Any EPF21B builds managed to update to FRF85B?

This is a discussion on Any EPF21B builds managed to update to FRF85B? within the Nexus One forums, part of the Google Phones category; Got the thing working at last! I just rebooted and did the wipe out again on bootloader (although I have done it before I applied ...

Page 11 of 12 FirstFirst ... 9101112 LastLast

Thread: Any EPF21B builds managed to update to FRF85B?

Got the thing working at last! I just rebooted and did the wipe out again on bootloader (although I have done it before I applied the update) The manual update went well for me! I haven't even pressed the menu button when an update prompted on the screen. It was FRF91! Thanks for your guide bzuuuuu.. I'll be fiddling with my Froyo now! XD Cheers!

Quote Originally Posted by kikHoy View Post
    Got the thing working at last! I just rebooted and did the wipe out again on bootloader (although I have done it before I applied the update) The manual update went well for me! I haven't even pressed the menu button when an update prompted on the screen. It was FRF91! Thanks for your guide bzuuuuu.. I'll be fiddling with my Froyo now! XD Cheers!
    Glad to know everything went fine! Welcome to the wonderful world of FroYo! :D

To all the people out there doing the EPF21B/EPF30 > FRF85B update, PLEASE make sure you follow the STEP 8 of my guide or you might end up stuck at the boot screen or in a bootloop, during the update.

--------------------------------------------------------------------------
    8. First, do a "wipe cache partition", then do a "wipe data/factory reset".

And PLEASE make sure you follow all the steps in the correct order and the update task shall be smooth as silk.

Cheers!

Quote Originally Posted by Bzuuuuu View Post

To all the people out there doing the EPF21B/EPF30 > FRF85B update, PLEASE make sure you follow the STEP 8 of my guide or you might end up stuck at the boot screen or in a bootloop, during the update.

And PLEASE make sure you follow all the steps in the correct order and the update task shall be smooth as silk.

Cheers!
    Where is this guide..did I miss it?

Quote Originally Posted by alphawave7 View Post

Cheers!
    ermm... post #36 on this thread!

Cheers!
    Excellent! Would it be possible some of you to expand on the steps (ADB,etc.) for the brand newbs, and I can put it in How-To's for future VF users...also thinking of including it in the OP of this thread for easy reference, as well.

Yup post 36! Other Links might be useful though 'coz google's are all down.

Excellent! Would it be possible some of you to expand on the steps (ADB,etc.) for the brand newbs, and I can put it in How-To's for future VF users...also thinking of including it in the OP of this thread for easy reference, as well.
    That's a good idea. Perhaps someone could expand on installing the usb device via SDK setup (which i've had a problem with at first. For vista and windows 7 users I think because nexus one is not automatically recognized so you'd have to install it manually) USB debugging might be useful as well. I am a complete noob about rooting so correct me if I'm misleading you. I just want to share my experience with regards to manually updating my nexus. I know VF GN1 owners have waited long enough for FROYO.. :D

That's a good idea. Perhaps someone could expand on installing the usb device via SDK setup (which i've had a problem with at first. For vista and windows 7 users I think because nexus one is not automatically recognized so you'd have to install it manually) USB debugging might be useful as well. I am a complete noob about rooting so correct me if I'm misleading you. I just want to share my experience with regards to manually updating my nexus. I know VF GN1 owners have waited long enough for FROYO.. :D
    That's my concern as well...a guide should be concise, but elementary enough for a newb to follow the steps to achieve success with minimal additional help. While VF fora have some similar guide/threads on the subject, I wouldn't put it past them to remove the info eventually, and would prefer to have the guide/info in an agnostic location (here) in case TPTB there decide to yank content. So long as one attains permission from VF fora users (like Rusty, for example) to place/copy their content to create a guide, I think it's safer to have this 'offsite' backup guide.

[ame=http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=jmWpSiX1tvs]YouTube - How to Unlock Nexus One Bootloader[/ame] this actally is also a good comprehensive video. An alternative for unlocking the bootloader. bzuuuuu's steps from flashing to recovery image up to the last step works as a charm after that.

signed-passion-ota-42745.dc39ca1f.zip <- alternative link for stock FRF85b (from erd79 recovery image) since the links from google are down. I used this one to manually update my epf21b build so this should be alright among other users who share the same build. However, I recommend using checksums to be accurate. I hope these helped.. :D

Hi guys first post and got to say thanks to all you warriors out there fighting the good fight against those vodafone swine!

A big thanks to Bzuuuuu as your guide was excellent.

I too am looking to Vodapwn them!

Sorry for noob question here but I have got everything set up apart from the file in my sd card. I am wondering if i have to use the file signed-passion-ota-42745.dc39ca1f.zip or can i go straight to the signed-passion-ota-43546.cc653ee4.zip and get to the frf91?

Thanks in advance

Page 11 of 12 FirstFirst ... 9101112 LastLast

Remove Ads

http://www.scramblerducati.org/

Sponsored Links