Anyone else running FRF 85B?

This is a discussion on Anyone else running FRF 85B? within the Nexus One forums, part of the Google Phones category; Originally Posted by MyNexus Hi Guys, I am new member to the forum as well as to the Nexus and the smarphones itself. I got ...

Page 8 of 11 FirstFirst ... 678910 ... LastLast

Thread: Anyone else running FRF 85B?

Quote Originally Posted by MyNexus View Post
    Hi Guys,

I am new member to the forum as well as to the Nexus and the smarphones itself.

I got the update last night and I beleive that I am seeing a significant improvement in the Maps app. I think it is loading a lot faster.

That's my view
    Agreed. There is substantial performance improvement in most areas, most notably in data transfers for me (on AT&T). As a long time WinMo user, I'm really shocked to see such solid improvements with a simple update. As much as everyone been ragging on Google for how the update has been handled (both in public comments and the "speed" of getting it released), I'm very, very impressed with what they've been able to do.

Quote Originally Posted by Demiurge View Post
    Quote Originally Posted by rahulras1993 View Post
    Hi All,

Ok anybody who got the OTA with the original AT&T EPE54B version?

I dont live in the US and I am not getting any update?

I dont want to know if you manually rooted your phone but did you get the OTA with this version?

Thanks,

Rahul
    You don't have to root or unlock your bootloader. These are official OTA updates from Google, so they've been properly signed and packed. Grab the file from one of the links, rename it to update.zip, and follow the instructions.

I was 100% EPE54B last night. 10 minutes later, I am completely 100% stock FRF85B. I haven't touched my bootloader or rooted the OS. I waited and waited for the official update, I just wasn't going to wait for the OTA notification.
    Okay I am very happy :D I have just upgraded and FroYo was awesome , manual update did the trick thanks a lot anyway mate and thanks to all who replied to my questions and stuff :D I never got the OTA but oh well.

Looking forward to future updates Cheers!!!

Quote Originally Posted by wingod View Post
    I donno, I have my rings on and maxed. I remembered back when it was 2.1, everytime i reboot my phone, after reboot there is a sound. Since I did manully update to FRF83 and 85B, there isn't anymore. So I am thinking if google remove it.
    It does appear that the Boot Complete sound was removed. It used to be on my phone but with Froyo it is gone. No problem for me.

There does appear to be a vibrate as the phone is completing the power down.
    :nexusx:

AT&T ne:nexusx:us S on AT&T
    AT&T ne:nexusx:us one on Taiwan Mobile [Missing in Taipei]
    Archos 70 with UrukDroid

No issues with the download. Almost have the boot sequence down by heart with the 4 different versions I've upgraded through. Bring on Gingerbread! :nexusx:

I love how much snappier my N1 feels . I cant even begin to imagine what gingerbread is gonna bring...

I tried the manual update but when I hit the update.zip file it says something about footerand wont load anyone have any ideas on what I'm doing wrong

Quote Originally Posted by kevindaledavis View Post
    Quote Originally Posted by wingod View Post
    I donno, I have my rings on and maxed. I remembered back when it was 2.1, everytime i reboot my phone, after reboot there is a sound. Since I did manully update to FRF83 and 85B, there isn't anymore. So I am thinking if google remove it.
    It does appear that the Boot Complete sound was removed. It used to be on my phone but with Froyo it is gone. No problem for me.

There does appear to be a vibrate as the phone is completing the power down.
    :nexusx:

That vibration is from the sd card. You can choose to get a notification sound and vibration when the sd card is done getting ready to power down. I don't see the setting for it in settings though where it used to be.

will the u.a.e users get the official update???

Quote Originally Posted by shibby View Post
    I tried the manual update but when I hit the update.zip file it says something about footerand wont load anyone have any ideas on what I'm doing wrong
    Leave the .zip off.
    One Nexus To Rule Them All!

Quote Originally Posted by coldfusionb View Post
    Quote Originally Posted by shibby View Post
    Leave the .zip off.
    did that it didnt work i ended up just downloading the link on my phone and renamed it there it worked fine that way

Page 8 of 11 FirstFirst ... 678910 ... LastLast

Remove Ads

http://www.scramblerducati.org/

Sponsored Links