Super Moderator AndroidIsTheTruth's Avatar
    Join Date
    Feb 2012
    Posts
    8
    Thanked
    10 times
    Quote Originally Posted by WERA689 View Post
    Ya know...this has no more validity at this time than any of the other rampant rumors surrounding FroYo. "My cousin's niece's friend's brother knows a guy that works at TMo, and his friend's sister's brother-in-law works for Google, and he says...blah, blah, blah" so it MUST be true.

    And Lo, the people were offended. And lo, the people rebelled en masse, flooding the interwebz, proclaiming Google and AT&T as the central devils of the universe, resulting in the end of the world as we know it; for now and for all future generations. So it is said. So shall it be done. Hallelujah.

    You know I'd probably wouldn't cared had this not come directly from a Nexus One support rep and twice I been told now that there's no info on if AT&T build will roll out with T-Mobile. I really don't have time to be spreading rumors. I'm simply passing on information that was giving to me twice from Nexus One Google support. Twice I gave them my IMEI and twice they said they don't know when.

    No one is forced to believe and I'm not saying I entirely belive them. But somewhere in the midst of all this screwed mislead and misplace information is uninformed customer with uninformed information. So when a corporation fails to give people better accurate information, the rumors start to pop up, the false blogs begin to get publish and the left foot don't know what right foot is walking.
    Androidfied.

  4. #24
    Junior Member sirrx7's Avatar
    Join Date
    May 2010
    Location
    Pensacola, Fl.
    Posts
    24
    Quote Originally Posted by Demiurge View Post
    Not trying to pick a fight here, and I'm probably newer to Android, the Nexus One, and this forum than you, but I just have to ask: What evidence is there to support any of that? Maybe I'm just not aware, so please clue me in.
    What OTA updates were pushed out for devices on other carriers? I'm aware of some leaks that were upgrades to builds other than AT&T (54B). But those aren't true OTA updates; they're leaked builds. Unless, of course, there was a true OTA update for T-Mo, and not for AT&T.
    What evidence supports the theory that Google is caving in to AT&T?
    What evidence supports the theory that AT&T will offer the Nexus One subsidized, enabling them to cripple the OS and load bloatware?
    You're absolutely right. There has been no confirmation and Google has not made an announcement to substantiate any of those claims put out.
    That right there worries me and many others. I'm fairly certain that Google knows that this has become a hot topic among AT&T N1 owners and concern is setting in. If these claims were false wouldn't Google just have someone go on the support forum and tell AT&T users to just calm down. How difficult can that possibly be...?
    To all AT&T users, relax. N1 is N1. You'll all get the same exact love as T-Mobile users.
    That wasn't very difficult. Why can't or won't they do the same?

  5. #25
    Junior Member Cozmo85's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jun 2010
    Posts
    8
    I think its pretty silly to worry about any of this until atleast one phone gets the update.

  6. #26
    Junior Member Beer Goggles's Avatar
    Join Date
    May 2011
    Posts
    2
    Quote Originally Posted by Cozmo85 View Post
    I think its pretty silly to worry about any of this until atleast one phone gets the update.
    I think that you're missing the point: NO AT&T phone has received the update.... that's the point.

  7. #27
    Administrator WERA689's Avatar
    Join Date
    Dec 2009
    Location
    Metro Atlanta
    Posts
    2,418
    Thanked
    55 times
    Quote Originally Posted by Beer Goggles View Post
    Quote Originally Posted by Cozmo85 View Post
    I think its pretty silly to worry about any of this until atleast one phone gets the update.
    I think that you're missing the point: NO AT&T phone has received the update.... that's the point.

    And no stock, un-leak-equipped TMo N1 has either. Just sayin'

  8. #28
    Member Demiurge's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jun 2010
    Posts
    54
    Quote Originally Posted by WERA689 View Post
    Quote Originally Posted by Beer Goggles View Post
    Quote Originally Posted by Cozmo85 View Post
    I think its pretty silly to worry about any of this until atleast one phone gets the update.
    I think that you're missing the point: NO AT&T phone has received the update.... that's the point.
    And no stock, un-leak-equipped TMo N1 has either. Just sayin'
    There you go with that "logic" again. My God man, how can you sleep at night?




    Sent from my Sexy Nexy, courtesy of the fine developers of Tapatalk

  9. #29
    Junior Member ot86's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jun 2010
    Posts
    1
    I have the AT&T N1 running on Rogers Wireless. I couldn't wait so I upgraded to froyo following these instructions on XDA.
    Froyo is absolutely awesome. 3G is working without any issues on Rogers.
    Flash is awesome in the browser. I was watching a TV show on Megavideo, and it was streaming beautifully. The flash even allowed fullscreen!
    I still haven't found any issues after the upgrade.

  10. #30
    Member demonte21's Avatar
    Join Date
    Apr 2010
    Posts
    41
    Same here... Got the ATT, was on Rogers (cause I just swap for Bell 2 days ago!) and everything run smoothly... no problem with radio or 3G.
    Of course.. you need to unlock the bootloader to proceed!

Page 3 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast

Remove Ads

http://www.scramblerducati.org/

Sponsored Links

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •  
Android Forum