Any EPF21B builds managed to update to FRF85B?

This is a discussion on Any EPF21B builds managed to update to FRF85B? within the Nexus One forums, part of the Google Phones category; If you change your build from stock do you waver all warranty rights? Yes, Jon is right on that one, I have read that HTC/Google ...

Page 10 of 12 FirstFirst ... 89101112 LastLast

Thread: Any EPF21B builds managed to update to FRF85B?

If you change your build from stock do you waver all warranty rights?
    Yes, Jon is right on that one, I have read that HTC/Google say they would honour a hardware fault, but i still think that is a risk you have to take into account when unlocking the bootloader. Think worst case scenario and would you be able to live with it? I got my N1 insured, and as far as i know if I have trouble with it, they would replace it (with a 40 excess payment).

In my mind though, I still think it is vodafone's fault here that we are having to unlock our phones in order to have the proper google experience that God intended! On the vodafone eforum, the vodafone moderators replied to people on this, giving them a link to their stand on firmware updates. And it says
    'Any updates done outside of the scope of Vodafone UK's officially approved software, or updates done with versions that are not approved by Vodafone (i.e. those not listed on our online updates page or by sending off directly through Vodafone for repair) will invalidate your Vodafone warranty (official releases direct from the manufacturer do not invalidate your warranty).

As such Vodafone will take no responsibility for the fault and warranty cover will not be provided. Vodafone are very careful when approving software versions to make sure they provide the most compatibility with our devices and most importantly our network.
    If you're unsure which updates are approved by Vodafone, we recommend that you check with us prior to completing the update. If you choose to de-brand any Vodafone device, this again will automatically void your warranty cover.

I like where they say they are very careful in approving software versions. I bet they are. the funny thing is, the froyo update is THE official update for this phone, and then vodafone turn it around and say it isn't! it's actually them who are invaldating the warranty for updates. that's my thinking on the matter anyway.

If you think about it we have done nothing wrong in our updates, because we haven't loaded unofficial updates, only the original US stock build and then the official froyo.

Fully enjoying FroYo here, on my ex-EPF21B build! Wi-Fi tethering and the Hotspot function work like a charm and the phone experience it's actually faster...

Whoooooooo! :D

Did you get the update over network or manual download?

Quote Originally Posted by andyandy989898 View Post
    Did you get the update over network or manual download?
    Manually, of course! I was originally on EPF21B build. But after updating to FRF85B the update to FRF91 was automatic (OTA).

currently following bzuuuuu's guide.. XD my fingers are actually trembling now considering i'm a noob at rooting. XD installing update as of the moment and waiting for it to finish.. i'll keep my fingers crossed and update you guys after installation finishes. im and epf21b build btw.. thanks in advance especially to bzuuuuu..

Quote Originally Posted by kikHoy View Post
    currently following bzuuuuu's guide.. XD my fingers are actually trembling now considering i'm a noob at rooting. XD installing update as of the moment and waiting for it to finish.. i'll keep my fingers crossed and update you guys after installation finishes. im and epf21b build btw.. thanks in advance especially to bzuuuuu..
    No worries!... It's a walk in the park!

yeah i bet it is! does it normally take a couple of minutes for Nexus One's loding homescreen whole waiting for the installation to finish because it has been doing this for quite a while now. I'm currently staring at it and is observing what's going to happen next.. LOL! :D

yeah i bet it is! does it normally take a couple of minutes for Nexus One's loding homescreen whole waiting for the installation to finish because it has been doing this for quite a while now. I'm currently staring at it and is observing what's going to happen next.. LOL! :D
    Just tell us how it went as soon as the update is finished.

no changes yet.. it's been an hour now. Pretty unlikely because mostly said that it takes 20-30 minutes for installation to complete. I'm still staring at it while it does the start-up loading screen over and over again. Something must be wrong I suppose.

no changes yet.. it's been an hour now. Pretty unlikely because mostly said that it takes 20-30 minutes for installation to complete. I'm still staring at it while it does the start-up loading screen over and over again. Something must be wrong I suppose.
    Over an hour ?!?! No way! My update took less than 10 mins. to complete, you must have done something wrong!

Don't do anything and read the PM I've just sent you.

Page 10 of 12 FirstFirst ... 89101112 LastLast

Remove Ads

http://www.scramblerducati.org/

Sponsored Links