Bugs I've Found with Official Froyo Build

This is a discussion on Bugs I've Found with Official Froyo Build within the Nexus One forums, part of the Google Phones category; Originally Posted by AndroidIsTheTruth Is anyone having problems when saving the apps to you SD that the icon are not in the app drawer. They ...

Page 4 of 4 FirstFirst ... 234

Thread: Bugs I've Found with Official Froyo Build

Quote Originally Posted by AndroidIsTheTruth View Post
    Is anyone having problems when saving the apps to you SD that the icon are not in the app drawer. They are on my phone and I can open them but they don't show an icon on app drawer or my desk screen.

*edit* it's not Froyo it's Launcher Pro if anyone is using this please notice that any of your apps that are saved SD will not show on the Launcher Pro. I'm emailing him to inform him.

I switch to Stock launcher and they are all there.
    You're right..well mostly right. I'm using Launcher Pro and have 3 Apps saved to my SD card: App2SD, Google Sky Map, & Movies. The only one that doen't appear in the app drawer is Google Sky Map. Looks like some apps do get hidden. Good find!

EDIT: Thanks Maris! The restart Launcher Pro did the trick. That sneaky app is back in the app drawer.
    Come here little sheep; I have a nice juicy apple for you!
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]

Nexus One: Locked and Rooted
    ROM: CM7

Super Moderator AndroidIsTheTruth's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by iPhoneSlayer View Post
    Is anyone having problems when saving the apps to you SD that the icon are not in the app drawer. They are on my phone and I can open them but they don't show an icon on app drawer or my desk screen.

*edit* it's not Froyo it's Launcher Pro if anyone is using this please notice that any of your apps that are saved SD will not show on the Launcher Pro. I'm emailing him to inform him.

I switch to Stock launcher and they are all there.
    You're right..well mostly right. I'm using Launcher Pro and have 3 Apps saved to my SD card: App2SD, Google Sky Map, & Movies. The only one that doen't appear in the app drawer is Google Sky Map. Looks like some apps do get hidden. Good find!

EDIT: Thanks Maris! The restart Launcher Pro did the trick. That sneaky app is back in the app drawer.

Well it might have fixed the issue for me cause they seem to be all back now. Double checking to make sure.
    Androidfied.

Yes LauncherPro will not find Move2SD apps after a full restart. You have to then Restart LauncherPro again to find them.

I also found that LauncherPro in Froyo was taking up 100% of the CPU very often. Not sure why but it was draining my battery.

I love LauncherPro, it is by far the best launcher, but I couldn't live with these two things. Went back to stock, am miserable.

Super Moderator AndroidIsTheTruth's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by snlu178 View Post
    Yes LauncherPro will not find Move2SD apps after a full restart. You have to then Restart LauncherPro again to find them.

I also found that LauncherPro in Froyo was taking up 100% of the CPU very often. Not sure why but it was draining my battery.

I love LauncherPro, it is by far the best launcher, but I couldn't live with these two things. Went back to stock, am miserable.

It's important to notify the Dev of these things. He's great at keeping in contact and updating when issues are found. I'm sure he's needing to update things due to Froyo, but I can deal with some of the issues for the moment. I can't see myself going back to stock.
    Androidfied.

Quote Originally Posted by snlu178 View Post

It's important to notify the Dev of these things. He's great at keeping in contact and updating when issues are found. I'm sure he's needing to update things due to Froyo, but I can deal with some of the issues for the moment. I can't see myself going back to stock.
    I sent an email about it to him. I know the dev fixes LauncherPro very quickly. One of the best apps out there, it really is. However, between LauncherPro and Exchange Push my battery was lasting about 4 hours. So I had to cut them both off.

So it is confirmed, at least between us the community, that the battery life with froyo is in fact lower that with FRF50. I'm getting like 1 day battery life when I sued to get 2-3 days with FRF50.
    I just updated to FRF91 OTA, let's see how that rolls. I'll keep you all posted.

Quote Originally Posted by alzakx View Post
    ok this is what i've seen so far with my Froyo N1 updated just today. First, for some reason I get no sound when turning on or off the device. You know the little welcome-like sound that resembles a doorbell and comes up when you power on or off the device. For me is gone. Then, something really scary just happened that forced me to come here and give this update. When the battery finally died and got completely discharged, my N1 did a loooong vibrating alert, no sound at all. I mean long as in theres-seems-to-be-something-wrong-here long.
    Has anyone else experienced something like this?

Mine is the At&T N1 and I did a manual update with the 85 MB file posted in this forum.

With your battery, thats what most likely had happend, a 100% discharge. It most likey used the vibrate to achieve that 100%. I have read (forgot where) that with a ion battery, you should not discharge 100%, do to it shortning the life of the battery.

Page 4 of 4 FirstFirst ... 234

Remove Ads

http://www.scramblerducati.org/

Sponsored Links