[How-To] Manually Update Nexus One to Android 2.2 FRF85b

This is a discussion on [How-To] Manually Update Nexus One to Android 2.2 FRF85b within the Nexus One forums, part of the Google Phones category; Note: This article was taken from Iox at [ame=http://htcpedia.com/forum/showthread.php?p=67177#post67177][ROM] Froyo FRF85b Stock with optional root - HTCPedia.com forums[/ame] I am not responsible of any problem ...

Thread: [How-To] Manually Update Nexus One to Android 2.2 FRF85b

Exclamation [How-To] Manually Update Nexus One to Android 2.2 FRF85b

Note: This article was taken from Iox at [ame=http://htcpedia.com/forum/showthread.php?p=67177#post67177][ROM] Froyo FRF85b Stock with optional root - HTCPedia.com forums[/ame]

I am not responsible of any problem you may face using those files. You must know what you are doing when using those files, if you don't, don't use them.

Froyo release FRF85B

Update using official patch file
    You must be runnning the stock FRF83 release with stock recovery. Copy that file to the root of your sdcard, rename to update.zip, launch recovery (power on with volume down held), press power and volume up when the warning triangle icon appears then select 'apply update.zip'.

Download: Google

Update.zip to flash with custom recovery

This is the totally stock FRF85B repacked as update.zip. The radio hasn't changed since FRF50, so if you are using it, you can keep it and install the noradio version.

Download:
    - without radio image: 4shared - multiupload (md5sum: 239237c5d59ba14d50ca4c3e614e0e13)

Root

To root FRF85, just flash this update.zip (df9bac43866eb048479fa16fa1b559dd) (contains busybox, superuser.apk, su, unsecured boot.img)

2. Android.net is the premier Android Forum. Registered users do not see these ads. .

Yee ha first one that worked for me cheers mate woop woop

mah
    Quote Originally Posted by jameskevin View Post
    To root FRF85, just flash this update.zip (df9bac43866eb048479fa16fa1b559dd) (contains busybox, superuser.apk, su, unsecured boot.img)
    I assume that to use this pre-rooted update, you must first unlock your bootloader? Or is this a rooting solution that doesn't require it to be unlocked?

Quote Originally Posted by tonybhoy View Post
    Hey... you said you were going to wait for the OTA...

I didn't wait either..... yeah!!!

Quote Originally Posted by Beer Goggles View Post
    Quote Originally Posted by tonybhoy View Post
    Hey... you said you were going to wait for the OTA...

I didn't wait either..... yeah!!!
    i know mate :rofl3: but i was like a kid at christmas and my tapatalk pro was there and slingplayer so im a happy bunny

Update using official patch file
    You must be runnning the stock FRF83 release with stock recovery. Copy that file to the root of your sdcard, rename to update.zip, launch recovery (power on with volume down held), press power and volume up when the warning triangle icon appears then select 'apply update.zip'.

Download: Google
    This is for the stock FRF83B! it's written above!

Update.zip to flash with custom recovery

This is the totally stock FRF85B repacked as update.zip. The radio hasn't changed since FRF50, so if you are using it, you can keep it and install the noradio version.

Download:
    - without radio image: 4shared - multiupload (md5sum: 239237c5d59ba14d50ca4c3e614e0e13)
    This one is still for the stock but it is repacked...

Root

and this one is for the rooted one..

Quote Originally Posted by mah View Post
    I assume that to use this pre-rooted update, you must first unlock your bootloader? Or is this a rooting solution that doesn't require it to be unlocked?
    If your phone is unlocked or rooted, follow this one above, If your phone is not rooted, follow the one above that says stock.

The download link isn't working for me. Reports no such file on the server. I'm running FRF83. I updated manually from ERE27 last weekend. I know that my nexus isn't rooted as I checked last week. Is it unlocked though? If i've already carried out these manual updates does that mean that it is unlocked?!

Hopefully if I can get my hands on FRF85b and then FRF91, I'll update this weekend. Any idea's on what's happened to the file in the link at the top of the thread? There's links in other forums which are also reporting broken.

Remove Ads

http://www.scramblerducati.org/

Sponsored Links