Nexus One Wi-Fi Hotspot really cost $20 extra per month?

This is a discussion on Nexus One Wi-Fi Hotspot really cost $20 extra per month? within the Nexus One forums, part of the Google Phones category; So I have been messing with my new 2.2 update and I turned on Wi-Fi Hotspot last night and its really Sweet!!! But, I just ...

Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Thread: Nexus One Wi-Fi Hotspot really cost $20 extra per month?

Nexus One Wi-Fi Hotspot really cost $20 extra per month?

So I have been messing with my new 2.2 update and I turned on Wi-Fi Hotspot last night and its really Sweet!!! But, I just read on PC World that we must pay $20 additional per month to use it. Is this true? I never got a warning message about this on the phone.

Quote from PC World:

"Android 2.2 will allow your Nexus One to be turned into a mobile Wi-Fi hotspot, so you can connect up to 8 compatible devices to the Internet through your phone's mobile connection. Note that on AT&T this feature comes at a cost ($20 extra per month for the privilege, with no extra data bundles included)."

Nexus One Gets Android 2.2 Update - PCWorld

2. Android.net is the premier Android Forum. Registered users do not see these ads. .

mah
    Your payment is between you and the provider, but it won't enable the feature to work... the feature is a part of the phone and works with or without paying. The consequences of not paying are between you, AT&T, and your service agreement.

Super Moderator AndroidIsTheTruth's Avatar
    That are the new rate plans with AT&T. If you have an grandfathered plan, you will not be effected.
    Androidfied.

Quote Originally Posted by AndroidIsTheTruth View Post
    That are the new rate plans with AT&T. If you have an grandfathered plan, you will not be effected.
    Good to hear

Just don't use it extensively and att won't know or care. Sure, if you rack up 10 gigs in a month they will probably get suspicious.

Super Moderator AndroidIsTheTruth's Avatar
    I won't use ANY kind of AT&T apps on my phone what so ever. It's a way for them to determin you have a smartphone and try to throw the $30 smartphone plan on your. I'm still on 15/month. I'm not saying they can't detect me, but I'm giving less a reason as possible to try to charge me more for BS.
    Androidfied.

How did you do this?

Quote Originally Posted by DasWax View Post
    So I have been messing with my new 2.2 update and I turned on Wi-Fi Hotspot last night and its really Sweet!!! But, I just read on PC World that we must pay $20 additional per month to use it. Is this true? I never got a warning message about this on the phone.

Quote from PC World:

"Android 2.2 will allow your Nexus One to be turned into a mobile Wi-Fi hotspot, so you can connect up to 8 compatible devices to the Internet through your phone's mobile connection. Note that on AT&T this feature comes at a cost ($20 extra per month for the privilege, with no extra data bundles included)."

Nexus One Gets Android 2.2 Update - PCWorld

Just wondering how to do this. I am on T-Mobile and as you might have guessed I am a brand new user of Nexus and I guess I need a lot more to learn.
    Your help will help me a lot, as I travel and stay in hotels and this will greatly help me. I mean the WiFi Hotspot. I was admiring the Sprint EVO for precisely this capability. If my Nexus One has that capability, I will never regret switching to T-Mobile.

Thanks and do look forward to all of your guys help me.

MyNexus

i use the Wi-Fi hot spot for my iPad and AT&T hasn't contacted me yet, i doubt they ever will. The only way to get caught is to tether to your laptop, and download stuff, or tether for the internet all the time. I'm sure if you use it once in a while you will go undetected

Aw so I can't download 30gigs of torrent in one day over att 3g? Bummer

Quote Originally Posted by ardynine View Post
    Aw so I can't download 30gigs of torrent in one day over att 3g? Bummer
    lol no, unless you want to pay $20 a month

Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Remove Ads

http://www.scramblerducati.org/

Sponsored Links