Any EPF21B builds managed to update to FRF85B?

This is a discussion on Any EPF21B builds managed to update to FRF85B? within the Nexus One forums, part of the Google Phones category; Hey Chaps & Chappettes, Sorry that I have not replied for a bit I was away at a marketing bash, I come back and all ...

Page 5 of 12 FirstFirst ... 34567 ... LastLast

Thread: Any EPF21B builds managed to update to FRF85B?

RE: Unlocking Guide:

Hey Chaps & Chappettes,

Sorry that I have not replied for a bit I was away at a marketing bash, I come back and all I can say however, is WOW, you guys have really set cat amongst the pigeons, I have just heard from a colleague who works for one of Vodafone's marketing companies and apparently because this and their own forum doing such good work in getting people onto Froyo, apparently they are really smarting and apparently having their eye's opened.

Apparently this other word of mouth marketing company was asked how they could now stop the bad press that was starting to spread, LOL, I think that one is more than a little bit easy to answer, simply release the froyo update, how god and google intended it to be, without all this fuss and the out right lies about, such things as emergency calls.

Bzuuuuu, fantastic guide, wish I had have had that when I came to do mine, you guys put me to shame, however might I suggest one of you chaps posts that quide over at the official VF forum, just to help out all the other chaps who are having a few problems. The more people who now manually upgrade the better case we have with Vodafone, I now may possibly be going to a meeting with some Vodafone execs over this, next week, and I would like to see how they further respond if we put up such a fantastic in-depth guide.

I am also thinking of contacting another colleague over at BBC Watchdog, because should VF eventually release it with features missing or hidden then there could be a really good story their.

Also it was pointed out to me by someone from OFCom that mobile companies cannot by law prevent you from unlocking a handset by imposing and on top of that they cannot prevent or delay any upgrades to mobile phone operating systems that are designed to prevent security breaches, and if I am not mistaken FRF91 according to Google is a highly important and required security upgrade, so I would like to see them respond to that one.

Anyway keep up the good work, you guys are awesome, I never would have believed that you could have made a stand and started a movement that is celebrating open source in such a fantastic way, by simply freeing your own handsets, I am proud to be part of it,

Kind Regards & Best Wishes ~ Ashe.

PS a particular shout out to Rusty over at the Official Vodafone forum, for his Stirling efforts in tutoring everyone in unlocking their phone's can't we get him over here as well.

Quote Originally Posted by Floogle View Post
    Bzuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuu,

Forget about last post, I finally figured out what I was doing wrong!

FRF85 is on the way and installing as i type - WHooooooHooooo!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Big, Big shout out to you for the awesome guide.
    Oh, you're very welcome!... I'm really glad that I could help you out with the update!

BTW, what were you doing wrong ? I think I forgot to mention in my mini-guide that the recovery.img file should be in the same dir as fastboot.exe. Can you please confirm so I can update the guide ?

Cheers mate! ...And fully enjoy your frozen dessert! :D

Quote Originally Posted by itbloke View Post
    Hey Chaps & Chappettes,

Sorry that I have not replied for a bit I was away at a marketing bash, I come back and all I can say however, is WOW, you guys have really set cat amongst the pigeons, I have just heard from a colleague who works for one of Vodafone's marketing companies and apparently because this and their own forum doing such good work in getting people onto Froyo, apparently they are really smarting and apparently having their eye's opened.

Apparently this other word of mouth marketing company was asked how they could now stop the bad press that was starting to spread, LOL, I think that one is more than a little bit easy to answer, simply release the froyo update, how god and google intended it to be, without all this fuss and the out right lies about, such things as emergency calls.

Bzuuuuu, fantastic guide, wish I had have had that when I came to do mine, you guys put me to shame, however might I suggest one of you chaps posts that quide over at the official VF forum, just to help out all the other chaps who are having a few problems. The more people who now manually upgrade the better case we have with Vodafone, I now may possibly be going to a meeting with some Vodafone execs over this, next week, and I would like to see how they further respond if we put up such a fantastic in-depth guide.

