Bugs I've Found with Official Froyo Build

This is a discussion on Bugs I've Found with Official Froyo Build within the Nexus One forums, part of the Google Phones category; Originally Posted by iPhoneSlayer Originally Posted by N1David Originally Posted by iPhoneSlayer At first my market only showed about 4 apps under download, but after ...

Page 3 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast

Thread: Bugs I've Found with Official Froyo Build

Quote Originally Posted by iPhoneSlayer View Post
    Quote Originally Posted by N1David View Post
    At first my market only showed about 4 apps under download, but after a quick reboot, everything was back! Had to trash and re-add the youtube widget. Also had to reinstall swype (after each update). Everything is back to normal...life is good.

Edit: Still no fix on the calander. It doesn't show all the Holidays, Sporting Events that I subscribed for in Google Calendar. I have them all synced and visible. Had this problem since FRF50. Anyone else have this issue?
    Hey iPhoneSlayer, how do you re-install swype? I have barely started using it last week and have grown quite accustomed to it...actually love it.
    I know, its makes the stock keyboard look like a typewriter.
    First you have to uninstall Swype by going to Settings-Applications-Manage Applications-Swype-Uninstall (make sure you DON'T unintall Swype installer)
    Once you do that, then go back to your home screen-open your app drawer, press Swype installer, then just do what is asks...then you're done! You still have to longpress any text field and change the input method to Swype. Good luck.
    Thank You!! ...P.S. now I know what an app drawer is - up until now I have wondered what people were referring to when they mentioned the app drawer.

LOL. You're welcome. I realized it was called an app drawer only last month when I installed Launcher Pro and there were comments on changing the app drawer icon.
    It's a successful day when you learn something new.
    Come here little sheep; I have a nice juicy apple for you!
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]

Nexus One: Locked and Rooted
    ROM: CM7

ok this is what i've seen so far with my Froyo N1 updated just today. First, for some reason I get no sound when turning on or off the device. You know the little welcome-like sound that resembles a doorbell and comes up when you power on or off the device. For me is gone. Then, something really scary just happened that forced me to come here and give this update. When the battery finally died and got completely discharged, my N1 did a loooong vibrating alert, no sound at all. I mean long as in theres-seems-to-be-something-wrong-here long.
    Has anyone else experienced something like this?

Mine is the At&T N1 and I did a manual update with the 85 MB file posted in this forum.

I think your phone had a heart attack and died. LOL Actually... I dont know why it would do that... kinda weird. Maybe its just a warning for anyone not knowing that their battery is completely dead (when in their pocket) notifying you thats it has zero charge left and to go charge it a.s.a.p. To me while that may be a bug or some new feature isn't really too important. Lets just hope once it does charge it turns back on again. I am STILL waiting for my Froyo... man it seems like its been forever. I check my phone all the time and it doesn't seem to be doing much as far as comunicating with the network. I just hope I wake up to some Froyo goodness tomorrow so I can show it off at work.

I had the issue of sometimes having no sound when turning on or off. Nothing I'm too worried about. As long as Shapewriter still works, I'm golden! (swype didn't work for some reason on my N1, and I couldn't live without shapewriter now!)

i just wished they would have fixed some of the GT bugs with signing off/on when changing from wifi to phone network and vice versa.. sucks to get messages 20 minutes later and not instant... and downloading from store sometimes requires you to sign off/back on GT to get it to start. Weird stuff. should be super easy to debug.

They did away with the on/off (preparing SD card) sounds and replaced that with a Lock / Unlock sound.

Quote Originally Posted by alzakx View Post
    ok this is what i've seen so far with my Froyo N1 updated just today. First, for some reason I get no sound when turning on or off the device. You know the little welcome-like sound that resembles a doorbell and comes up when you power on or off the device. For me is gone. Then, something really scary just happened that forced me to come here and give this update. When the battery finally died and got completely discharged, my N1 did a loooong vibrating alert, no sound at all. I mean long as in theres-seems-to-be-something-wrong-here long.
    Has anyone else experienced something like this?

Mine is the At&T N1 and I did a manual update with the 85 MB file posted in this forum.
    When I turn mine off, it gives a 1 second or so vibrating alert. I think it might be a planned "I'm going off" warning. Maybe when the battery dies it is longer so you know it died.

Maybe someone will find a hack for those of you that miss the power on jingle.
    :nexusx:

AT&T ne:nexusx:us S on AT&T
    AT&T ne:nexusx:us one on Taiwan Mobile [Missing in Taipei]
    Archos 70 with UrukDroid

LOL. You're welcome. I realized it was called an app drawer only last month when I installed Launcher Pro and there were comments on changing the app drawer icon.
    It's a successful day when you learn something new.
    Anyone else, when looking at all the apps in the app drawer, feel like they might fall down into the space between the apps and the house since they updated to froyo? Kind of scary too me!

Super Moderator AndroidIsTheTruth's Avatar
    Is anyone having problems when saving the apps to you SD that the icon are not in the app drawer. They are on my phone and I can open them but they don't show an icon on app drawer or my desk screen.

*edit* it's not Froyo it's Launcher Pro if anyone is using this please notice that any of your apps that are saved SD will not show on the Launcher Pro. I'm emailing him to inform him.

I switch to Stock launcher and they are all there.
    Androidfied.

Quote Originally Posted by AndroidIsTheTruth View Post
    Is anyone having problems when saving the apps to you SD that the icon are not in the app drawer. They are on my phone and I can open them but they don't show an icon on app drawer or my desk screen.

*edit* it's not Froyo it's Launcher Pro if anyone is using this please notice that any of your apps that are saved SD will not show on the Launcher Pro. I'm emailing him to inform him.

I switch to Stock launcher and they are all there.
    I'm using LauncherPro and my apps saved to the SD all show up. Maybe you need to do a LP "Restart LauncherPro" from its settings? I have noticed if I turn my phone completely off and restart it that the apps on the SD show up with a generic icon on my home screen (OK in app drawer) but if I restart LP they show up with proper icons.

Page 3 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast

Remove Ads

http://www.scramblerducati.org/

Sponsored Links