Fun while it lasted...

This is a discussion on Fun while it lasted... within the Nexus One forums, part of the Google Phones category; Well, I made the plunge today. Said goodbye to my month old Nexus and said hello to my new iPhone 4. Its ordered, should be ...

Page 1 of 4 123 ... LastLast

Thread: Fun while it lasted...

Fun while it lasted...

Well, I made the plunge today. Said goodbye to my month old Nexus and said hello to my new iPhone 4. Its ordered, should be here in a couple weeks. In the meantime I went back to my trusty iPhone 3Gs.

In the end I just could not deal with the reception issues and horrible call quality. At least once a day my nexus would drop a call, or not be able to make an outgoing call. The lag time between when I answered a call and when the person on the other side could hear me was ridiculous, like 5 seconds. As much as I loved everything else about the phone, in the end I feel that the phone was lacking in the most basic of areas, making and receiving phone calls.

I am by no means a fanboy of anything, I am usually fairly objective in everything I use. I can tell you in the 24 hours that I have gone back to my iPhone, I haven't had a single issue regarding phone calls. I also notice my signal strength is much better. There are places that my Nexus had no service that my iPhone has 3G service. Perhaps I just got a lemon of a Nexus. I am sure I had enough issues to get a replacement phone from google, but in the end I just needed something that worked now.

Good luck to you all, and I wish you all many sweet treats on your android phones
    Jason
    Nexus One

2. Android.net is the premier Android Forum. Registered users do not see these ads. .

Fare thee well

Well I'm sorry to hear that you were having so many issues.

Hopefully we'll see you back for the Nexus 2 or maybe the HTC Vision (if that exists?)

Just be careful about where you put your hands on that new iPhone y'hear?

Reckon that loop antenna will throw you for it's namesake if you hate reception issues

Agreed! Sorry it didn't work out...a working, reliable phone IS top priority, everything else is icing...(hmm..a theme is emerging!) Enjoy your iPhone Jason!

Quote Originally Posted by Luchyres View Post

Hopefully we'll see you back for the Nexus 2 or maybe the HTC Vision (if that exists?)

Reckon that loop antenna will throw you for it's namesake if you hate reception issues

Haha. Yeah I payed close attention this afternoon to how I held my phone when on a call, and I think I will be OK. Im really not worried about it anyway. There were similar articles regarding the iPhone 3G (3G reception), 3Gs (wifi reception) and iPad (wifi reception) when they were released, and I didnt experience those issues.

On another note, the wifi was another big issue on the nexus for me. I know this was a common complaint with a lot of people that the nexus would not maintain a wifi connection. In comparison, I cannot remember a time that I had to manually reconnect my iPhone or that it dropped a wifi connection.
    Jason
    Nexus One

Quote Originally Posted by pricej636 View Post
    Quote Originally Posted by Luchyres View Post

Haha. Yeah I payed close attention this afternoon to how I held my phone when on a call, and I think I will be OK. Im really not worried about it anyway. There were similar articles regarding the iPhone 3G (3G reception), 3Gs (wifi reception) and iPad (wifi reception) when they were released, and I didnt experience those issues.

On another note, the wifi was another big issue on the nexus for me. I know this was a common complaint with a lot of people that the nexus would not maintain a wifi connection. In comparison, I cannot remember a time that I had to manually reconnect my iPhone or that it dropped a wifi connection.
    its funny, you know how you said you've never had any of the problems with the iphone that people complain about, im the same way with the nexus...ive never had any of the problems people complained about. i guess these phones chose their masters and you my friend are chosen by an iphone
    :nexusx: Nexus One Beta Tester

Quote Originally Posted by d1mitrov View Post
    i guess these phones chose their masters and you my friend are chosen by an iphone
    That's a permutation about cats!

Quote Originally Posted by alphawave7 View Post
    i guess these phones chose their masters and you my friend are chosen by an iphone
    So someone told me recently

Oh, and FWIW, I've never had any of the problems the OP refers to...particularly not with the WiFi!

Quote Originally Posted by WERA689 View Post
    Quote Originally Posted by alphawave7 View Post
    So someone told me recently

Oh, and FWIW, I've never had any of the problems the OP refers to...particularly not with the WiFi!
    alphaware whats this with the cats? i dont get it i think you need more spankage!
    :nexusx: Nexus One Beta Tester

Haha....I'm the cat guy here! I have three of em :D

Quote Originally Posted by pricej636 View Post
    ...I just could not deal with the reception issues and horrible call quality.
    What?

Reception and call quality are *carrier* issues, not the phone. You're really misdirecting your frustration.

But do what you gotta do. However, have you read the dropped calls and reception issues found with the iPhone4 ?

Page 1 of 4 123 ... LastLast

Remove Ads

http://www.scramblerducati.org/

Sponsored Links