People with AT&T Nexus 1 Please Read

This is a discussion on People with AT&T Nexus 1 Please Read within the Nexus One forums, part of the Google Phones category; Did everyone see the post on Android Guys this AM? Google Still Testing Froyo Builds; FRF83 Not Final Release The interesting thing for me was ...

Page 4 of 4 FirstFirst ... 234

Thread: People with AT&T Nexus 1 Please Read

Did everyone see the post on Android Guys this AM?

Google Still Testing Froyo Builds; FRF83 Not Final Release

The interesting thing for me was down toward the bottom ... " And the source we spoke with is using a Nexus One on AT&T, ".

That tells me that at least ONE person at Google is testing with an AT&T phone. They probably get lousy reception on the Google campus since there is a T-Mobile mobile tower in the parking lot, but at least SOMEONE is testing a Froyo AT&T Build!
    :nexusx:

AT&T ne:nexusx:us S on AT&T
    AT&T ne:nexusx:us one on Taiwan Mobile [Missing in Taipei]
    Archos 70 with UrukDroid

[QUOTE=AndroidIsTheTruth;59995]First off, let me apologize about another 2.2 thread in advance, but I truly believe this warrants it's own thread. I decided to call Nexus 888 486 -3987 and talked to tech support opt 2. I talked to Jay and gave him my IMEI number and he verified AT&T build.

I asked about the release of 2.2 and the only answer was that it was going to be released shortly in the next couple of days, HOWEVER seeing the build that I had for AT&T, it's very well possible that it may, get this, not be coming till later in the YEAR.

Now that could mean anything, it could just be a broad scope cause they don't know, but it seriously explain why no AT&T build beta has been floating around.

I sat on the phone quiet for a second and said damn that really sucks. He said he understand but you asked and this is the information that was given.

I'm devasted. I will rooting my phone. There's no way in hell I'm gonna be waiting for some later in the year notion. I'm really pissed in so many way truth be told.[/QUOTE
    +1 hey goog no evil

Hi All,

Okay well I never lived in America nor do I know much of your carriers sorry for being ignorant right now I am in Kuwait with Eclair 2.1 on my Nexus One. I have EPE54B build now I heard this is AT&T so you say there is no OTA . So can I root this phone with the avaliable update because I know the manual one out is the T-Mobile version.

Thanks all :D

Actually my warranty lasts for only a month what about you guys? Thats probably because the dealer I bought it from has to pay a lot more to send my phone to the US to repair lol.

Talking

Quote Originally Posted by Beer Goggles View Post
    Quote Originally Posted by Cozmo85 View Post
    I think its pretty silly to worry about any of this until atleast one phone gets the update.
    I think that you're missing the point: NO AT&T phone has received the update.... that's the point.
    No one has believed me But I did receive the OTA on my Stock ATT N1 a few nights ago.
    I have not noticed a big change in my 3g coverage but I live in Jacksonville FL and 3g was already pretty good. I did have problems with my contacts after the upgrade. When I would bring up my contacts I would only see updating, After waiting 30min for it to update it took three reboots of the phone to get them to show. I havent noticed a significant change in battery life, I still barely get a full days use before it dies. I only tried the portable WI-FI hotspot once but I was unable to connect to my laptop using WPA2 Security had to leave the security as open. I havent noticed any great speed improvement at but a few apps seem to be crashing a bit more, Facebook mostly.
    You all can hate on me again and call me a troll but I could care less. I joined this forum before I bought me phone about a month ago just to get reviews and find out any problems with the phone before I bought mine just a few weeks ago.

Quote Originally Posted by bones View Post
    Quote Originally Posted by Beer Goggles View Post
    Quote Originally Posted by Cozmo85 View Post
    I think its pretty silly to worry about any of this until atleast one phone gets the update.
    I think that you're missing the point: NO AT&T phone has received the update.... that's the point.
    No one has believed me But I did receive the OTA on my Stock ATT N1 a few nights ago.
    I have not noticed a big change in my 3g coverage but I live in Jacksonville FL and 3g was already pretty good. I did have problems with my contacts after the upgrade. When I would bring up my contacts I would only see updating, After waiting 30min for it to update it took three reboots of the phone to get them to show. I havent noticed a significant change in battery life, I still barely get a full days use before it dies. I only tried the portable WI-FI hotspot once but I was unable to connect to my laptop using WPA2 Security had to leave the security as open. I havent noticed any great speed improvement at but a few apps seem to be crashing a bit more, Facebook mostly.
    You all can hate on me again and call me a troll but I could care less. I joined this forum before I bought me phone about a month ago just to get reviews and find out any problems with the phone before I bought mine just a few weeks ago.
    what version did you get? can we have a picture?

Just saw this article that seems to explain a lot of the confusion. It appears that some people recieved the OTA, then Google stopped. The video on the page shows proof that someone on an AT&T N1 got the update, and is not rooted.

Yes, Google started rolling out Froyo. Here's the proof - Computerworld Blogs

Quote Originally Posted by Gwhiz2k View Post
    Just saw this article that seems to explain a lot of the confusion. It appears that some people recieved the OTA, then Google stopped. The video on the page shows proof that someone on an AT&T N1 got the update, and is not rooted.

Yes, Google started rolling out Froyo. Here's the proof - Computerworld Blogs
    That just said it all thank you!!!

Hope Google really fixes it in 1-2 weeks , I cant understand why such a good company like google takes so long to do things I understand they just started this project but still

But google you still rock :D :iphone:

Quote Originally Posted by rahulras1993 View Post
    I cant understand why such a good company like google takes so long to do things I understand they just started this project but still
    I think you'd better do some research into how often Google has been bringing out updates. If it was any other company you'd be waiting another 6 months for 2.2.

Quote Originally Posted by Evman View Post
    Quote Originally Posted by rahulras1993 View Post
    I cant understand why such a good company like google takes so long to do things I understand they just started this project but still
    I think you'd better do some research into how often Google has been bringing out updates. If it was any other company you'd be waiting another 6 months for 2.2.

I dint mean to say anything bad about Google mate but what I was just saying is surely they have backup servers you think if their main google server goes down do they just say "We will be back shortly, we are having server issues" most of the people would go crazy :rofl3: God forbid that to happen!

Anyway point is probably they have 2-3 servers as backup for the OTA but as people on the original google forum say "Its probably a bug that they are hiding"

And yes I know HTC isnt updating either!! They were really slow for the Hero etc. to get to 2.1

I dont mean to be a smart guy or something and get in your way sorry if you feel like that it was just a suggestion no hard feelings

Page 4 of 4 FirstFirst ... 234

Remove Ads

http://www.scramblerducati.org/

Sponsored Links