People with AT&T Nexus 1 Please Read

This is a discussion on People with AT&T Nexus 1 Please Read within the Nexus One forums, part of the Google Phones category; First off, let me apologize about another 2.2 thread in advance, but I truly believe this warrants it's own thread. I decided to call Nexus ...

Page 1 of 4 123 ... LastLast

Thread: People with AT&T Nexus 1 Please Read

Super Moderator AndroidIsTheTruth's Avatar

People with AT&T Nexus 1 Please Read

First off, let me apologize about another 2.2 thread in advance, but I truly believe this warrants it's own thread. I decided to call Nexus 888 486 -3987 and talked to tech support opt 2. I talked to Jay and gave him my IMEI number and he verified AT&T build.

I asked about the release of 2.2 and the only answer was that it was going to be released shortly in the next couple of days, HOWEVER seeing the build that I had for AT&T, it's very well possible that it may, get this, not be coming till later in the YEAR.

Now that could mean anything, it could just be a broad scope cause they don't know, but it seriously explain why no AT&T build beta has been floating around.

I sat on the phone quiet for a second and said damn that really sucks. He said he understand but you asked and this is the information that was given.

I'm devasted. I will rooting my phone. There's no way in hell I'm gonna be waiting for some later in the year notion. I'm really pissed in so many way truth be told.
    Androidfied.

2. Android.net is the premier Android Forum. Registered users do not see these ads. .

Can someone please provide the proper link to do a bootload unlock for AT&T to be able to install the 2.2 and continue to have the 3g service please? I'm not sure which one to use correctly. I'm nervous about rooting.

Thanks.
    Androidfied.

customer service reps always make mistakes... that may be the problem. no need to panic this early.

Quote Originally Posted by antikryst View Post
    customer service reps always make mistakes... that may be the problem. no need to panic this early.

True, I just find it odd that he made very sure to point that out to me about the AT&T build when he looked up my IMEI number cause I never had the chance to ask about AT&T, he just said however AT&T blah blah blah later in the year no expected date.
    Androidfied.

I had the EPE54B build here in Australia but figured out last night that the build wont be getting froyo for some time. As a result I rooted mine and went to FRF50 and am now waiting on the OTA update.

For those wanting to do the same it took me a few hours but went step by step from here. Firstly "How To: Root the Nexus One" and then "How To: Load a Custom ROM on the Nexus One"

bummer dude. Oh well. I guess I'll have to make due with 2.1 till the end of the year. I don't know if I can make it! /sarcasm/ I thought it may be different with the AT&T build.

They should be nicer to us AT&T folk b/c we forked out a lot of cash for these phones.

AT&T sucks that is all there is to it. I am the only T-Mobile owner in my family, the others go with Sprint (I hate their voice mail prompts), the other AT&T and she lives in Oregon and every call is a dropped call, no matter where she is, or who called her, every call is a dropped call and a re-dial is involved.

Quote Originally Posted by AndroidIsTheTruth View Post
    I'm devasted. I will rooting my phone. There's no way in hell I'm gonna be waiting for some later in the year notion. I'm really pissed in so many way truth be told.
    Man if what the rep is saying is true, that SUCKS. I have AT&T version too and this just makes me angry. I have a feeling it might have to do with tethering. AT&T already blocks any tethering app on the market.
    However, I would hold off about the rooting if you're nervous until the official OTA is pushed. Wait and see if it's really only the tmobile that gets it or not.

wait another day or 2 for the Cyan or Enom froyo release, be better than the other regular releases that are still unsure to be patches or what....
    Cyan and Enom will be building from the source code, not the patches.
    Nexus One and luvin it
    Rooted 5/6/2010
    Enomther 2.10.1 Froyo Release

Yeah the shock value has worn off so I'm good. Just got excited bout the release then hit with a bomb shell calling google and being told what was told.
    Androidfied.

Page 1 of 4 123 ... LastLast

Remove Ads

http://www.scramblerducati.org/

Sponsored Links