I don't see any warning triangle

This is a discussion on I don't see any warning triangle within the Nexus One forums, part of the Google Phones category; Im trying to install 2.2....any guild that i looked at...whatever it was, there was always a step like that: "Wait until a warning triangle appears ...

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: I don't see any warning triangle

I don't see any warning triangle

Im trying to install 2.2....any guild that i looked at...whatever it was, there was always a step like that:

"Wait until a warning triangle appears then hold the volume UP key and the power key until another small menu fills the top of the screen"

Problem is...I DON'T SEE ANY WARNING TRIANGLE....all that happens is this

Why...why why why D:...

I did everything over and over, but i never get to that triangle

2.1 update1...
    kernel: 2.6.29.6-gcbca6ae
    root@vmware-kermic-x64 #2
    build: ERE27

2. Android.net is the premier Android Forum. Registered users do not see these ads. .

You renamed the file update.zip right? When you put it on your SD, you rebooted and went to Recovery right? You shouldn't have a problem..hmm

Of course...i named it update.zip, even tried leaving the original names....i put it in the Root of the SD...i reboot...go to recovery...and that's where it starts....i don't see ANY triangle or anything that looks like it even...

I saw a video where they flashed it, without getting to any triangle...i did EXACTLY what they did ....but when i got to the press trackball to confirm message...mine failed...(bad), his worked..

That's what i keep getting...after a new radio...after i did w/e i could / know...it refuses to flash any new ROM...

Two forums and nobody has an idea whats wrong >:
    Is it really that strange?...

anything?

What version are you updating from? are you running stock?

It actually is not that strange; however, 99% of the time that error is caused by an incorrect filename. The file has usually been named "update.zip" on Windows; which actually names it "update.zip.zip".

The fix is to name it just "update" without an extension on Windows. Or make sure file extensions aren't hidden in Windows explorer so you see the double zip and can fix it

Stock 2.1 update 1...
    and no...i'm not that silly to leave a file called *.zip.zip >.<
    ...the pic shows that its not even...

It doesn't show .zip.zip on the phone or on Windows without extensions shown, even when named as such automatically via download.

The extension is fine...i checked now...that's why it seems so strange to me that it doesn't work...>.< ...
    any other ideas maybe?

OK...i think i found the potential problem...i just checked my updates MD5 and it was different......i compared to the original ...not the same...STRANGE...kk...copied the original with the good MD5...all kk so far...unplugged and plugged back the phone...BAM...new MD5

smth with my SD maybe?

edit...

even the radio i flashed today has a different MD5 from the original one on my PC...at least it didn't turn into a 570$ paper wight xD ...maybe thats why it didn't reboot the phone after i flashed it...

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Remove Ads

http://www.scramblerducati.org/

Sponsored Links