Fun while it lasted...

This is a discussion on Fun while it lasted... within the Nexus One forums, part of the Google Phones category; That's very interesting since the standard complaint most people have about the iPhone is the fact the call quality is horrible and it drops calls ...

Page 3 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast

Thread: Fun while it lasted...

That's very interesting since the standard complaint most people have about the iPhone is the fact the call quality is horrible and it drops calls left and right. Hopefully the iPhone4 fixed this.

I think the Nexus One is 100 hundred times better for the phone part but lacks in a lot of other areas. Mostly the Nexus is just too buggy and too many weird little quirks need to still be worked out. Hopefully Froyo fixed this but the way it's going we might never find out!

Quote Originally Posted by kmacks27 View Post
    Quote Originally Posted by pricej636 View Post
    I have the iphone 4 been using it since the 23rd. I havent seen much difference in antenna fluctuation. Overall I like the iphone 4 wife has one to that is one of my reasons for selling my N1.
    Awesome, good to hear. I'm not expecting to hear many good things about going back to apple on this forum, so you guys can flame away all you want
    Glad to hear obviously your a N1 flammer isnt that why your a member of this site? Wo cares I like trying new electronics out and ill probly get bored with the Iphone 4 and sell it soon anyway. It's people like you who ruin forum sites with negative posts. Who gives a #@#%. if you don't have anything to say nice keep your mouth shut and fingers off the keyboard. :rofl3:
    Way to screw up a perfectly good thread man. I never said anything bad about the phone or the platform, just shared my experiences. I even said it was probably just my device, obviously so as others haven't had the same issues as I have. I am a member of the site because I owned the phone, and there are several people here that are level headed enough to carry on an intelligent conversation. The key point here is that we are all cell phone junkies, regardless of the platform.

Might as well lock this thing down. I see no reason to continue at this point.
    Jason
    Nexus One

Awesome, good to hear. I'm not expecting to hear many good things about going back to apple on this forum, so you guys can flame away all you want
    Glad to hear obviously your a N1 flammer isnt that why your a member of this site? Wo cares I like trying new electronics out and ill probly get bored with the Iphone 4 and sell it soon anyway. It's people like you who ruin forum sites with negative posts. Who gives a #@#%. if you don't have anything to say nice keep your mouth shut and fingers off the keyboard. :rofl3:
    Way to screw up a perfectly good thread man. I never said anything bad about the phone or the platform, just shared my experiences. I even said it was probably just my device, obviously so as others haven't had the same issues as I have. I am a member of the site because I owned the phone, and there are several people here that are level headed enough to carry on an intelligent conversation. The key point here is that we are all cell phone junkies, regardless of the platform.

Erm, I think he was flaming away as you asked, and uhm, joking. The little guy rolling around laughing kinda gave it away.

Quote Originally Posted by Demiurge View Post

Erm, I think he was flaming away as you asked, and uhm, joking. The little guy rolling around laughing kinda gave it away.
    Can't we all just get along ? N1 flammers and Iphone flammers LOL

Quote Originally Posted by Demiurge View Post

Can't we all just get along ? N1 flammers and Iphone flammers LOL
    We could, but there's some obvious issues, most notably that the iPhone doesn't recognize when it's been flashed.

I gotta get back to work. Later and hope my comment didn't make anyone upset. Sorry if it did. N1 and Iphone for life

Well, I made the plunge today. Said goodbye to my month old Nexus and said hello to my new iPhone 4. Its ordered, should be here in a couple weeks. In the meantime I went back to my trusty iPhone 3Gs.

In the end I just could not deal with the reception issues and horrible call quality. At least once a day my nexus would drop a call, or not be able to make an outgoing call. The lag time between when I answered a call and when the person on the other side could hear me was ridiculous, like 5 seconds. As much as I loved everything else about the phone, in the end I feel that the phone was lacking in the most basic of areas, making and receiving phone calls.

I am by no means a fanboy of anything, I am usually fairly objective in everything I use. I can tell you in the 24 hours that I have gone back to my iPhone, I haven't had a single issue regarding phone calls. I also notice my signal strength is much better. There are places that my Nexus had no service that my iPhone has 3G service. Perhaps I just got a lemon of a Nexus. I am sure I had enough issues to get a replacement phone from google, but in the end I just needed something that worked now.

Good luck to you all, and I wish you all many sweet treats on your android phones
    The problem you are having is with AT&T. You think you are having problems now just wait until all those I-Phones are up and running on that allready worn out network, no one will be able to hold a call. The I-Phone just designed an app to document all the dropped calls and lost signal problems. That is how many problems they are having. Change carriers, that is your answer.

That's AT&T for you

Hopefully you won't have the yellow line on your screen, the mixed up volume buttons, the reception loss when you hold it by the antenna band, and apparently the easily scratched surface.

Quote Originally Posted by vinny View Post
    Well, I made the plunge today. Said goodbye to my month old Nexus and said hello to my new iPhone 4. Its ordered, should be here in a couple weeks. In the meantime I went back to my trusty iPhone 3Gs.

In the end I just could not deal with the reception issues and horrible call quality. At least once a day my nexus would drop a call, or not be able to make an outgoing call. The lag time between when I answered a call and when the person on the other side could hear me was ridiculous, like 5 seconds. As much as I loved everything else about the phone, in the end I feel that the phone was lacking in the most basic of areas, making and receiving phone calls.

I am by no means a fanboy of anything, I am usually fairly objective in everything I use. I can tell you in the 24 hours that I have gone back to my iPhone, I haven't had a single issue regarding phone calls. I also notice my signal strength is much better. There are places that my Nexus had no service that my iPhone has 3G service. Perhaps I just got a lemon of a Nexus. I am sure I had enough issues to get a replacement phone from google, but in the end I just needed something that worked now.

Good luck to you all, and I wish you all many sweet treats on your android phones
    The problem you are having is with AT&T. You think you are having problems now just wait until all those I-Phones are up and running on that allready worn out network, no one will be able to hold a call. The I-Phone just designed an app to document all the dropped calls and lost signal problems. That is how many problems they are having. Change carriers, that is your answer.
    I don't see how its AT&T when I am getting different results with different phones. My nexus consistantly dropped calls, went to no service and was unreliable in general regarding anything wireless. iPhone, havent had any of these problems. The problem was MY nexus.

Im out people. Pretty ridiculous that I can't even make a simple post about a phone giving me problems without all the crap from you all. Have fun kids.
    Jason
    Nexus One

Super Moderator AndroidIsTheTruth's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by WERA689 View Post
    Haha....I'm the cat guy here! I have three of em :D

Ahhh how Nexus One owners have so much in common.

As do I.

Androidfied.

Page 3 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast

Remove Ads

http://www.scramblerducati.org/

Sponsored Links