I am also thinking of contacting another colleague over at BBC Watchdog, because should VF eventually release it with features missing or hidden then there could be a really good story their.

Also it was pointed out to me by someone from OFCom that mobile companies cannot by law prevent you from unlocking a handset by imposing and on top of that they cannot prevent or delay any upgrades to mobile phone operating systems that are designed to prevent security breaches, and if I am not mistaken FRF91 according to Google is a highly important and required security upgrade, so I would like to see them respond to that one.

Anyway keep up the good work, you guys are awesome, I never would have believed that you could have made a stand and started a movement that is celebrating open source in such a fantastic way, by simply freeing your own handsets, I am proud to be part of it,

Kind Regards & Best Wishes ~ Ashe.

PS a particular shout out to Rusty over at the Official Vodafone forum, for his Stirling efforts in tutoring everyone in unlocking their phone's can't we get him over here as well.
    Thank YOU Ashe, for all the expert and valuable info you've been posting here at the forum.

Cheers mate!

PS: As I don't have an account created at the VF Forum (because I'm not a VF customer), please feel free to publish the mini-guide in there, if you want to.

Yeah, you're spot on about that - the problem I was having was working out where to place the recovery image to flash the phone. I placed it in the android sdk 'tools' folder (which is where I think fastboot is?), and it worked.

I must say, froyo is awesome. I have better reception, better features and the phone feels a lot faster.

Woh! Still a bit complicated for us upgrade virgins!
    Can someone clarify the bits below?

Quote Originally Posted by Bzuuuuu View Post
    1. Unlock the bootloader.
    DOS Command is: fastboot -windows oem unlock
    Am I typing this command into my PC or on the phone? If on the phone, how do I enter DOS commands?

2. Flash a recovery image from a different stock build (e.g. ERD79)
    Filename is: recovery.img
    DOS Command is: fastboot flash recovery recovery.img
    Where do I find a suitable recovery image?

3. Copy the file "signed-passion-ota-42745.dc39ca1f.zip" to the root of you SD card, and rename it to update.zip
    I can't seem to find the file you mention. It looks like it's been removed off the Google server

The remaining instructions look prey straightforward, so a big 'thanks'.

set
    So im edging towards rooting and manual update, i just need to find some painting by numbers instructions

One question though, if i root and update, will future updates come over the air or will i need to update manually forever

Vodafone will lose my CORPORATE business

I am just waiting to see when and what the vodafone build will be. If they decide to remove any elements from the original froyo build then I will be using my influence to remove vodafone from my company's corporate account!

All I can say I work for a FTSE250 company and the account is worth in excess of 200k per annum!!

dont worry i was in your shoes.

Quote Originally Posted by Reteb View Post

Am I typing this command into my PC or on the phone? If on the phone, how do I enter DOS commands?

3. Copy the file "signed-passion-ota-42745.dc39ca1f.zip" to the root of you SD card, and rename it to update.zip
    I can't seem to find the file you mention. It looks like it's been removed off the Google server

Hi, I totally understand it looks really difficult, but I'd just like to assure you that I had never done anything like this before but I managed to work it out, so you should be okay too.

Now, here is the guide I followed to do it, along with bzuuuu's excellent one on his thread:

szeiger.de Blog Archive Updating European N1 from EPF21b to FRF85b

It should give you a link to everything you need to download as well as instructions.

set
    Will this work to move from EPF30

Also to answer your questions...

Quote Originally Posted by Reteb View Post

1. You are typing it into your computer. First you need to download the android sdk to your PC in order for the computer to communicate with your phone in fastboot. The link I gave in previous post should show how.

2. See link in my previous post again...

3. If you can't find it from that previous link, I'll do some digging and post an alternative for you...

If you get any problems give us a shout, I only did this yesterday so its still fresh in my head.

Cheers, floogle.

Page 5 of 12 FirstFirst ... 34567 ... LastLast

Remove Ads

http://www.scramblerducati.org/

Sponsored Links