Yahoo Email

This is a discussion on Yahoo Email within the Nexus One forums, part of the Google Phones category; Can I set it so it deletes mail off my computer when I hit delete on the Nexus?? Thx...

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Yahoo Email

Yahoo Email

Can I set it so it deletes mail off my computer when I hit delete on the Nexus??

Thx

2. Android.net is the premier Android Forum. Registered users do not see these ads. .

Hi Eric,

Maybe I'm not understanding your question, so forgive me if this sounds patronizing, but whatever device you use to delete your email in Yahoo, ie computer, cell phone, etc, will delete your Yahoo mail on every device. This is because Yahoo email is Internet based and not tied to any specific device. The only exception to this is if your Yahoo email is working with an email client like Microsoft Outlook and your mail is downloaded to the client.

I hope this makes sense. Let me know if not and I'll try to clarify.

Yahoo email will gets deleted automatically once you delete the email from Nexus One as you are using IMAP connection

Not patronizing at all.. thanks for the help.

I can make it real simple. Maybe I was making it too simple

I had the option on my blackberry of deleting the mail ONLY on the blackberry, or on both the blackberry AND the server...i.e. yahoo, on the computer.

Is that possible?

Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by eric0668 View Post
    Not patronizing at all.. thanks for the help.

I can make it real simple. Maybe I was making it too simple

I had the option on my blackberry of deleting the mail ONLY on the blackberry, or on both the blackberry AND the server...i.e. yahoo, on the computer.

Is that possible?

Thanks
    Yes, there is a setting for deleting mails from both device and the server, in e-mail account's "incoming settings" (at the very bottom of incoming settings called "Delete email from server").

PS: I have a Yahoo Plus mail account to access my Yahoo mail with POP3 from my Nexus One.

With an IMAP connection, what you do with your messages on your devices syncs up with the server. For a POP3 connection, they only happen locally.

You can access Yahoo mail via IMAP on your Android phone without needing to pay extra for the Yahoo Mail Plus account, at least for now. The benefit of using IMAP is that all your devices have the same mail view - no worrying about if you delete it here do you have to remember to delete it there, etc.

Using Yahoo! email via IMAP on the Nexus One | Nexus Onederful

I am totally confused now

1. what is imap vs pop3
    2. NOw I have paid account...so this is pop3 correct
    3. So, since the mail wasn't being deleted, I had to change the above mentioned setting
    4. I have the paid, the other advantage to that is support, and the view of the email and less spam....muchless, even tho they are still poor at that. my friend has the free and he gets a ton. I hate the UI on the puter

Quote Originally Posted by eric0668 View Post
    I am totally confused now

1. what is imap vs pop3
    2. NOw I have paid account...so this is pop3 correct
    3. So, since the mail wasn't being deleted, I had to change the above mentioned setting
    4. I have the paid, the other advantage to that is support, and the view of the email and less spam....muchless, even tho they are still poor at that. my friend has the free and he gets a ton. I hate the UI on the puter
    1. They are just different email protocols, details are not important
    2. If you have Yahoo plus, yes you have POP3 access to your mails, but not necessarily, you can still use IMAP to access your mails if you want.
    3. Yes, exactly.
    4. ...

Imap deletes it automatically -- I could change to that you said, right? (but why do that. I have the setting set to delete off both, and someone told me in a PM that imap does it automatically ...so I'd be putting in an extra step. correct?)

Also it seems that because the mail pulls it NOT PUSH like the Blackberry (BB) that the mail on the puter I look at for the first time is NOT highlighted...unless I get to it first on the puter.

When I had push, regardless of whether I got to it before I got to it on the phone or it was pushed on the phone, it was always highlighted black.

Is there a way to keep it highlighted DARK black until I read it on the computer in yahoo Mail

Thanks Promo et al

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Remove Ads

http://www.scramblerducati.org/

Sponsored Links