2.2 Hitting AT&T Nexus Ones

This is a discussion on 2.2 Hitting AT&T Nexus Ones within the Nexus One forums, part of the Google Phones category; I'm on T-Mobile in NJ with 2.2 FRF50, but still no OTA.. I heard about a user who was bricked with a manual update so ...

Page 9 of 9 FirstFirst ... 789

Thread: 2.2 Hitting AT&T Nexus Ones

I'm on T-Mobile in NJ with 2.2 FRF50, but still no OTA.. I heard about a user who was bricked with a manual update so I'm waiting for the OTA.

Quote Originally Posted by pwoz View Post
    I'm on T-Mobile in NJ with 2.2 FRF50, but still no OTA.. I heard about a user who was bricked with a manual update so I'm waiting for the OTA.
    Yeah, I think I will wait, we have the good stuff already anyway.

Quote Originally Posted by pwoz View Post
    Was it your sisters friends cousins boyfriends mother?

As I've mentioned in another post, OTA is NOT magic.

OTA means OVER THE AIR, which really means OVER THE INTERNET.

Whether it's 3G or Wifi, whatever, it's just downloading the update and installing it. Just like you can do manually. There is NO more risk involved. The "OTA" is a little more "automatic", but doing it manually is not exactly hard.

No one will have bricked going from FRF50 to FRF85B as the update.zip doesn't contain a radio.

Besides, as above, there is no difference between a manual update and an OTA update. Exactly the same process.

so, can I use this file from google (found it on engadget)
    http://android.clients.google.com/pa...5.dc39ca1f.zip
    to upgrade from FRF50 to 85B? I am on T-Mobile. I did the manual for frf50, would it be the exact same process?

thanks

EDIT: OK, I upgraded manually from FRF50 to FRF85B with the previous link. everything works fine. It fixed the problem where certain apps would not show on the market.

Got my OTA last night around 10:30pm.

Did a few checkins throughout the day to no avail. Finally did one just before 10:30 CST and it showed in the system updates immediately. I was going to manual update, but the link was down earlier today.

Woohoo!

Page 9 of 9 FirstFirst ... 789

Remove Ads

http://www.scramblerducati.org/

Sponsored Links