Any EPF21B builds managed to update to FRF85B?

This is a discussion on Any EPF21B builds managed to update to FRF85B? within the Nexus One forums, part of the Google Phones category; Hi Set, I was epf21b build so can't say 100%, but I 95% believe it will, and here's why: Your phone has certain partitions - ...

Page 6 of 12 FirstFirst ... 45678 ... LastLast

Thread: Any EPF21B builds managed to update to FRF85B?

Hi Set,

I was epf21b build so can't say 100%, but I 95% believe it will, and here's why:

Your phone has certain partitions - system, cache, recovery.
    By flashing an ERD79 recovery image to your phone, you are overwriting the stock epf30 recovery build, so then when you run the recovery boot on your phone, it will remove build epf30 and install erd79 (which is the 2.1 stock US build). This will then get rid of the problem where the frf85 update isn't being recognized, as the signature file for the update 'matches' the new build it sees on your phone.

Oh, and by the way, when you have manually updated, you WILL be able to receive OTA updates, as I received my frf91 update OTA this morning!

set
    Quote Originally Posted by Bzuuuuu View Post
    Quote Originally Posted by Floogle View Post
    Okay, i've unlocked my bootloader (no going back now!) but i don't understand how to flash the ROM to a different stock. I am downloading ERD79 but i'm unsure how to apply it. i think you use fastboot, but i'm not clear on exactly how to use that either...

Once i get past this hurdle, it should be plain sailing. Can anyone help me jump over it?
    Should be pretty straightforward and you won't need to flash an entire stock US 2.1 ROM build before updating to 2.2, you just need to flash into your N1 a small file (2MB long) named recovery.img taken from one of those US builds (e.g. ERD79).

The line-command fastboot is only used in the process to unlock the bootloader and to flash the new recovery image file (recovery.img). Please see below:

1. Unlock the bootloader.
    DOS Command is: fastboot -windows oem unlock

2. Flash a recovery image from a different stock build (e.g. ERD79)
    Filename is: recovery.img
    DOS Command is: fastboot flash recovery recovery.img

3. Copy the file "signed-passion-ota-42745.dc39ca1f.zip" to the root of you SD card, and rename it to update.zip

. Power-off your Nexus One. Boot into fastboot by holding down the tracker ball and then pressing on the power button.

5. Choose "BOOTLOADER" by pressing the power button. This should then show you a screen with *** UNLOCKED *** in the top left corner.

6. Press Volume Down button, so you highlight "RECOVERY" and press the Power Button. You should seen the X logo with the unlocked padlock beneath, shortly followed by a triangle with an exclamation mark and a small green android to the bottom right.

7. Now press at the same time Volume Up and Power Button. You should now be presented with the "Android system recovery <3e>" page

8. First, do a "wipe cache partition", then do a "wipe data/factory reset".

9. Finally: "apply sdcard:update.zip"... It will take a few minutes and will reboot a couple of times.

10. Ta-daaaaaaaaaaa... FroYo 2.2 FRF85B! :D
    Ok so i want to give this a go, but this means not a lot to me, does anyone know a really idiots guide

Set, have a look at the link I gave a few threads back. It points you in the right direction and gives you links to everything you need to download.

set
    I looked at that the first download link is dead.

looking at this one

How to upgrade your Vodafone Google Nexus One from EPF30 to Froyo - today! | Blog in Black

Set,

Looked at that guide you posted and it looks really good. I'm going to transfer some of the text onto this thread.

Set, have a look at the link I gave a few threads back. It points you in the right direction and gives you links to everything you need to download.
    I hereby nominate Floogle to create OUR official VF to FroYo guide! Any seconds (or dissenters)?

Quote Originally Posted by alphawave7 View Post
    I hereby nominate Floogle to create OUR official VF to FroYo guide! Any seconds (or dissenters)?
    Lol if anyone seconds this motion I'll floogle them!

set
    ok so i have put a file into my c drive called nexus, and placed the fastboot-windows in their, but i'm doing something wrong as dos keeps saying fastboot is not recognized

set
    ok got through that problem but now i have another, when i do the dos command to use the fastboot i get an error window pop up.

The program can't start because AdbWinApi.dll is missing from your computer

Quote Originally Posted by alphawave7 View Post
    Lol if anyone seconds this motion I'll floogle them!

I desperately need a good floogling!:rofl3:

Page 6 of 12 FirstFirst ... 45678 ... LastLast

Remove Ads

http://www.scramblerducati.org/

Sponsored Links