Any EPF21B builds managed to update to FRF85B?

This is a discussion on Any EPF21B builds managed to update to FRF85B? within the Nexus One forums, part of the Google Phones category; Originally Posted by VanGTO Hi guys first post and got to say thanks to all you warriors out there fighting the good fight against those ...

Page 12 of 12 FirstFirst ... 2101112

Thread: Any EPF21B builds managed to update to FRF85B?

Quote Originally Posted by VanGTO View Post
    Hi guys first post and got to say thanks to all you warriors out there fighting the good fight against those vodafone swine!

A big thanks to Bzuuuuu as your guide was excellent.

I too am looking to Vodapwn them!

Sorry for noob question here but I have got everything set up apart from the file in my sd card. I am wondering if i have to use the file signed-passion-ota-42745.dc39ca1f.zip or can i go straight to the signed-passion-ota-43546.cc653ee4.zip and get to the frf91?

Thanks in advance
    I have personally chosen to install FRF85B because I wanted to know how it looks like receiving an OTA update from google themselves. I honestly don't know about directly updating to FRF91. I got my OTA on FRF91 anyway just minutes after I manually installed my FRF85B. I hope that helped. I have provided a link on my previous post for stock FRF85B.

Cheers,
    kikHoy

Quote Originally Posted by VanGTO View Post
    Hi guys first post and got to say thanks to all you warriors out there fighting the good fight against those vodafone swine!

A big thanks to Bzuuuuu as your guide was excellent.

I too am looking to Vodapwn them!

Sorry for noob question here but I have got everything set up apart from the file in my sd card. I am wondering if i have to use the file signed-passion-ota-42745.dc39ca1f.zip or can i go straight to the signed-passion-ota-43546.cc653ee4.zip and get to the frf91?

Thanks in advance
    No, don't think so. frf91 is mainly a security update, and the file is only about 2MB. the frf85 is about 80MB.

Also I am at the last stage and I have got android system recovery 2e not 3e as per instructions is this still cool to proceed?

extra info: underneath the android and the waning sign it says in yellow text E:can't open /cache/recovery/command

Any help at all with this would be appreciated as i am kinda stuck here.

my device is unlocked and i flashed the image. However i am starting to doubt that image as (and i don't know if this is normal at this stage) when i have rebooted the phone etc... i am still listed as being on EPF21B

Basically i am looking for a bit of hand holding here and if possible can someone who has been successful give me a real step by step of how they did it, in detail and if possible can they send me their image file and update file used?

Any help would be greatly appreciated as i am just worried now that I am going to be stuck on this bloody build and i have voided my warranty now also so i am feeling that i have just entered a lose lose situation now.

I also don't want to brick my phone either so any help you guys please i am really in the suck right now.

Regards,

Craig

Problem solved I summoned up some brass ones and just tried the update on 2e as above. The result was a severe case of brick!!! I got stuck on a loop of the opening animation so i went back into bootloader and recovery but this time there was no error code and I was finally into 3e from there I performed the update once more after yet another clearing of the cache and the data wipe/reset....Viola!

The result was a fully functioning n1 with the frf85b and an immediate frf91 update.

Thanks again to all who have contributed on this and other forums to allow us poor buggers over this part of the world to get upto date.

Any love for Nexus One UK OTA yet? :D

Page 12 of 12 FirstFirst ... 2101112

Remove Ads

http://www.scramblerducati.org/

Sponsored Links