Screen Cracking Issues

This is a discussion on Screen Cracking Issues within the Nexus One forums, part of the Google Phones category; Hello everybody, I just ordered my AT&T Nexus One from Google today and it is expected to get here tomorrow. I have heard a lot ...

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Screen Cracking Issues

Screen Cracking Issues

Hello everybody,

I just ordered my AT&T Nexus One from Google today and it is expected to get here tomorrow. I have heard a lot of disconcerting things regarding the inside of the screen cracking on its own even when users are very careful with their Nexus One.

Has anyone experienced troubles with the screen cracking without even dropping the phone? I am very careful with my smartphones (I am switching over from an iPhone 3GS) and I don't ever drop them, but I do carry my iPhone in my front pocket.

Is my screen in danger and should I return the phone before the screen even has a chance to crack?

2. Android.net is the premier Android Forum. Registered users do not see these ads. .

I've had no such troubles, but if you're worried: SquareTrade Warranties

Thanks for the tip. That is a pretty steep price for a warranty, though.

Has anyone else experienced problems with their screen cracking?

Quote Originally Posted by rscastle View Post

Remarkably, I cannot recall a warrantied random screen cracking ..most are non-warranty 'abuse' (sitting on/dropping the phone). Now my wife's TMO Dash..those were cracking without any user abuse. HTC honored warranty on those, in most cases.

Quote Originally Posted by alphawave7 View Post

Remarkably, I cannot recall a warrantied random screen cracking ..most are non-warranty 'abuse' (sitting on/dropping the phone). Now my wife's TMO Dash..those were cracking without any user abuse. HTC honored warranty on those, in most cases.
    From what I have read, the Nexus Ones have had this cracking issue without any user abuse, but HTC has failed to honor the warranty. I am extremely afraid of that, especially since I am investing a lot ($529) in this phone to begin with.

Grab a hard gel skin for it. It protects the phone and makes it less flexible in pockets.
    $2 on Ebay.

I bought this one and I love it! Couldn't believe how nice quality it was for the price.

Clear rubber case cover for htc google nexus one +film on eBay.ca (item 260624108564 end time 25-Jun-10 15:57:51 EDT)

Quote Originally Posted by alphawave7 View Post

From what I have read, the Nexus Ones have had this cracking issue without any user abuse, but HTC has failed to honor the warranty. I am extremely afraid of that, especially since I am investing a lot ($529) in this phone to begin with.
    If it indeed concerns you, I believe additional insurance is your best option.

I'm wondering where you heard of Nexus One screens cracking without some cause.

When I search for crack on here, I only see a couple of cases. Those seem to be people that dropped their phone on a very hard surface.

I've been reading this forum since it started and I don't really remember a single case of spontaneous cracking.

Not to say the Nexus One is perfect at all, but that's not one of the issues I remember. Am I forgetting something?

I've dropped mine a couple of times in the silicon skin. It hasn't cracked yet. Of course, I'm pretty good at getting my foot under it on the way down. Something I learned when handling glass bottles.
    :nexusx:

AT&T ne:nexusx:us S on AT&T
    AT&T ne:nexusx:us one on Taiwan Mobile [Missing in Taipei]
    Archos 70 with UrukDroid

Quote Originally Posted by kevindaledavis View Post

When I search for crack on here, I only see a couple of cases. Those seem to be people that dropped their phone on a very hard surface.

I've been reading this forum since it started and I don't really remember a single case of spontaneous cracking.

Not to say the Nexus One is perfect at all, but that's not one of the issues I remember. Am I forgetting something?

I've dropped mine a couple of times in the silicon skin. It hasn't cracked yet. Of course, I'm pretty good at getting my foot under it on the way down. Something I learned when handling glass bottles.
    Valid point Kevin...I drop mine at least several times a week, but inside the BUILT Hoodie and neoprene sleeve. Fully protected. Still, spontaneous cracking like the Dash would appear even in these protected drops. I can't even begin to imagine how many total drops since January 6th...but if I had a dime....

Quote Originally Posted by kevindaledavis View Post

It sounds like I just need an awesome case and I should be fine. BTW, if you do a google search for "nexus one screen cracking", you should see the things I was seeing.

Can anybody recommend me a really good case? I have a Speck case that I love for my iPhone, but unfortunately, they don't make Nexus One cases. I have looked at the Innocase II and it looks pretty solid. Any suggestions?

I am really pumped for this phone, and I am going to take an optimistic outlook. Many people said there were widespread issues with the iPhone, but I never experienced any of them so hopefully it will be the same with the Nexus.

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Remove Ads

http://www.scramblerducati.org/

Sponsored Links