Samsung quits making AMOLED screens, HTC pissed and tells them no more!

This is a discussion on Samsung quits making AMOLED screens, HTC pissed and tells them no more! within the Nexus One forums, part of the Google Phones category; Originally Posted by fiercefire From what I've seen in current technology LED: Brighter, more contrast, vibrant colors, and debth LCD: Higher resolution, dpi As far ...

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: Samsung quits making AMOLED screens, HTC pissed and tells them no more!

Quote Originally Posted by fiercefire View Post
    From what I've seen in current technology

LED: Brighter, more contrast, vibrant colors, and debth

LCD: Higher resolution, dpi

As far a cellphones go, for me high resolution on tiny screens is insignificant.
    So far with the way things go in the cellphone world I think LED is the way to go, but for every part you have to rely on others, maybe all your eggs in one basket isn't the best idea..

As far as the resolution and dpi on the say the new iphone, I think most people are impressed because 99% of iphone 4 users were upgrading so they would see a huge difference. I can't see individual pixels on my N1 until like 5-6inches away from my eye with 20/12 vision and that hurts my eyes its so close! Im more interested in higher resolution when its time for a tablet, than i would be concerned with a 3.5" screen.
    Nexus One and luvin it
    Rooted 5/6/2010
    Enomther 2.10.1 Froyo Release

Quote Originally Posted by Syntax323 View Post
    So. No more AMOLED screen for the Nexus one. Ours have become Antiques. Does anyone know about that new LCD screen? Is it better? Better multitouch? No more screen issues? Would us consumers get to send ours in for a new screen???

-sYn
    From what I've read on the internet AMOLED is a newer technology and is more energy efficient than a LCD screen. Therefore, it's more modern than the LCD 'antiques'.

well then the battery life would be absolutely intollerable if it had a less efficient screen.

the screen eats 70% or more of battery on almost every charge....unless i happen to actually go a day without playing with my phone.

Quote Originally Posted by arhidia View Post
    Quote Originally Posted by Syntax323 View Post
    So. No more AMOLED screen for the Nexus one. Ours have become Antiques. Does anyone know about that new LCD screen? Is it better? Better multitouch? No more screen issues? Would us consumers get to send ours in for a new screen???

-sYn
    From what I've read on the internet AMOLED is a newer technology and is more energy efficient than a LCD screen. Therefore, it's more modern than the LCD 'antiques'.
    Very true, because the LED pixes provide the light themselves (which is also why it's brighter). They don't need a backlight like LCD screens.

Super Moderator AndroidIsTheTruth's Avatar
    I'll take LED with less pixels over LCD any day.
    Androidfied.

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Remove Ads

http://www.scramblerducati.org/

Sponsored Links