Nexus One Wi-Fi Hotspot really cost $20 extra per month?

This is a discussion on Nexus One Wi-Fi Hotspot really cost $20 extra per month? within the Nexus One forums, part of the Google Phones category; Originally Posted by bigjim1661 i have the 91 froyo build and i am using the hotspot for my laptop and 2 others in the office...works ...

Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123

Thread: Nexus One Wi-Fi Hotspot really cost $20 extra per month?

Quote Originally Posted by bigjim1661 View Post
    i have the 91 froyo build and i am using the hotspot for my laptop and 2 others in the office...works like a charm...no issues as of yet!
    I don't think issues with the wi-fi is the thing I'd be worried about. I'd be more concerned about your provider finding out you're tethering without their knowing. 3 laptops can sure eat up a lot of bandwidth...

I have a unlimited data plan with Telenor in Sweden. So using the hotspot and letting arbitrary amounts of machines connect would mean no difference in data compared to say hypothetically if I would use my own phone browser to download data all day. Well in real life my usage is quite modest, some occasional surfing and sometimes actually activating the hotspot for some hours. This feature consumes alot of battery (from fully charged to empty in some 3 hours) so preferably the phone should be on a charger if used this way for longer periods. Telenor won´t charge me for using this feature as far as I know. My N1 is not locked to any carrier and not sold by Telenor.
    It is quite a wonderful feature to have handy at the rare occasions I need it.
    I was very impressed by the outdoor range when I tried it last week.

Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123

Remove Ads

http://www.scramblerducati.org/

Sponsored Links